• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:59 PM

Its been a few weeks since I've posted. Life has been crazy and i haven't been able to get to the site or tend to the hobby much. i even owe a few people some stuff still so if your reading this i haven't forgotten and will have it handled soon. sorry...

So, I started most this spawn back in december sometime, dates have been improperly recorded and lost so im not sure. I even lost a few of the bags labels after sealing errors removed them. lesson learned. label the bottom of the bag. anyhow. im only positve on one of these identities and somewhat sure on the others.

The first pic is a BRF invitro mycobag. i had made a few bags but this is the only one that worked fine for me. i just scooped in prepared mix til it was about 4-5inches tall and thick and PC'd. I innoculated with a multispore syringe of cambo cubes i had laying around. it took a while to colonize and i kneaded the bag a few times to help it along. 2nd pic is the harvest of that one bag since its hard to see how much is actually in there.

the rest of the pics are all mycobags full of coir that was spawned with popcorn. the ones labelled aus i am positive were aus, the label survived. the other ones look the same but could possibly be cambo as well for all i know. so its labelled unk. then there is the total harvest of those two bags combined.

I left about 10 medium sized shrooms that looked like they would get large on one of the coir cakes, and at this moment just under 900 grams has been harvested. i expect 1 kilo wet with the remaining fruits. From 3 mycobags. i am proud of my makeshift neglect results.

i am dunking the colonized bricks in the bags and then putting them in a FC, uncrumbled, so kinda like brf cakes would be in a perlite FC. see how that goes. after that flush i may crumble and case, or re-rez. or leave as bricks if the results remain satisfactory. I have some WBS spawn that i will be running similar procedures with as its so simple and easy to keep clean and even stealthy even though thats not much of a concern to me.

Attached Thumbnails

• unk.JPG
  • coirharvest.JPG
  • aus brick2.JPG
  • aus brick.JPG
  • 600grwet.JPG
  • brick top.JPG
  • 250gmwet.JPG

#2 tex

tex

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:09 AM

Hell yea!! Looks nice, neglect teks are the way to go :eusa_clap

#3 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

harvested the last of the fruits i left behind. grand total of all fresh weight was over 1000g.

about 1/2 of the top tray and 1/4 of the bottom tray in the dehydrator was nice n crispy by this morning. i estimate i less than 1/3 of the total harvest was dry, and weighed 35 grams. im hoping to stick at least 100g dry. it would be nice to hit the 4oz mark!

#4 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:27 AM

My entire harvest miss my 100g goal by grams. things came out to about 98 if i include the 3 or 4 stragglers that aren't done drying under thee cap.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2210.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!