• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:31 PM

When buying vines, I prefer them to be big and old because they grind better than young stuff. I also prefer them to be whole (not powdered or shredded) and to have the bark still on. I don't pay much attention to the type anymore.

I have some of the young Hawaiian red stuff. It grinds poorly. I don't think I ever actually used it in a brew.

Neeb, your experience in south america sounds cool. The only source of aya herbs that can be mentioned here is the site sponsor Bouncing Bear. I never used them myself yet.

#42 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:45 AM

Oh yeah, welcome to the Ayahuasca Club, Neeb!!!!!

#43 Psychenaut

Psychenaut

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:33 AM

I'm also a religious drinker of Aya, I do it about 4 times a year. . normally on the solstice and equenox.. not for any "reason". . just a good "timming" mech. I'll do it if I feel it's in order at other times too.

I also started with Rue and still use it due to the higher harmaline consentration. . I like to mix Phalaris, mimosa and even some mushrooms now and then in the mix. When it comes to nasea, I've noticed if I do a dose that is too low and I don't puke, the physical discomfort is worse. As long as I have a nice strong dose and I puke, (normally it's an easy puke to, not one that makes you heave and heave) the trip becomes much more heady because I'm not constantly being reminded of my body being pissed off and I can go on out there in the wonderfull universe of possibility :)..

I'm actually looking for a live cutting or rooted plant of a good accappi vine, same with psychotria, I've yet to get my hands ona knowen good cutting/prerooted plant. So if anyone has such a plant they could help me out with cuttings I'd love to work out a deal. . or if they know of a good online place in the Americas where I could get Yage ^ Ayahuasca plants, I would be forever in your debt. . or atleast a week . hehehe

ps. LIve Iboga is another one I'm on the search for, I love ethnobotany so havin these to nuture and work in sybiosis with would be great!

#44 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:38 PM

Hi Psychenaut, I love the feeling of being totally cleaned out after a good puke at the right time, and free to trip without worring about puking on the floor or nausea causing stress and uggy visuals. It can greatly help relaxation and enjoyment.

#45 chem42

chem42

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:59 PM

A friend of mine has done Ayahuscha, but from his description of the experience it was pretty weak compared to what I have read on Erowid.

#46 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:13 PM

Even a weak trip can be very insightful and therapeutic.

#47 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 06:26 AM

I have 100 grams of mhrb and some san pedro, that I won in a mycotopia raffle months ago. If I remember correctly Dukex said mhrb came from you phalanx. I have yet to try it out, and maybe over the holidays I'll be able to find time to put a batch together and try it out. I'll follow the directions you posted above. If I may burden you with a couple of questions, what is rue? and where would I find it? What sort of food, drugs or whatever should a person avoid when doing aya, and for how long?
Thanks!

#48 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:07 AM

Hi RT, DukeX must have mixed me up with someone else. Syrian Rue is peganum harmala seeds which contain maoi to protect the dmt in the mimosa from being destroyed in the body. Bouncing bear should carry it.

See http://www.mentalhea...ug/p30-m04.html for advice on using reversible maois. It refers to the synthetic moclobemide. The higher the maoi dose, the more careful you should be. There is a chance you may be abnormally sensitive to intereactions so be careful in the beginning and then slowly test your boundaries. I've yet to find mine!

#49 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:02 AM

i have a shitload of rue on hand, i'll sell ya some, trips, if you want...

#50 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:10 AM

Thanks for the link and advice phalanx!

i have a shitload of rue on hand, i'll sell ya some, trips, if you want...

Very kind of you Hip.
pm'ing :)

#51 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:42 AM

:love:

#52 carpo4

carpo4

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

hey phalanx!
how's it going?
i was just passing thru'
and stumbled on your thread.
nice to see you around, man
and churning out your usual helpful advice =)
i haven't posted at mycotopia for a while
but hip's place is never far from my thoughts
and i often think about those fellow drinkers who helped me on my journey (you know who you are!).
yes, ayas light is still burning over at my gaff Posted Image
please add me to the ayahuasca club!

