Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Panaeolus (Copelandia) cambodginiensis:Thailand,Suphanburi. "Goliaths".

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

This was my first attempt at a Panaeolus species.I got the print from a member here on a trade.Thank You very much,You know who you are.
I pretty much used Waylit's Pan Tek with a few exceptions and a few substitutions.
I did one 500ml wide mouth jar,and I used 5 of the Ball,8-ounce plastic freezer jam jars,I drilled one small hole in the center of there lids,and placed a piece of breathable tape over the small hole.
The recipe I used was as follows:
Fresh Cow Manure I collected this fall during my semilanceata hunts.The manure was leached,dried,shredded and bagged.
5 cups of finely shredded cow manure was allowed to soak over night in a mix of water and hydrated lime,apx 1 tsp of lime.There was no need to add bleach because the manure had previously been leached.
The following day the manure was rinsed,brought to field capacity,placed in a large bowl and mixed well with some hydrated lime,just a sprinkle.
5 cups of vermiculite was added to a separate bowl and brought to field capacity.
1 cup of Organic Brown Rice Flour was added to the vermiculite and mixed well.
The two bowls were combined and mixed well.
The 8-ounce jars were loaded with the mix,tampered down lightly to apx 1/4in from the bottom of the lid and a dry vermiculite layer was added to each jar.The jars lids were covered with foil and pressure cooked for one hour at 15 psi.This was the same for the 500ml jar.
Once the jars were cool,they were inoculated with a spore syringe.The lids of the 8 ounce jars were removed in a glove box,and the jars inoculated with apx 1cc of spore solution each at four points in the jar.Just had to slide the needle down the sides,past the dry vermiculite barrier and make sure the water made it to the bottom.Lids were placed back on and jars were placed into incubator.The large jar took right off and colonized before the smaller 8 ounce jars did.I blame this on the small holes I used in the lids.Those lids will be modified to have larger holes next round.
I used the 500ml jar and one of the 8 ounce jars to do the two tray's.The other 5 jars were left to sit an extra week in the incubator.The colonized manure mix from the 500ml jar and the 8 ounce jar were placed in a zip-lock bag and broken up,they break apart very easily.And I was greeted with a new smell,one that fills the room still,I like this smell a lot more then the cubensis smell when you open the jar,and it lingers more too.Both of the tray's bottoms are lined with a thin layer of moist perlite,just enough to cover the surface.Then I placed the colonized manure into the tray's,lightly tampered and placed the casing layer as thin as possible,1/4inch max.The casing used was 50/50 cactus/vermiculite, again with just a sprinkle of hydrated lime.The casing mix was pressure cooked for 60 min @ 15psi and allowed to cool.Once cased the tray's were covered with press n seal,lots of holes poked in it,and placed them back into the incubator for an uninterrupted 48 hours.
After this time the tray's were placed into the fruiting chamber.I used an aquarium.The aquarium was lined with perlite which had a bubble wand under it.The light was set to 8/16.The light kept it warm in the day,between 75-80.At night I would just place a jar of hot water in there.I started with a heat bomb but only had an old heater and it just wasn't heating up,Time for a new one I guess.And may be time to get a nice heat mat.A cool mist humidifier was set to go off for 2 min every hour while I was away,and a fan was set to go off for 1 minute every half hour.
Once the trays were placed in the fruiting chamber they really took off.No more than two day's in there and the casing's were colonized,On the third day before I went to sleep there was no signs of pins what so ever,but I knew it couldn't be long before I was seeing sign's at least.And sure enough the very next morning,there they were,pins.Much more then I was expecting with such small tray's and such a thin substrate layer.Not a bad first flush for a first try,I am happy with it.
The first set of of pic's are the jar almost colonized,and the first 48 hours in the fruiting chamber.

Attached Thumbnails

• night before pinning.JPG
  • pan goliath day 2 (10).JPG
  • pan goliath day 2.JPG
  • pan goliath day 2 (2).JPG
  • pan goliath day 2 (4).JPG
  • Pan Cyan Cow Poo Verm5.jpg
  • day1pan (4).JPG
  • day1pan.JPG
  • day1 pan (4).JPG
  • Pan Goliath Cow Poo Verm2.jpg

Edited by Dr.Hallucination., 17 October 2009 - 06:57 PM.

• pvacant likes this

#2 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:30 PM

The Night Before Pin's.And the next Morning.

Attached Thumbnails

• pan pins3.jpg
  • pan pins5.jpg
  • pan goliath pins4.jpg
  • pan pins2.jpg
  • pan pins4.jpg
  • pan goliath pins2.jpg
  • pan goliath pins3.jpg
  • night before pinning.JPG
  • night before pinning (2).JPG

#3 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

They grew really fast,this morning when I woke they were still just pin's,very small,8 hours later they were quite a bit larger,and are still going,Little buggers are on speed.

Attached Thumbnails

• goliath10.jpg
  • goliath9.jpg
  • goliath8.jpg
  • goliath14.jpg
  • goliath11.jpg
  • goliath6.jpg
  • goliath7.jpg
  • goliath5.jpg
  • goliath12.jpg
  • goliath13.jpg

#4 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

Some pic's from a few hours later.

