• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 elixir

elixir

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:09 AM

I've desired to experience it for awhile now but don't have the finances to explore it. I definitely will try it when I get the chance though. I need to find some good forests though. Hell if I'm gonna journey in an urban enviroment (damn sirens!).

#22 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 03:00 PM

i'm talking about fasting from the meth.hehehe
(skullfarmer goes in search of light bulb)

Ayahuasca could easily help you to get away from that terrible stuff before it ruins you.

#23 grimblegrumble

grimblegrumble

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 03:44 PM

I have not partaken of Aya in some time.
I have some nice plants going though, for the future.

Ayahuasca could easily help you to get away from that terrible stuff before it ruins you.

How very true phalanx, how very true.

A couple of years ago Aya helped to show me how terrible my diet/lifestyle was, and how poorly I've treated my body in the past.
I have since lost about 50lbs. am fit, trim and eat mostly organic/all natural.
I am a much happier person now.
I am not saying that Aya will help you lose wieght, but that it helped me, No, told me, that the best thing I could do for myself was to change my diet/lifestyle and start taking care of myself.
I listened.

#24 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:10 PM

Ayahuasca also told me to make some dietary changes which resulted in me gradually losing 15lbs without excercise, and to stop drinking tap water in any form. I use a water distilling machine now and can see the crud in the bottom of it that I used to be drinking. Ugh!

Welcome to the Ayahuasca Club, Grimblegrumble! Glad to hear Ayahuasca has worked so well for you. Which plants are you growing? I would like to grow some but I think my climate is too cold.

Another drinker I forgot to mention is DukeX. I don't know where he is now.

#25 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:59 AM

dunno what's up with duke,
he hasn't turned up since halloween

#26 skullfarmer

skullfarmer

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:54 PM

im kind of playin,although the bitch(crystal) has been hanging round my place lately.im not hooked,i just like moving faster than usual sometimes.zoomzoomzoom

#27 Redmonk

Redmonk

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:39 PM

Hey Phalanx , Hippie , Grimble , everyone ! I haven't been over here for awhile , just lurking occasionally . I attended the Shamanism Conference in Iquitos this past summer . This provided me with my first opportunity to drink Ayahuasca in a group setting , with experienced shamans , in the jungle . This was an incredible experience ........but doing it in the comfort of your own home has it's merits also ! Once you go off the deep end , it really doesn't matter where your physical body rests.......you're in Ayahuasca's hands now . I hope you're all doing well with your brews and uncovering the healing and wisdom that you seek . :love: See you here or in hyperspace !

#28 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:15 AM

Hi Redmonk! Your journey to Iquitos sounds cool. I would like to go sometime if I have the money. I agree that you can't beat tripping at home for convenience and the sense of security. I'd be a bit nervous dosing in a jungle far from home, surrounded by strangers. I'd need some time to settle into the new environment first and get to know some fellow drinkers.

In what ways did drinking with a group in the jungle change the journey, compared to dosing at home?

#29 Redmonk

Redmonk

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:35 AM

"In what ways did drinking with a group in the jungle change the journey, compared to dosing at home?"

On the plus side , I felt more comfortable drinking strong and large doses . I felt that if I got into a tough spot , the shaman would assist me . This happened the first night I drank in Iquitos . I left the circle and walked a little ways into the jungle to vomit in private . I was soon brought to my knees and began wretching violently in the weeds . The visions were accelerating pretty rapidly , along with the nausea , as I lay curled in the fetal position . Now , my hearing is pretty bad ( Doc says I need a hearing aid in both ears ) . I was far out of earshot of the group back in the clearing . Suddenly I could hear the shaman's singing icaro very clearly in my ears . It was as if he were right next to me . I felt somewhat better and made my way back to the others .
The three differant shaman's that I drank with all sang the most beautiful icaros on and off throughout the night . This really provided a type of bridge from this physical reality out into the visionary realms . It also provided a kind of lifeline back to the mothership , so to speak . It was also good to meet and drink with many of the folks over at Ayahuasca.com , so I didn't feel I was with all complete strangers . It was alot of fun meeting and chatting with Alan Shoemaker ( who always took the time to sit down and swap amazing ayahuasca tales with everyone ) . Another positive was being able to commune with Ayahuasca in her native homeland :the Amazon jungle . The jungle comes alive at night with a cacaphony of bizarre , other-worldly sounds eminating from her depths . A very ancient , mystical place .
The down side ? I found that I didn't enjoy drinking with large groups of people . I've always journeyed alone.... utilizing dark , quiet spaces to launch off from . Some of the groups were upwards of 30 people . It seemed as though someone was always contributing some auditory intrusion into the
session : channeled messages , singing , personal revelations , etc. ( Many times these sounds woud grab my attention , reel me back in , and cause the visions to stop ) . Sometimes my visions appear as if on the surface of a still pond . An interuption acts as a ripple that erases it . Sometimes they reform , sometimes not . I think that for me , small and respectful groups of no more than a handful of people would be best .
On a comical note : At home , I brew the two components seperately and drink each one slowly , sip by sip , sucking on a lemon drop in between sips . The whole procedure of imbibing the brew takes about one hour . I guess I just assumed that in Iquitos we would all be handed our cups of brew and then drink them at our own rate . Wrong ! The first night I panicked a bit when I saw that we were to approach the shaman , one by one , drink the whole glass down , and go back to our seats in the circle . Everyone seemed to be doing it easily , no problem ! I thought "Oh shit....I'm going to expose myself as a complete novice when I gag and throw up all over the shaman !!!" . Somehow though , with all the peer pressure , I managed to hold my own .

#30 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:29 PM

I think that for me , small and respectful groups of no more than a handful of people would be best .

I would be the same. Thanks for the nice story. Its interesting that you were able to gulp down the brew and keep it down even though you prefer to drink slowly.

#31 polly ester

polly ester

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:47 PM

the only time i have ever vomited on aya was when i used mimosa.

#32 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:17 AM

i got deathly ill once,
because i was trying to follow some advice
about eating buttered toast to kick up the trip a notch-
bad mistake for me.
now i'm back to just sipping apple juice to keep my blood sugar right
but nothing else.

#33 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:25 PM

There are lots of little tricks to reduce nausea. Jurema takes practice. Heavy stuff, but that's why its so magnificent.

Errr....sorry Hippie3. Looks like one man's meat is literally another man's poison. Toast works great for me. It only boosts the trip if it has been impeded for some reason. Maybe your trips roll along fine without any help, so toast may not make any difference to intensity. Mine often stall for various reasons.

#34 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:36 PM

Is buttered toast bad with MAOI's or somethin? When you say deathly ill, what do you mean, Hip?

#35 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:21 PM

i just vomited almost immediately after eating it,
and felt like crap.
got nasty bitter bile, taste in my mouth.

#36 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:38 PM

I have puked several times after eating toast. I always wait until the brew has been full absorbed and I am feeling little or no nausea at all, before eating the toast. Then I am fine, although I may feel a little queasy afterwards.

Eating toast when feeling nauseous will just cause puking, although that in itself has made trips kick in for me. It can work great but doesnt guarantee anything. Its just a little trick that works sometimes, depending on the situation. Ayahuasca is such tricky stuff!

I regularly puke right up from my upper intestine, not just the stomach. It's no biggie. :-)

#37 neeb

neeb

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:14 AM

HELLOW fellow drinkers what i have found for the problem refering to the dud i like to cook it in a crook pot over night and i only use the vine rue is great just when i venture the iner wonder world i like the vine it might be placibo but it has more charecter or soal

what do u guys think of the difent vines i use the hawhiian strain found by terannce mckeena but they have white vine yelllow black red is there realy a diferences this is to the people that have tried it.

#38 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:15 PM

I think vine has better visuals than rue, but the alleged different effects from different types of vine is baloney IMO. Each piece of vine is unique.

#39 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:00 PM

i heard darker = older but i'm not entirely convinced it's any better
the best trips have been with white for me

#40 neeb

neeb

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:54 PM

where is the best place to get youer ayu herbs i usely bring mine back up from south america where my field work takes me once in a wile. last time i was there i stayed an extra month so i can spend more time with the natives and the stuff i tried with this tribe was was very strong the kind when you lay there and just slip in and out of it for houres, o those illusion those illusions were so great i cryed at emtion ties to the illusion was way to buttifull and way to ugley it was my iner self and i was seeing it truthfuly

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!