©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Favorite Pink Floyd album

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Poll: Whats your favorite Floyd album?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Whats your favorite Floyd album?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 fungirfriends

fungirfriends

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Meddle, obscured by clouds and animals are just beautiful flyod. Dark side is a whole different beast but the first three I feel represent the band in my mind the best. Just raw talent

#62 jo_kerr8888

jo_kerr8888

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

Why...Why, must You make me pick between Dark Side and The Wall ? !!! .  In my world that's almost a "Sophie's Choice" sort of thing .

#63 Soulocybin

Soulocybin

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 75 posts

Donator

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:32 PM

Live at Pompeii

If you dont own the dvd, pick it up, best ever

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B0000DBJDM

Yeah live at Pompeii is a must have and I own it.To see and hear them creating in the moment is awesome.

#64 Soulocybin

Soulocybin

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 75 posts

Donator

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:40 PM

Had to go with Dark Side Of The Moon.I remember the first time I heard "Us and Them".It was the first song I ever fell in love with as a kid.I liked a lot of music but this song went straight to my soul and impacted me like no other.It brings a sense of nostalgia.

#65 xPore

xPore

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:20 PM

Way tooo cool see how ppl around the world are intimate to them...

I chose Dark Side because it fits well anytime, anywhere, at any mental state, with any kind of drug, or with no drug at all, and cause it makes me fell a kind of orgasm (even when I´m sober) everytime I hear the hole the album, when it comes to the end of "Brain Damage" music. Its amazing to fell as an album can work as one music, cause the tension is build through out the album.

I think from DSoM to The Wall are the masterpieces of Pink Floyd, but the master-masterpiece is definetively the one when they mixed with perfection their 4 stiles, after the trial of Meddle and before Roger Waters predomination. Dark Side is the album with the best integration between then.

In few words, now, the meaning to me of each album:

Dark Side of Moon - plays with crazyness, sanity, to throw you in a laugh that releases the tension of life, and much more other things... I think its the "center proposal" of Pink Floyd work. The beginning of the music "Breathe" releases any psychedelic tension.

Wish you Were Here - pure luxury album, specially "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" makes me fell a kind of constant êxtase for the whole song. I think the name "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" is a wordplay with "Shame on You", cause its pure pleasure while you hear that (but dont you fell shame, man, please dont...) "Crazy Diamond" cause with LSD the pleasurefull sensation is the most clear and easy to go.

Animals - tell about human natures, its a very reflexive album. I speally like the Lyric of "Dogs", wich deals when people are forced to act evil.

The Wall - this is about not only building wall against others, but in my interpretation talks also about reencarnation and the cicle of life.

This is just a resume... When I bring to mycotopia my experiences with Pink Floyd I hope to go deeper into each album and each music meaning in my entheogenic liturgy. Meddle included.

Edited by xPore, 28 March 2016 - 01:27 PM.

#66 MycoMisfit

MycoMisfit

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:06 PM

I've always been partial to The Final Cut...really a great one!!!...

#67 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,640 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:10 PM

I started going to Pink Floyd concerts in 1969 at Santa Monica Civic. Saw them every year until the Wall at the Forum. Every one of them was an experience in itself, some of my favorite trips.

Careful with that ax Eugene ripped my brain out and spun it in circles when they played in quad with a crank to spin the scream. Heart of the Sun at the Hollywood Bowl was intense, my first exposure to a symphonic gong. The Wall was a visual and musical masterpiece.

I can hardly pick one album as a favorite, as there was so much evolution over the years, but if I had to it would be Meddle, as I probably tripped to that album more than any other.

• MycoMisfit likes this

#68 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,646 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

I love love love pulse.

It was the tour I got to see. I know not officially an album release mor of a live album. But it's the one I default to.

I was introduced to them with the wall but found home with Gillmore's vocals on momentary lapse

Way more a Gilmore then a waters fan!

Also not techinally a pink Floyd release but the radio play, Darkside, that tom Stoppard wrote for the dark side of the moon anniversary is truly truly brilliant.

#69 Oriononthehorizon

Oriononthehorizon

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:14 AM

Dsotm, My favorite album. Big David Gilmore fan. As a guitarist, i love how clean his technique usually is! I love wish you were here a lot too, I mean shine on you crazy diamond is epic. But then comfortably numb is one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded imo. Like some others have said, I go through phases and my mood dictates what I'm really into at the time. IMO the wall (the movie especially) is a great work of art. I have really grown to love a lot of division bell too. Great survey!

#70 Ramble

Ramble

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:43 PM

Maaan, That's like asking if I prefer oxygen or water!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!