Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Panaeolus (Copelandia) cambodginiensis:Thailand,Suphanburi. "Goliaths".

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#41 buteo

buteo

Imbicilzzzz

• OG VIP
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

wow nice! howd this thread slip by me for so long... nice job Dr!

#42 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

Sorry spacecake not trying to confuse you/anyone,maybe I am confused too?which is probably the case...The problem I am having is that I am now completely setup for cubensis.I was going to just use a heating pad under an aquarium for these pans,but due to fire hazards I am not going that route LOL.The temperatures inside the green house setup I have going now are between 75-78.So correct me if I am wrong,but cyanescens prefer it a bit warmer than the current temps in there do they not?So my dilemma is how to get a spot warm enough for the Pans with my very limited space.Well my plan was to make a small open topped TIT style fruiting chamber to help keep things warm,and just placing this small tub into the green house''the only space I have''I would put a aquarium heater in one small tray and just place a tub full of my spawn mix into this water.or do you think that they would pin and fruit just fine at those temps?Remember this is only me second go around with pans so my confidence level just may not be there and I may be looking way to deeply into things as usual LOL.And it never helps trying to explain yourself on a head half full of mush on a Saturday night.:greenboun

#43 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

No need to get al excited about the temps...
75-78 F /24 oC will work...
I think humidity and fresh air is more important.
They like them both as high as possible...
But because the humidity rises with higher temps,..lower temps can sometimes be a problem without a humidifier.

#44 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

Ok great,Thank You spacecake that's good to know.So a tray should go just fine in the green house then cool.I may just have to raise the humidity in there a bit but that's no problem.I was under the impression that 80 plus was needed but I guess not,again good to know.

Edited by Dr.Hallucination., 24 April 2009 - 05:17 PM.

#45 pvacant

pvacant

a DeAd BoY

• Expired Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

Dr.Hallucination: "Remember this is only me second go around with pans so my confidence level just may not be there and I may be looking way to deeply into things as usual LOL."

Id say you have NOTHING to feel intimidated about, go back up the page and look at your success, god those are absolutely perfect Doc. I wish i could pull that off. Best of luck on the next grow, not that you need it though IMHO.

#46 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:14 PM

Well I did the happy face cup and a tray with the spawn I had.I don't know what I may have done wrong but I am not getting a very impressive flush on either,in fact I am extremely disappointed.The cup has 3 mushrooms forming and the tray has like 8.I don't know if I didn't let it recover long enough before I put it in the FC or if may be too dry I just don't know.I am going to let it go another week and if it doesn't give me more pins I may give it a dunk and incubate that beast again for a few day's?I dunno does any one have any suggestions?It is fruiting in a green house,ultrasonic on a timer keeps it at 90% humidity and the temps are 78-80.There is a small pc fan on the side of the green house providing a constant fresh air supply,plus I open it a few times a day and air the whole thing out.

#47 Renz

Renz

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

this is awesome, I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread!
nice work! :eusa_clap

#48 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

#49 Mushrooms201

Mushrooms201

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

Sorry no idea whats going wrong but I always start with a check list.

Humidity
Temp
pH
Nutrients Macro
Nutrients Micro
Then swear at it.:horse:

#50 Renz

Renz

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:55 PM

Sorry no idea whats going wrong but I always start with a check list.

Humidity
Temp
pH
Nutrients Macro
Nutrients Micro
Then swear at it.:horse:

nice me too...how many times are you fanning?

#51 mr. pink

mr. pink

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

Those are some of the best result Ive ever seen with pans. It gives me a new hope.:eusa_clap
  • Renz likes this

#52 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:04 PM

Well I did the happy face cup and a tray with the spawn I had.I don't know what I may have done wrong but I am not getting a very impressive flush on either,in fact I am extremely disappointed.The cup has 3 mushrooms forming and the tray has like 8.I don't know if I didn't let it recover long enough before I put it in the FC or if may be too dry I just don't know.I am going to let it go another week and if it doesn't give me more pins I may give it a dunk and incubate that beast again for a few day's?I dunno does any one have any suggestions?It is fruiting in a green house,ultrasonic on a timer keeps it at 90% humidity and the temps are 78-80.There is a small pc fan on the side of the green house providing a constant fresh air supply,plus I open it a few times a day and air the whole thing out.

#53 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:38 AM

Don't you have any pictures..?
Maybe it helps a little in figuring out what's wrong,if there is indeed something wrong....

How old was the spawn exactly ?

#54 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:15 AM

The spawn was used once it was fully colonized,I am not sure of the exact age but not very old,as soon as it was ready it was crushed,cased and placed in the incubator until I noticed the casing starting to colonize,then into the FC it went.It has been a little over a week now in the FC and not too much is happening.The only thing's I can think of is that the tray was not fully recovered,or it is a bit dry,or a combination there of,but I really dont know?Here are a a few pics spacecake,Thank You.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01626.JPG
  • DSC01617.JPG
  • DSC01618.JPG
  • DSC01622.JPG
  • DSC01623.JPG
  • DSC01625.JPG
  • DSC01611.JPG
  • DSC01612.JPG
  • DSC01614.JPG

#55 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:19 AM

I just ran through this thread for the first time as I am planning on a Pan Cyan run using good ole waylit's tek and man oh man...

I love this pic!

http://mycotopia.net...iaths-pan13.jpg

The mushroom image on of the cap of the mushroom is sweet!!

Thanks for sharing!

#56 pvacant

pvacant

a DeAd BoY

• Expired Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

i may be wrong, but it looks to me from those pics that it went into the FC too early. perhaps letting the casing layer colonise a bit more, almost to overrunning, unlike cubies. can't remember where i got that info but i'm sure it's somewhere on topia. i'll look for it.

#57 pvacant

pvacant

a DeAd BoY

• Expired Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:08 PM

Quote:

"I know the casing mix I use has nutes in it, mostly from the wormcastings,
and cottonseed meal. Overlay is not a problem with Pans, so encouraging the
Mycelium to colonize the casing layer has been helpful in my experience."

WaylitJim

from thread:
http://mycotopia.net...n-cyan-tek.html post #27

#58 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:23 PM

i may be wrong, but it looks to me from those pics that it went into the FC too early. perhaps letting the casing layer colonise a bit more, almost to overrunning, unlike cubies. can't remember where i got that info but i'm sure it's somewhere on topia. i'll look for it.

I am aware that allowing the casing to somewhat colonize is a good thing pvacant but thank you.I agree though that yes it may have went in a bit too early like I said,that or maybe its a bit too dry?.

Edited by Dr.Hallucination., 12 May 2009 - 09:29 PM.

#59 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

I guess the question is what should I do with it now?Dunk it for a bit?just place back in incubator?let it go?throw it in the garbage? lol.

Edited by Dr.Hallucination., 26 April 2009 - 11:12 PM.

#60 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

I gues you can try and dunk it for a period of -+8 hours and then just put it back in the Terrarium.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!