• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 weeeeeee

weeeeeee

humanoid

• Expired Member
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

hrmmmmmm probably some of the best advice i have gotten in a while though it was indirect doing agar work in a glovebox = not fun

and that is a badass flush from multispore especiallly for tex what was the sub if you dont mind my asking

no agar multispore.

i never do agar. only 9ertek cloning. get similar results if not better and don't have to be so meticulous about the work like agar. and only semi sterile conditions.

#22 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

hrmmmmmm probably some of the best advice i have gotten in a while though it was indirect doing agar work in a glovebox = not fun

and that is a badass flush from multispore especiallly for tex what was the sub if you dont mind my asking

1:1:1:1 ratios of strawnet/coir/verm/hpoo

kind of my new standard ratio for substrates now. all by eye though.

#23 weeeeeee

weeeeeee

humanoid

• Expired Member
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

all by eye though.

always by eye thats what i love about bulk
thats sweet that your using that strawnet in the mix do you like it better than straw? been thinking of giving it a whirl

#24 Aqua Velva

Aqua Velva

One Day At a Time

• Expired Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:14 AM

Great genetics with Eat's Texas. Here was a grow from a nearly year old clone from the same gene pool:

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1234501984

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1234501984

Attached Thumbnails

• Texas Clone (1).jpg
  • Texas Clone (3).jpg
  • Texas Clone (12).jpg
  • Texas Clone.jpg
  • Texas Clone (16).jpg

• Ben Dover likes this

#25 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:59 AM

damn those look great. yeah i can tell thats that clone. they have that meaty base to them. this is from ms but blah not so great lol...:eusa_clap

#26 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:03 AM

here is that old thread. this yellow cap substrain seems to get some rather large fruits on average and definitely has a lighter color to it. the only prints i took are lost somewhere in raffles lol.. you will be a lucky one if you get a print of these. i can't seem to find where i placed the print. next time need to label better lol..

http://mycotopia.net...donkey-doo.html

#27 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

yum yum gimme some~

#28 davedc

davedc

Market Restricted

• Expired Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

Nice tub They look great

#29 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:01 PM

Eats was the one that brought tex strain to the omc. That ends todays history lesson.

#30 GumbiMatrix

GumbiMatrix

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:08 AM

Sweet ass flush bro, those texans are very pleasing to the eye, nice photography too.
I just spawned some texas, and I was wondering about the water content of these, and the wet to dry weight ratio.. any difference really over the average cube? Thanks.
Peace.

#31 Mermaidia

Mermaidia

Sober Sister

• Expired Member
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:14 AM

as always, very impressive eats. Tex are so cute. :D

#32 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

finally found some good tex genetics.

multispore. tex as usual full canopy looking to be.

supercake formula in the subs.
1:1:1 ratio of strawnet/hpoo/coir

2.5-3" sub depth. coming along nicely. real fluffy white mycelia. gonna take some good clone material off this soon

Posted Image

#33 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:55 PM

sadly this flush mostly aborted. but some good genetics. large fruits yellow caps. gonna be some good clone material. made a clone today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,740 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

You clone straight to an lc, right? I think I recall you saying you never use agar.

#35 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

You clone straight to an lc, right? I think I recall you saying you never use agar.

cut inner stem near base. blend into 9er tek jar. suck up into syringes. i simply lift the metal lid that has the blade assembly. slide the syringe next to it not touching anything but the water. suck it up. then simply place the lid right back on how it was nicely sitting snug on the jar.

then inject pf jars or wbs quart jars. right as i take the clone. can't beat that speed. if i want to store it, ill put it into vacutainers using syringes.

i was looking for 3 things here.

1) tall all hitting the lid
2) yellow caps
3) prolific pinning

this is perfect. even though they all aborted. this clone should clean that up almost instantly. all fruits were large. no small guys here. hopefully get a good run going soon.

Posted Image

i have a feeling 2nd flush is going to explode and makeup for all the aborts.

#36 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

so up above. the first flush posted on this thread. it contaminated in one spot.

this flush was in a bigger 64 quart tub. however, it contamed.

contam was isolated and about 3/4th of sub left. it was placed into a 44 quart tub.

two pieces are fruiting directly off the surface. the other piece didn't fit and is stacked on its side. its hard to see in the picture. but if you look at the close up. you can see new primordia forming a little slower than the maturing pins on the substrate surface. this was done intentionally to maximize the fruiting. tex fruits really well like this with multiple sides of cakes and all kinds of subs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 TrickyNicky

TrickyNicky

Areoponic Chronic

• Expired Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:52 AM

what up eatyu
very nice indeed

#38 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:07 PM

here is an update on this experiment. you can see one side of the lump sticking up fruiting at the same timing as the rest of the flush. the bottom and side of that cake is still pinning. it should be a day or two behind the top flush.

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• texex3.jpg
  • texex4.jpg
  • texex2.jpg

#39 ruderalis

ruderalis

Genetic Anomaly

• Expired Member
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:22 PM

I was born in TX and just moved to NC a couple months ago. Second strain ever grown was from a wild spore print I took about 20 miles south of Houston. Super high humidity, great temps(a little high during summer), and a wonderful breeze from the gulf. Wonderful conditions. I sure do miss the lone star state. And her goodies:bow:

#40 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

I was born in TX and just moved to NC a couple months ago. Second strain ever grown was from a wild spore print I took about 20 miles south of Houston. Super high humidity, great temps(a little high during summer), and a wonderful breeze from the gulf. Wonderful conditions. I sure do miss the lone star state. And her goodies:bow:

me too. this tex came from north of nueces county. been to the lonestar brewery?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!