• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Psilo-somatic

Psilo-somatic

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

I found this purification/ isomerization tek on another site, then realized it was posted here too. this is an excerpt from that.

"Dissolve the crude extract from the previous step in 5 times its own weight of ether, amd add to this volume an equal volume of water. Both the water and the ether must be as cold as possible. Close the holding container tightly, and gently shake up and down. Uncap to relieve pressure buildup, re-cap, and repeat until you're sick of it. Set it down somewhere cool and safe, where it won't get knocked or vibrated, and let it settle into layers. This will take about a half hour.
(The bottom layer consists of alcohol, water, tars, and minor resins. The next layer up is the emulsion layer, and the top layer is the ether extract which is holding the THC in suspension.)
Now you need to blow the bottom two layers into another container, which is easy to do if you set up the first container as a bong. Attach a tube to where the bowl would normally go and hang the other end in the sink. Very gently, blow into the tube where you would normally inhale. Make sure the bottom end of the tube that extends down into the container is all the way down to the bottom! Otherwise, you will blow all the good stuff into the sink, and you will be very unhappy. Just watch the water level, and don't blow too hard. Don't try to get every last drop; just get as much as you can without getting too close to the ether-THC layer. If you like, add more ether and water and repeat this stage. When it's purified enough for your taste, cook the ether extract in the double boiler at 104F to evaporate the ether, again making sure to hold the extract jar in place."

Is this theoretically sound? If so how much loss would be expected per addition of each water wash? And as a side note, how would this work for removing carcinogens and other garbage from pipe resin? Anyone with first hand experience with this rather than anecdotal evidence would be greatly valuable.

Thanks alot guys. this interests me quite a bit. If this does work it could be repeated to obtain a very pure final product.

#2 Psilo-somatic

Psilo-somatic

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

So no ones tried it eh? well SWIM will give it a shot with a small batch to start. Will report.

#3 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

this sounds like how to make pure delta 9. i believe this is probably the process they use to make the 'jolly oil' at bay area cannabis clubs. they compassionately sell it for around 90 bucks a gram. take a pic of your finished product man, id love to see if its worth all the extra effort. cold wwater hash is pretty easy and prolly 90% pure if u do it right

#4 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

so....

on your side note:
your wanting to make dirty resin more smokeable?

#5 bear

bear

Silly Animal

• Expired Member
  • 984 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

Im not sure what your goal here is honestly. I certainly wouldn't do it with ether either due to safety concerns! However - I don't see why you couldn't take a ball of resin and clean it up. How would you do this?

Well it's up to you, but let's think about this rationally.
Resin is (likely) comprised of thc, carbon soot, and a bunch of organic molecules that are the result of combustion - tars, polymerized crap.. and some strange compounds that result from cooling of heated organic vapors !!that are poorly understood!! The actua chemicall composition of combusted/combusting aerosols is poorly understood and anyone telling you otherwise is pulling your chain. IMO there are a lot more nasty things in smoke than we presume, and resin is the condensed tars of this smoke...

hmm.. so much easier to dissolve your clean hash in some food grad solvent (isoproypl probably, right?) and reflux it with a very small amount of acid to isomerize the THC.

as far as cleaning up resin...? i dont know but if i had to try I might
dissolve it in clean isopropyl? (there has to be a better solvent - ether would be good probably but its so volatile....)
filter it to get out the solids
hmm..at this point i dont know the best way to separate the desired oily substance from others because i dont know enough about the solubilities. the ether and wash with water sounds alright but there has to be a slicker way to separate it than with a bong (try a sep funnel?)

fucking chromatography...

