©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Favorite Pink Floyd album

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Whats your favorite Floyd album?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Whats your favorite Floyd album?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 caitojones

caitojones

The Space Pope

• Expired Member
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

"Wish You Were Neo", "The Dark Side Of Oz", "2001 A Floyd Odyssey", "The Wall", looking for a good Animals sync.
  • xPore likes this

#42 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,857 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

Oh Dub Side of The Moon is an awesome reggae version!:rasta:

#43 Jawn

Jawn

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 846 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

This is not a subjective question, and has no business being a poll.

The answer, of course, is all of them.
  • fungirfriends likes this

#44 dub504

dub504

Le bons temps rouler

• Expired Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

More is underrated, but I voted Obscured by Clouds.

#45 TheObserver

TheObserver

Make em' say Umph!

• OG VIP
  • 1,153 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

The Wall is my favorite. I fucking love this album.

#46 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

The Wall is my favorite. I fucking love this album.

ditto! watch the movie tripping. you will actually understand it. dont ask me how or why but you will and you will never understand it again. :special:

#47 BREEDERS

BREEDERS

GanjaMaNiaK Again

• Expired Member
  • 717 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

Dark side, ..... maybe because i lOve "MOooNeeey" song :eusa_whis

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#48 Tsering

Tsering

watching the grass grow

• Expired Member
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

Piper, Meddle, and Obscured top my list. Really they are all masterpieces, each with its own special place in my heart. I would have to agree with tex that Live at Pompeii is simply they best live DVD out there and the epitome of all that is great about the Floyd.

#49 Mind

Mind

• Free Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:48 AM

''A Collection of Great Dance Songs'' a compilation by Pink Floyd,

Really smooth album if i had to pick only one id grab that one.

#50 Bollocks

Bollocks

++ Universe Beholder ++

• Expired Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

I was torn between animals and the dark side of the moon.. I went with animals because I'm a sheep I guess.

#51 shade-of-deep-purple

shade-of-deep-purple

Psychedelic Musician

• Expired Member
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

I would have to vote The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn. This was the second Pink Floyd Album I ever heard and I heard I during the greatest summer of my life, the one where I found psychedelia(music, culture and mushrooms that is). Still it's a hard choice. One of the best nights of my life was spent lying in bed with the lights very dim, higher than I've ever been off some REALLY GOOD homegrown cannabis a hippy dude I know gave me and listening to Dark Side Of The Moon, so it has special place for me too.

I absolutely think that Meddle has got to be one of there best. For me it really got me one day when I was listening to it and walking on the side of the road from tiny town to other tiny towns all in the middle of nowhere in the woods on a sunny day in the fall.

Honestly though? People voted Ummagumma!? With the exception of Careful With That Axe Eugene I found it to be pretty terrible, but I guess to each his own.

I LOVE More too. Very over looked album.

Of course I can't count the time I seen The Wall. Even got the DVD.

Wish You Here is one not to overlook either. Some of there their best material on there. Really it's a masterpiece.

I personally think that Saucerful Of Secrets is a great album too. Not there best, but it's got it's share of really great music on there.

As for ex-Floyd member albums I recommend Syd Barrett's The Madcap Laughs and David Gilmour's first solo work(which is self titled). Many put down Madcap, but some of Syd's solo stuff is really good. Tracks I recommend of Madcap are Terrapin, No Good Trying, No Man's Land, Octopus and Late Night. Another great Syd solo work is the song Dominoes, which in my opinion, is as good as anything Floyd did without him.

#52 squizzlix

squizzlix

Atlantean Twins

• Expired Member
  • 369 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

shades-
YES!...the madcap laughs is by far the weirdest album associated with Pink Floyd IMO.
Just Syd and an acoustic guitar mostly...with a few drums bass and occasional keyboard (though the purely acoustic out takes are far better)
the setting is stripped down and raw.....but syd takes simplicity and weaves it into super strange webs sometimes cold like concrete...sometimes neon warmth....
always unknowing what is around the next turn.
erratic beat and rhythm changes....it pulses and darts and starts and stops like a UFO on a cold winters night.
I FUCKING LOVE IT.
the rest of his solo work is great....but the forced gilmour influence derails syds train from time to time.
the story of "dominoe" is great, after several takes syd couldn't get the guitar track to match up.
so he simply turns the reel over and plays to backwards drums and the guitar (now backwards) matches 100%.
even gilmour was astounded at the pure genius of this simple solution.

#53 cheetolay

cheetolay

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Division Bell

#54 EstimatedProphet

EstimatedProphet

Bearer of Light

• Expired Member
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

I really like Meddle, but this questions is impossible to answer for me. I was obsessed with Floyd when I was younger then I heard more Grateful Dead and became obsessed with their music.

#55 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

The final Cut.... right now
ask me again in a week and its probably a different one lol
I fucking LOVE Pink Floyd.
THEY ARE ALL GREAT!!!

#56 azure27

azure27

interdimensionalbiologist

• Expired Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

If asked this same question a year ago, I would have said Dark side of the moon. After a very intense experience with a very powerful dmt combination not too long after my mom passed away, would have to say Wish you were here. Holds a very deep personal significance for me and her death. 2nd would Dark side, and third meddle. Never really understood the Wall, but after seeing the wall tour this summer with front row seats, i have definitively grown a very deep appreciation for it.

Oh and live in pompei is the tits!

#57 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,496 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Meddle for sure.

#58 obtuse

obtuse

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Its a pity that "Live at Pompeii" was not included in this, as its such a supurb demonstration of their musical ability. that would be my niumber one.

then piper at the gates of dawn, ummagumma, then meddle then more.

I know others will disagree, but i was always disappointed they went the way of concept albums, instead of continuing on from the supurb electronic experimentation inherent within Dark side of the Moon.

my 2c

Cheers, Obtuse.

#59 Grubbz

Grubbz

Stuck

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Animals hands down <3 pigs

#60 Sickmanlives

Sickmanlives

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Same here..Animals. I do enjoy the Delicate sound of thunder CD very much.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!