• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 pippielongstalking

pippielongstalking

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

i have a pf cake thats been in the terranium([email protected]) for about 6 days the walls always have condensation on them which is a good thing i believe before i put in i dunked cake for 12 hrs then double cased after a few days it started notting up and i thought i was on my way to fruiting but now my cake has stalled out and is beginning to turn blue what do i do?

#2 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:41 PM

Sounds like the cake is bruised.Its natural an most have seen a blue cake.It will be fine.Pay attention an make sure the blue isnt green though.

#3 pippielongstalking

pippielongstalking

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:46 PM

its definately blue but shouldnt i be pinning by now or am i just freaking out here?

#4 D3M0NX

D3M0NX

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

my cake did the same started pinning then stalled i gave it a dunk got alot of brusing, but now 5 days later is has ALOT of pins on it i count 25 and i quit counting, i think the longer it takes the better

#5 pippielongstalking

pippielongstalking

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

ok kool so my best advice would be to just keep patient and keep a eye on things and if it isnt pinning in a few more days then get back on here and well take it from there?

#6 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

ok kool so my best advice would be to just keep patient and keep a eye on things and if it isnt pinning in a few more days then get back on here and well take it from there?

Most cakes will atleast give ya 3 flushes.Keep your humidity high and give them a fanning once a day an they should start pinning for ya soon.

#7 pippielongstalking

pippielongstalking

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

ok thanks for the input and helping me calm down anything you grow becomes like a loved one so i guess what im saying is excuse me if i seem a little panicky i guess im a little overprotective of my children lol

#8 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:19 PM

Bluing can also be a sign that it's drying out, especially since it's been several days since you dunked it. Try dribbling a little sterile water onto the vermiculite on top of the cake. Also, for pinning CO2 levels need to be higher, so don't fan toooo much until you actually have pins.
  • Theodore Blass and shoomer like this

#9 D3M0NX

D3M0NX

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:15 PM

Tasty that is something i did not realize on maybe why it takes me so long to get pins, i fan 3 times a day not enough C02, thank you for informing me :D

#10 pippielongstalking

pippielongstalking

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

yep ive been fanning 3 times a day

#11 jackpotmonkey

jackpotmonkey

Mushroom Geek

• Expired Member
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:17 AM

If you dont see Hyphal knotts or primordia (first 2 stages of pin formation) in the next couple days i would highly suggest a dunk, the most likey cause of your blueing as noted above is probably due to moisture loss, unless you have handled your cakes in the terarium recently which could cause bruising. Now fair warning becuase you are dunking in the fridge (unless the situation does not permit) the cakes will usually be bruised all over from the cold, atleast that is what happened to SWIM when he was still doing PF tek Cakes so dont be alarmed by it.
After a 12/24h dunk (make sure you have them weighted down with something cause they will float on top of the water and not absorb much if you dont) back to the FC they go and with the added moisture you should see some action soon.

#12 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:27 PM

Fanning once per day is fine while waiting for pinning. You don't want to not fan at all, because then you could get cobweb mold.

Good luck!

#13 pippielongstalking

pippielongstalking

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:56 PM

quick update i cut the fanning down to once a day now its starting to grow schrooms theyre still tiny but at least theyre growing thanks guys

#14 mostlyeager

mostlyeager

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:36 AM

Misting can also cause a dark blueing,its done this twice on me,its no problem all is ok except blueing,continue on!

#15 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,811 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:49 AM

Now that's a bump if I've ever seen one!

#16 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,395 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

Like a stone tablet from a cave somewhere...................... hahahahaha Bump? hahahaha This is a WHOMP!  :biggrin:

Even the ancient writings here are of great value as we see regularly. 

A

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!