1 reply to this topic

#1 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,831 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2005 - 05:58 PM

hey yall... I haven't posted anything in awhile and i'm bored so i thought i'd show ya what i'm up to.. nothing really differnet here..
this is the same isolate ive had for over a year.. but everytime i use it (which is about once a month) it's only on it's second 'round' of use.. what i did was make 24 'faht jars' (i don't what else to call them) with about 1/2 inch of corn in the bottom and knocked those up with the isolate..
then, just before they colonize the corn, I remove all the tape from the tyvek (except for the tape covering the innoc. hole) that would normally keep the jars from drying out... this allows them to dry out.
i do this right before the jars are colonized so that the mycelium doesn't go into fruiting stage. this helps keep sessenence (sp?) at bay. mycelium can be reanimated so these dried out 1/2 pints last forever..
drying them out also helps keep bacteria down i believe. it's also easier to 'harvest' more myc. when they are dry because the myc. becomes brittle and breaks into very very small particles which is nice. :) the last two pictures are of what i was just talking about.. the dried up myc. corn ready for harvest at will. :) then when i use the faht jar.. i just replace it with another one... so when it gets used again in another year it'll only be on it's third 'round'.
also, a dry ounce was already picked from this bin prior to taking the pictures..
yummy yummy

fahtster :)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0883.JPG
  • IMG_0869.JPG
  • IMG_0886.JPG
  • IMG_0879.JPG
  • IMG_0888.JPG
  • IMG_0882.JPG

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER