• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:57 PM

Are there any Ayahuasca drinkers still around? I am dismayed at how infrequently it is mentioned in this forum. The place seems to be overrun with cactus, salvia and weed fans. Anyone else keeping the Aya flame alive here?

#2 polly ester

polly ester

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:20 PM

i love aya, but it's a bitch to get it to work. i mean, you spend all day cutting up the shit, boiling the shit, straining the shit, boiling down the shit and then you could still get a dud. disapointing:(
the best trips i have had have been on aya, and when i made it out of chacruna and caapii it tasted like slightly bitter tea.
but pot and shrooms work every time.

#3 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:37 PM

I understand your frustrations, Polly ester, it has happened to me many a time. The brewing problems, possible dangers, bad taste and nausea all conspire to put people off. I recommend all beginners use rue and mimosa because they are cheaper and easier to make. If you get a dud it isnt so bad.
Try going back to rue and mimosa for a while, then vine and mimosa. There is loads of valuable experiences and learning to be had with those combos. I don't care that they aren't traditional. Rue and mimosa are very valuable plants in their own right and shouldn't be seen as second-class ingredients. I started with vine and leaves yet learned plenty from rue and mimosa later on which in turn helped me with brewing vine and leaves.
Hopefully sucess with them may give you back some confidence and lead you back to vine and leaves, or maybe you will be happy enough with the analogues. Good luck, bro!

#4 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:02 PM

Phalanx, how about a recipe? If you know a good tek for rue and mhrb please feel free to post it. Do you feel that rue and mhrb have the same healing attributes as the vine and leaf?

#5 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:19 PM

Rue and mimosa can be very healing and therapeutic, in my experience. Vine gives and extra kick to the visuals but rue can be quite profound in its own way.
Ultra simple and reliable recipie for beginners:
1. Grind rue in coffee grinder
2. hammer some mimosa to soften it, break it up by hand, grind like above.
3. Sieve mimosa through a fine sieve (wire coffee filter is ideal)
4. Mix rue powder with some water, drink the lot
5. Mix mimosa powder with water, drink the lot
rue dose: 1.5-2g , mimosa 8-10g (pre-sieve weight). Drink slowly to lessen chance of puking.

#6 marsofold

marsofold

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 348 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:51 PM

I've never done ayahuasca, but from what I've read the way to do it with the least nausea is to use 140mg harmaline freebase (extracted from rue or caapi) mixed with 70mg DMT freebase. The phosphate salt is supposedly the least nausating, so the above dual mixture may be mixed into phosphoric acid (Coca-cola) and drank. MJB sells pre-extracted harmaline freebase for $10/gram. The DMT can be made at home...

#7 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:57 PM

there are legal ramifications that prevent many from making such extractions.
i myself still prefer the caapi vine and viridis leaves,
but i often toss in a bit of rue just be be sure i get enough
MAOI activity, and often some chaliponga [Diplopterys cabrerana] too
again i like to use multiple kinds/sources in case any one ingredient is weak.

#8 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:13 PM

The maoi restraints and time restraints are hard to fit into my schedule. I'd love to kick up a good brew but I've got to order the stuff, find time to brew it and then finally find time to fast and drink it. Heh. Maybe enough posts like this though and you'll inspire me.

#9 marsofold

marsofold

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 348 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:47 PM

Hippie3, how much Viridis leaf weight do you typically use for a single dose of ayahuasca if you don't put any chaliponga in it?

#10 AlienTouch

AlienTouch

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:58 PM

:love: Mosly done aya from Rue and Mimosa extracxt in capsules. Next intent is from capi n virdis.

Oh man, the vomiting.

#11 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:42 AM

Hippie3, how much Viridis leaf weight do you typically use for a single dose of ayahuasca if you don't put any chaliponga in it?

at least 30 g of viridis leaves in one dose
but i never brew a one-dose batch,
minimum of 2 'doses' at a time brewed,
again to offset possibility of low strength ingredients
that way if one is weak i can double dose

#12 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 12:33 PM

In my experience, the best way to minimise nausea is to get the maoi dose right first. It is very easy to take too much rue which will cause serious puking. Second is to drink the stuff very slowly rather than gulp it down.

Beginners might be better starting with 5-6 g mimosa. It is hard stuff to get used to. Learning to drink it without hurling takes practise. Then there may be some trouble getting the trip to kick in, and dealing with transient nausea and puking later in the trip. Also panic and dehydration, and preparing your self and environment for tripping. All these basics have to be learned before you can work with aya properly. Trips will be highly variable until then.

Its like growing shrooms. You need practice and experience before you get consistent results. Luckily the results are well worth all the trouble. Unfortunately you won't realise that until you get your first proper trip. You have to trust the people like me who recommend it that it is the best stuff ever.

#13 skullfarmer

skullfarmer

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:56 PM

i love aya, but it's a bitch to get it to work. i mean, you spend all day cutting up the shit, boiling the shit, straining the shit, boiling down the shit and then you could still get a dud. disapointing:(

not to mention fasting for a day or 2 and gettin a dud!!!!!

#14 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:08 PM

There is no need to fast for any more than a few hours before dosing. It is best to eat only light food earlier in the day that is quickly digested. Then the stomach is fairly empty when dosing.

#15 AlienTouch

AlienTouch

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:30 PM

well said Phalanx

#16 polly ester

polly ester

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:48 AM

i also made aya some time back, i boiled 20g's mimosa 70g's caapi and 30g's chacruna, i boiled it, drained x3 then let it decant in the fridge, next day i poured some warm clear, flavorless jello into the jar. i then drank the mixture.
it didnt' taste bad at all. like tea and cream. no nausea, no vomiting, no trip.
:(

oh well, ONWARD MEN!!

#17 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:29 AM

In my experience, vine sediment is VERY potent and discarding it is a SERIOUS mistake. I bet if you had consumed the sediment with the liquid, you would have had your ass blown off.

I used the gelatine method once and it worked brilliantly. High potency and fairly easy to drink. But I only added it to the hot jurema brew at the start of reduction.

Get rue and mimosa working properly first. Preparing a potent dose is only the first step of several in getting a strong trip.

#18 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:11 AM

There is no need to fast for any more than a few hours before dosing...

yep.
i like to dose in the AM,
before breaking fast.
but really
fasting is not required at all,
just observe a few minor diet restrictions
for a few hours after splash-down
and you're good.

#19 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:10 PM

Drinkers who are here (Ayahuasca Club @ Mycotopia Botanicals forum):

Me
Hippie3
Poly ester
Alien Touch

Drinkers who used to be here (or maybe still are):

Redmonk
Carpo4
Tehutiroo
Llama

There may be a few others but its still not many.:eusa_booh

#20 skullfarmer

skullfarmer

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:58 PM

There is no need to fast for any more than a few hours before dosing. It is best to eat only light food earlier in the day that is quickly digested. Then the stomach is fairly empty when dosing.

i'm talking about fasting from the meth.hehehe
(skullfarmer goes in search of light bulb)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!