• Free Member
  • 833 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:02 AM

You can get self sealing rubber stoppers here
http://www.labwareho....cfm?terms=5469

#22 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:06 AM

:D Thanks a lot for that link Shobimono!!!!!!!

They have a lot of other goodies too! :D And not bad prices on scopes.

#23 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:15 AM

Archive material / homemade incubators

#24 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:28 AM

If you can get 150 degrees out of it, it would work for pasturizing trays of manure also....

#25 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:02 PM

ohhhhh, Lazlo, I never thought of that! Thanks for the idea, lol! I am really liking it though! It holds tons of jars, straw logs, spawn runs, cased subs, liquid cultures!!!!! The past. use sounds like an interesting run. That heater is turned down fairly low. :eusa_thin

#26 blackout

blackout

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:22 PM

Yes, agar at the shroomery was pastuerising in a upright freezer, I think it was either 1 or 1.5kW. You may even be paid to take away a broken freezer. I was thinking of a chest freezer (rather than an upright). You could dump in bulk substrate with a heater and pasteruise, then open it and mix the spawn straight into it. Those chest freezers are usually water and airtight. You could fill it VERY deep with bulk subs and have a low airspace at the top so the casing would be its source of humidity. Fanning could even be done with the actual door of the chest freezer. A chest freezer in a garage doesnt look too odd, many come with a lock built in too.

I have heard of people using those mini fridges too, the ones that fit about 12 cans of beer. Most heat as well as cool, some also have humidity control.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!