#6 meku

meku

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

if you have soap bar haschich you can break it up in small pieces and dissolve it in very very hot water shake the mix very well and let it ti sit down after this you can throw away the water (it will turn brow because all the shit the hash is cutted ) and in the botom of the jar you will have pure crystal of thc , jut add a bit of cold water and drop the mix in a a Pyrex whit wax paper , dry the excess water whit some absorving paper , and put a fan overnight to dry it ,
The next day you will have just sand (thc ), proceed in he normal way :
put it in a plastic , tape it very well and tight wrap some newspaper tape it again and soak that for 1 hour after this just heat the package in a frying pan and roll it whit a bottle pressing the hash very very hard .
do this like 15 minutes , put the package in freezer 1 hour remove the newspaper and plastic and voila you will have good hash:)
Did this myself and 67 grams of soap bar hasch , get 18 grams of good smooth hash
roll it and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

#7 teesus

teesus

numb

• Free Member
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

i read that ether doesnt dissolve chlorophyl as good as other organic solvents. if so the oil extract should be much cleaner than extracts with alcohol or naphta. i don't know if this is realy the case, never tryed it myself

#8 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

if you have soap bar haschich you can break it up in small pieces and dissolve it in very very hot water shake the mix very well and let it ti sit down after this you can throw away the water (it will turn brow because all the shit the hash is cutted ) and in the botom of the jar you will have pure crystal of thc , jut add a bit of cold water and drop the mix in a a Pyrex whit wax paper , dry the excess water whit some absorving paper , and put a fan overnight to dry it ,
The next day you will have just sand (thc ), proceed in he normal way :
put it in a plastic , tape it very well and tight wrap some newspaper tape it again and soak that for 1 hour after this just heat the package in a frying pan and roll it whit a bottle pressing the hash very very hard .
do this like 15 minutes , put the package in freezer 1 hour remove the newspaper and plastic and voila you will have good hash:)
Did this myself and 67 grams of soap bar hasch , get 18 grams of good smooth hash
roll it and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

id love to see this process. from what i understand, putting resin glands into HOT water would cause them to rupture and form a sticky gooey mess. what is soap bar hashish?

#9 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

soapbar is nasty chit they sell in the Uk i think, some hash mixed with a buncha other garbage to make it weigh more, lots of nasty stuff in it.

big buddha used to talk about it ,

pretty gross stuff, unless you can clean it like meku.

#10 meku

meku

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

where i live we got very good hasch morocan but good ...pure ," pollen" ( is the kief sligtly pressed ) or "bolota" (is the haschich hand pressed )..but there is allot of counterfeit hash like soap, it is the nastiest thing very very bad to your health lungs and brains ...
like thc is an soluble in water you do the extraction as i explained , no worries it will work , but the content of "true" hasch in the soap bar is very tinny, the soap bar is full of garbage pieces of plastic , used motor oil , they use allot man deodorant to give a musky scent and allot of paraffine do glue it all together .
I eve saw once i was cutting a bar in half a olive oil fruit :eusa_snoo in the middle of the soap bar so imagine .
dont try soap bar period
Stay safe and happy

#11 meku

meku

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

GREENIE:
the hot water is just to dissolve all the nasty shit in the soap bar,
thc is only dissolved by some kind of fat (oil, butter grease), or butane gas for example .
You mix hot water to dissolve the soap and the water will be brown, you mix it very well and then stop and let all the thc settle on the bottom .
then you discard the water ( has got all the nasties).
On the bottom you have only the good stuff.
the rest is a way how to press again the hasch

#12 DrAstronaut

DrAstronaut

Soxhleteer

• Expired Member
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:05 PM

dont try soap bar period
Stay safe and happy

An acquaintance once invited me to try "some killer hash he picked up"...turned out to be soap bar. I laughed at him and explained that you should NEVER need a chisel to break up "hash". Nasty stuff. Stay away. :eusa_naug

#13 570rm57

570rm57

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

The wash in the extraction method u describe is very similar to the one in cannabis alchemy and Dr Atomic's marijuana multiplier .

I am currently experimenting with this method it does a great job in my initial tests which have not been completed yet.
So far starting with approx. 500g of previously heavily washed plant matter I extracted approx 8.07 grams it still had a very faint chlorophyll contamination but its final appearance was gold enough that when evaporated it was mistaken for what i call second wash.
It did however have a not to prominent nasty after taste and left a slight residue on the knife but this was only noticed by a small number of those who partook. It was amazing just how much i had missed and just how much it cleaned up. I am weary to try with good stuff yet though.

https://mycotopia.ne...merisation.html

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!