Attached Thumbnails

• cambodgeniensis25.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis27.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis26.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis28.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis6.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis7.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis8.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis9.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis10.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis12.jpg

#5 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:24 PM

A few more.Probably gonna be a little camera happy for the next few day's.

Attached Thumbnails

• cambodgeniensis16.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis20.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis19.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis21.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis24.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis23.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis22.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis29.jpg

#6 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

A few more.

Attached Thumbnails

• cambodgeniensis2.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis11.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis13.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis4.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis5.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis15.jpg
  • cambodgeniensis14.jpg

#7 duaut

duaut

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

Panaeolus cambodgeniensis Goliaths ?

Is that what you are calling them?
The only pans named Goliaths are the Panaeolus (Copelandia) cyanescens : Thailand, Suphanburi Goliaths sold by Sporeworks and are the original trade name owned by Sporeworks

#8 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:18 PM

Yeah man you mean either Panaeolus (Copelandia) cyanescens : Thailand, Suphanburi Goliath like duaut said or Panaeolus cambodgeniensis and I am guessing that is what you have is Panaeolus cambodgeniensis, as those look nothing like goliaths

#9 duaut

duaut

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

excellent work for sure. surprisingly fast.

#10 mycophone

mycophone

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:25 AM

Nice!

#11 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:28 AM

:bow::eusa_clap:headbang::amazed::loveeyes::heart: Bravo! those are some beautiful mushrooms.

Just made my eyes pop out of my head.:loveeyes:

#12 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:09 AM

Panaeolus cambodgeniensis Goliaths ?

Is that what you are calling them?
The only pans named Goliaths are the Panaeolus (Copelandia) cyanescens : Thailand, Suphanburi Goliaths sold by Sporeworks and are the original trade name owned by Sporeworks

Thank You everyone,No duat that's not what I am calling them,I am aware they are copelandia,thank you though.That is just how I wrote the title in.I know they are Panaeolus (Copelandia) cambodgeniensis - "Goliath strain" same as in this post by psilence, http://mycotopia.net...ath-strain.html the bag I recieved the prints in was very small,and hard to make the writing out but I gatherd thats what they were.

#13 myceliummatt

myceliummatt

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:31 AM

Nice work on the Pans Dr H! They look beautiful. The writing on the print was pan cyan "Goliath". I hope some one can step in and clear up the name confusion. I too gathered from that thread that the correct term for these is Pan Cambogeniensis Goliath although the original print that I grew out to obtain your print was labeled Panaeolus Cayanescens "Goliath".
Non the less they look awesome, great job!

M.

#14 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

Nice work on the Pans Dr H! They look beautiful. The writing on the print was pan cyan "Goliath". I hope some one can step in and clear up the name confusion. I too gathered from that thread that the correct term for these is Pan Cambogeniensis Goliath although the original print that I grew out to obtain your print was labeled Panaeolus Cayanescens "Goliath".
Non the less they look awesome, great job!

M.

Thank You Very Much Myceliummatt.This name screw up thing I did runt my entire day,I could not get it out of my head at work and even left early to come home and try and get this figured out,My apologies on the name mix up...Am now quite confused,So,Are these Panaeolus (Copelandia) cyanescens : Thailand, Suphanburi Goliath.Or are they,Panaeolus (Copelandia) cambodgeniensis - "Goliath strain"The bag that I recieved them in has been washed with alcohol long ago,myceliummatt said that the print said pan cyan goliath,Irishlion thinks they are Panaeolus cambodgeniensis as they look nothing like Goliath's,I am kinda lost here,any help on this would be greatly apprecited.

#15 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

Well I am still not sure what to make of this,cyanescens,cambodgeniensis.I know for sure I read Pan and Goliath,my eyes must be a lot worse than I thought.Oh well,gonna post the rest of these pic's any way.

Attached Thumbnails

• pan14.jpg
  • pan13.jpg
  • pan16.jpg
  • pan17.jpg
  • pan19.jpg
  • pan18.jpg
  • pan20.jpg
  • pan22.jpg
  • pan21.jpg
  • pan23.jpg

#16 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:35 PM

A few more.

Attached Thumbnails

• pan3.jpg
  • pan4.jpg
  • pan6.jpg
  • pan5.jpg
  • pan12.jpg
  • pan11.jpg
  • pan10.jpg
  • pan9.jpg
  • pan8.jpg
  • pan7.jpg

#17 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

A couple stragglers.

Attached Thumbnails

• pan.jpg
  • pan2.jpg

• buteo likes this

#18 datsun

datsun

Vroom

• OG VIP
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:03 PM

This is a beautiful flush!

:kewl:

#19 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

Well those were fruiting,I used the remaining jars that I left in the incubator and made another tray and a large mug.I placed them both in the incubator for an uninterrupted 48 hours after casing them,same as last time,but these casings are far more colonized than the last two were.Placed them both in the fruiting chamber this evening.I also picked the mushrooms from the first two trays,and got those back in the aquarium and well see if I get a 2nd flush out of those.

Attached Thumbnails

• pan smile2.jpg
  • pan smile3.jpg
  • Pan 2nd tray 1st day after 48 hr incubate.jpg
  • Pan 2nd tray 1st day after 48 hr incubate2.jpg

#20 duaut

duaut

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

Those are for sure Panaeolus (Copelandia) cyanescens : Thailand, Suphanburi Goliaths

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!