• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ihaveanasianroommate

ihaveanasianroommate

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

Having difficulty achieving the desired spiritual effects of the brew.

Round 1
Brewing for two:
-2.6oz/74g finely shredded b. caapi
-2oz/56.6g finely ground chacruna
Using distilled h20 and some lemon, let ingredients steep in crock pot on low for 8 hours. Strained, put 1st extraction in fridge overnight. Repeated for 8 hours. Reduced on the stove for several hours, to 600ml, giving 300ml each to drink.

Effects:
Almost immediate nausea between both parties. 100lb female experienced about 7 minutes of beyond threshold effects, post purge. 200lb female had no effects post purge. Mostly psychological effects and somewhat cathartic bodily exhaustion the next day, as if a spiritual cleansing occurred anyway.

Round 2
Brewing for one:
-7g syrian rue
-35g chacruna
-2 chaliponga leaves
Using distilled h20 and citrus, let all ingredients steep in crock pot on high for 4 hours, low for 5. Did not strain, put in fridge to steep for 15 hours. Strained, repeated extraction process on high setting for 4 hours. Put both extractions in large pot, boiled and reduced to 480ml to drink.
Effects:
No immediate purge like with the previous attempt, but purged eventually to clear some of the gross liquid from my body. Definite "high" feeling, extremely dilated pupils, no visual effects. Psychological ruminating paired with relaxing meditations when paired with 0.5g cannabis. Feeling both physically and mentally exhausted the next day as if a spiritual experience was had. No visuals. No sense of healing.

Can anyone tell me what's going wrong???
Help a sister out! Maybe the plant just has a different plan for me.

#2 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

I would raise my dose of caapi to 100g each dose and cook it over 2-3 days making 3 pulls. Also, raising the leaf dose would be a good idea, as you are using the dose for chacruna which is my dose for diplopterys. Maybe bump it up 10g-20g.

also see hummingbird tek

#3 duaut

duaut

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

Nothing wrong. It's the beginning of the path. Aya gives what is needed at the moment.
The rue is not Madre Aya and is a different teacher.
Boost the chac to 50g per person, caapi is a little low, but enough.
We use about 120g caapi per person, and 75g chac per person in the Amazon at Magic Camp. We cook for about 7-8hrs over a huge open fire.
IMG_1282.jpg

Edited by Sidestreet, 06 September 2015 - 07:29 PM.

#4 witchdr11

witchdr11

Shamanic Vibes

• Expired Member
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:17 PM

Round 1 your MAOI was a bit low. Round 2 your DMT was low.
  • bbd2 likes this

#5 ihaveanasianroommate

ihaveanasianroommate

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

Thank you very much for the advice! I think you are right in that Aya is a teacher. Especially during brewing and after the first traditional attempt I felt very humbled.

I might venture chaliponga and a larger dose of caapi when I am physically and mentally prepared for the challenge.

How do you typically reduce the mixture down when you are cooking it over a large fire? And what, pray tell, is Magic Camp? I would be extremely interested in more information if it is available.

#6 bbd2

bbd2

eNtheogen psychonautical voyager navigator

• Free Member
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:54 AM

Round 1 your MAOI was a bit low. Round 2 your DMT was low.

yup

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!