• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

I'll have to convince BLL to follow your directions and make some, white chocolate with orange zest!

Since, as you probably know, white chocolate isn't real chocolate,
you most likely won't notice any potentiation effects from it.

I'm sure they'll taste good though :thumbup:

#42 DrAstronaut

DrAstronaut

Soxhleteer

• Expired Member
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

Has anyone considered substituting sprinkles for pop-rocks? I hear they add extra magic :rasta:

#43 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

damn how did i miss this one. holy horse poo batman those look great!:bow:

#44 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

haha eats, thanks man :headbang:

Has anyone considered substituting sprinkles for pop-rocks? I hear they add extra magic :rasta:

:lol: great idea!

#45 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

missing pix

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1561 small.JPG
  • IMG_1563 small.JPG
  • IMG_1565 small.JPG
  • IMG_1564 small.JPG
  • IMG_1562 small.JPG

#46 Santiago

Santiago

Shepherd

• Expired Member
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

:loveeyes:

Wow. I bow to your ultimate mushroom confectionary technique. Very impressive. I like to do the quick and dirty mushroom chocolates with the "candy melts", but I might have to treat myself some time real soon.

#47 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

the beauty of em is that if you want like 2 grams in it of dry material. you can make em big enough and not worry about the size of your ice cube tray or mold. so the chocolate to material ratio can be whatever it needs to be!

always seems to be a problem when you add too much dry material. and if you have a certain size mold that only holds a certain amount of volume. you can easily add too much dry material and have some chunky dry chocolates. this allows your flexibility and ability to increase the size to accommodate adding more dry material. i always have problems upwards of 1.5 gram dry per chocolate and up. and most of the time, you want to eat one and trip real hard. so i think this will help!

#48 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

hey eats thanks for fixing the corrupted photos in that post :thumbup:

you guys should definitely try making them, they're really delicious, can hardly taste the mushrooms, and each 1g truffle feels a lot stronger than 1g. 2 truffles totals 2g, but it feels more like 3-3.5g. the chocolate just does something really special :D and yeah, you can change up the ratio however you like, you could probably get even 3g into each of 80 truffles of the same size, they'd just taste a lot more mushroomy! glad i've inspired you, i hope you make them! they're very easy to do, hard to mess up :)

#49 Arabesque

Arabesque

Pimposaurus-Rex

• Expired Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

Once I get the key ingredient for this recipe I will be making these. Thanks for enticing me to bake, as I rarely do that kind. :eusa_clap:bow::bow::eusa_droo

#50 Santiago

Santiago

Shepherd

• Expired Member
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

they're very easy to do, hard to mess up :)

And, if you think you might anyway, you can make them sans mushrooms for a practice round! <-- this is probably what I am doing.

#51 feralronin

feralronin

Professional Amateur

• Expired Member
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:58 AM

hey eats thanks for fixing the corrupted photos in that post :thumbup:

you guys should definitely try making them, they're really delicious, can hardly taste the mushrooms, and each 1g truffle feels a lot stronger than 1g. 2 truffles totals 2g, but it feels more like 3-3.5g. the chocolate just does something really special :D and yeah, you can change up the ratio however you like, you could probably get even 3g into each of 80 truffles of the same size, they'd just taste a lot more mushroomy! glad i've inspired you, i hope you make them! they're very easy to do, hard to mess up :)

How is the taste on the 1 gram chocos?

#52 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

Damn those look really good
great thread & cool pics :bow:

#53 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:50 PM

How is the taste on the 1 gram chocos?

feral, i'm so lame i didn't see this post til bri brought it back from the dead. sorry!

the taste is pretty good man. i've made 1g in large truffles and 1g in smaller truffles (which makes the mushrooms more concentrated), and the large ones are definitely better. 1g in a small truffle kinda tastes too mushroomy IMO.

#54 Leftover Salmon

Leftover Salmon

Bold as Love

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:36 AM

These look absolutely amazing! Never seen anything like this before, very clever! I an I will try this real soon. +Mad Rep given!:bow::bow::bow: Thank you so much for sharing..

#55 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

BUMP!
  • kcmoxtractor likes this

#56 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,100 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:08 PM

Thank you for the recipe MD. i made truffles for the first time at christmas but now i will have to try these sometime when i get the ingredients. and now i have to go find some chocolate for the craving you just gave me. Been on a major chocolate frenzy lately.

#57 wildburr

wildburr

Wildest of Burrs

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,652 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:44 PM

Chocolate truffles rule :headbang:, Im a major Chocolate fiend myself.

#58 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

i want to eat my computer screen! :amazed:

awesome.

:bow:

i'm a big fan of stealthy ways to store the fruits of my mycological labor. keeping massive amounts of mushrooms around the house isn't my style, so i'm trying to come up with more things to do with them!

well, here's a recipe for magic chocolate-kaluha-mint truffles for anyone wanting to try something fun with their dried mushrooms. truffles are just about the easiest chocolate treat you can make, especially by this method (no need for a double boiler here).

you can change the flavorings any way you like - substitute mint or kaluha with any sort of extracts, booze, nuts, etc you prefer. i just happen to like kaluha and mint. :)

Edited by mydarling, 10 August 2010 - 07:55 PM.
shortened quote

#59 MonBongk

MonBongk

Pans Lover

• Free Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:53 AM

i concur, bosshog. there is definitely NO loss of potency - if anything, it increases (synergistic effects with the alkaloids in the chocolate, i presume).

btw thanks everyone for the comments :eusa_clap hope you guys try it and post some pics!

Great Tek MyDarling, thanks for sharing! :bow::headbang:

BTW, is good to know about no loss of potency, I was a bit scared of it ... after 1 year ... are they still stronger ? :greenboun:dance:

I've made some chocolates yesterday and I hope to try it sooner! :amazed:

#60 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:03 PM

I wish i liked chocolate. :(

This seems so easy and fun, but i don't like the taste of it.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!