©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Favorite Pink Floyd album

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Whats your favorite Floyd album?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Whats your favorite Floyd album?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Gloid

Gloid

glows in the dark

• Expired Member
  • 110 posts

Donator

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:24 AM

:eusa_thin
Gee, that's a tough one.

#22 squizzlix

squizzlix

Atlantean Twins

• Expired Member
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:52 AM

Gotta go with The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn.
In my eyes,
the only The Pink Floyd album ever recorded.
Interstellar Overdrive in my world is in the top three songs of all time.
RIP SYD.

#23 DrAstronaut

DrAstronaut

Soxhleteer

• Expired Member
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

Love them all, but I have a special place for Dark side of the moon. My uncle took me to see a laserium version of it when I was 5. It was my first time hearing the album and my first time seeing a laser show. It melted my 5-year old mind and I could not have asked for a better intro to that album.

#24 mushroommaster7

mushroommaster7

mycopsychologist

• Expired Member
  • 880 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:33 AM

Gotta go with The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn.
In my eyes,
the only The Pink Floyd album ever recorded.
Interstellar Overdrive in my world is in the top three songs of all time.
RIP SYD.

i must say, pink floyd wouldn't be what they are WITHOUT syd b.... it's sad but true...

i fell asleep listening to meddle on christmas eve, and woke up in the middle of echoes.....

i really can't express, without being a baby how scared i was laying in my room, alone in the dark... that song gets fucking scary and there's no argument... i layed awake until the song finished....

#25 BeardedLadysLady

BeardedLadysLady

username now inaccurate

• OG VIP
  • 1,093 posts

Donator

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:52 AM

Definitely a hard decision, but I voted for the wall. It was that or darkside.

My dad would always quiz me on pink floyd and the dead when I was young. Play them for me, along with many other bands that he loved, and whenever I listen to pink floyd I have nothing but amazing memories.

#26 bluethumb

bluethumb

pitterpatter

• Expired Member
  • 262 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:35 AM

"Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict"! IS definatally the way to go if u have surround sound:cool: while TrIpPInN of course. oh yeah u gotta listen to it in complete darkness too.

#27 imsodangraw

imsodangraw

Eurhythmicist

• Expired Member
  • 726 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:05 PM

Obscured by Clouds followed up by Meddle. :)

Peace.
ISDR

#28 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

although it still gets played to death, The Wall is by far the best to me. I dont think it gets much better than Nobody Home and Comfortably Numb. Vera, Mother, Hey You, jesus what an album.

#29 barngoddess

barngoddess

Sage-ish

• Expired Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:11 PM

I hope the avatar will speak for me! :dance:

#30 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

It is very hard to choose just one Floyd album as a favorite,they all have something I like.1966-67 Psychedelic Games For May,Lucy Leave,See Emily Play,Astronomy Domine,Intersteller Overdrive,
1966 Tonight lets all make love in London,Intersteller Overdrive,1967 The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn,that whole album is amazing,Mother Matilda being one of my favorites on that album as well as Flaming and Take Up Thy Stethoscope.I really like there early works.1968 A Saucerfull Of Secrets I like this album but it its not one of my favorites,I find it to dark and chaotic at times.Still great work.1969 MORE and Ummagumma.I would take Ummagumma over More.I really like Gratchester Meadows and The Grand Vizier`s Garden Party.1970 Atom Heart Mother and Zabriskie Point,I like Fat Old Sun on Atom Heart and there is more on Zabriskie Point that I like better,Come in number 51,crumbling land,unknown song and country song,so that album wins hands down.1971 Meddle and Relics,Both Amazing albums some of there best work for sure.Too hard to choose between them.then we have Live in Pompei,simply Amazing,what else can be said about it,can be a bit on the dark side,but still great.1972 Obscured by Clouds,I like to chill to this album,Childhoods End is my foot tapin head bobin tune on that album for sure.1973 Darkside Of The Moon,press play,turn up the volume and listen,for sure one of there best albums hands down.1974 Masters of Rock,I`m a Barrett fan so I like this album alot.Chapter 24,Paintbox,Julia Dram and See Emily Play are my faves on that album.1975 Shine On You Crazy Diamond,amazing song,all parts,and Wish You were Here,Another great album.1977Animals,Dogs Pigs and Sheep all great songs.1979 The Wall,By far there most popular album,great album,great movie,rough times for the band for sure.Young Lust and Run LIke Hell on that album being my favorites.1980-81 The Wall Live.Same deal just live.1981 A Collection Of Great Dance Songs.I dunno,exactly what it says I guess,haha.Good album non the less.1983 The Final Cut,Not one of my favorites,good music lyricly,but too dark a dreary.But saved by Works that year.Arnold LAne,Fearless,Set the Controls,Several Species.Great album.1987 A momentary Lapse Of Reason,I like this whole album,Learning to Fly and Sorrow my fovorites on this album.1988 Delicate Sounds Of Thunder,Heard it all before,1992 The Division Bell,I like this album,its a great album to just chill on a sunday evening with a glass of wine and a good book.1995 Pulse,Again have heard it all by now,but it never gets boaring,add some pretty lazers and a screen flashing imagas and you have yourself a sweet concert.Have the VHS and DVD.The cassette and the DVD of this one.2001,WOW came along way,Echos,The Best of...So out of all of those albums and all of those great songs I would have to say Right Now I am liken the Zabriskie Point Soundtrack.

#31 kiddo

kiddo

Haus Of GAGA Presents:

• Expired Member
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:05 AM

I have to say the wall its great to listen too when im chilling at home

#32 chupbracabra

chupbracabra

Mycoexplorer

• Expired Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

The main reason I like Meddle is because "Echoes" is on it. That is a sweet song, reeaalllly long though, which kinda adds to its novelty

#33 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:46 AM

Come on WISH YOU WERE HERE, welcome to the machine, shine on you crazy diamond, have a cigar...thats a masterpiece there!

So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from Hell
Blue skies from pain...

#34 mushroommaster7

mushroommaster7

mycopsychologist

• Expired Member
  • 880 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

oh extrememetal i totally agree, but it's like those songs are all perfect, but separately... if that makes sense.
  • extrememetal43 likes this

#35 corporal_clegg

corporal_clegg

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

I can't chose between the wall and DSOTM so I chose obscured by clouds. Brilliant album, the missus has the LP, why are lp's better to listen to I don't know

#36 nomadicAI

nomadicAI

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 346 posts

Donator

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

Meddle, Ummagumma, Dark Side, and the Wall are all faves for me -> but my vote goes to Piper at the Gates. Something about Syd, I guess.

Favorite song would have to be Wish you were here.

Edited by nomadicAI, 23 January 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#37 corporal_clegg

corporal_clegg

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

Umma gumma really?!! I could never get into it, the live disc maybe, the other was a bit weird, even for me

#38 IbizaBar

IbizaBar

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

Umma gumma really?!! I could never get into it, the live disc maybe, the other was a bit weird, even for me

I agree bout the studio album seems like bit of a joke at points but ummagumma live has the best version of careful with that axe I've ever heard scares me sometimes.

Edit: Relics is a good compilation album not listed above

#39 corporal_clegg

corporal_clegg

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

I agree bout the studio album seems like bit of a joke at points but ummagumma live has the best version of careful with that axe I've ever heard scares me sometimes.

Indeed

#40 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Darkside and Meddle good stuff!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!