#53 Psychenaut

Psychenaut

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:13 AM

I decided very early in my Aya expeirneces that I would try doing just Rue and Cannabis. Oh my, some of you might be supprised but rue alone leads to very strong visuals itself, but they are not anything simular to tryptamines. . you can tell the DMT does have a joined effects. Harmala alone is where all those vibrational paterns and sound awareness come from IMO. Anyway, the first time I puked and all was good, I was still laid out for several hours before passing out, but the physical sensation wasn't all that bad. . the second time I did that I guess I didn't drink enough to puke. . there was a serious feeling of being poisoned and (if you've ever taken Buspar the anti anxiety medication) it had that horrible sense of vertigo. . . oh never again. I started wondering if the Pigma Harmala seeds from Saddaf were treated with some sort of anti fungle or mercury being they are seeds "not for injestion". . so at that point I started using them only to plant them in the ground and use th eseeds that came from those. I even emailed the companies and asked using the excuse that I'm an organic nut that didn't want to plant or (use dyes) that were treated with chemicals, and they didn't respond. . that made me a bit aprehencive to ever use them right out of the package again..

If any of you have info on this topic, I'd love to know what you found out! Since I started growing my own entheogens and/or using those from places that sell them as entheogens. I've never had such a feeling on yage. I don't know if it was cause I didn't purge, if the batch was just funky or what, 2 others that did it had no nausia, it was there first time and they felt it was very much like shrooms hahah. They stayed up all night throwing popcorn at a tv screen finding this too be very entertaining to watch . . pffft!!!

Mind you this was over a decade ago, I was in my late teens and I played around substances more. . now I do aya proper ;) heh.

#54 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:47 PM

Hi carpo4, nice to see you are still around. Welcome back to the aya club!

An welcome to the aya club, psychenaut! [forgot to say it earlier]

I have also had hallucinations on rue alone. It can give a nice buzz on lowish doses, but as the dose goes up, nausea and dizzyness (vertigo) become pronounced, along with the visuals.

The nausea on a high dose is continuous and wont go away after puking, so that is why you may have felt poisoned. I did! If I get dizzy from an maoi dose alone, i take it as a sign I have consumed too much of it. It is possible to get the same symptoms from the vine if you consume enough. It is easier to overdose on rue because the quantities are so small.

IME, if you are looking to trip on rue or vine alone, continuous nausea, vertigo and puking are inevitable due to the high dose needed. Luckily, a relatively low nausea-free dose of maoi is sufficient if adding a dmt plant.

#55 Psychenaut

Psychenaut

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:30 AM

sounds just like what happened too. Ever since them I've been afraid to use Sadaf's Rue seeds because of that. Wha you discribed sounds like just what happend too. I feel safer now to use the rest of the many ounces i have of them. I still like planting a bed of them and growing my own organically :)

so have any of you done enough dmt in yage where the expeirnce was close to smoking levels for an extended amount of time. . . having a long session of out of body experiences?

I'm thinking that would be more intense than I'd want to go, but I know a few of you really enjoy high end dosing. I'm a bit to fragile to be honest, so I don't think I'd intentionally try for this level of tryptamine intensity in a yage brew. Still hearing if it's possible and what it was generally like would be interesting!

btw. . nice to meet you guys too, my psychotropic/enthogenic exploration isn't shared by many around here. . it's been a private life of mine for the most part. . so having people to converse with about such things and the philos/conscience awareness that comes from it is something I find very interesting indeed!

Psyche

#56 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:09 AM

I never smoked dmt so I don't know how it compares to a high dose of yage. All I can say is that I have taken some strong doses with visuals miles more vivid and colourful than anything i experienced on shrooms. Has to be seen to be believed.

I haven't experienced being disembodied but I have regularly felt as if I had the body of another person or animal.

I used to judge a trip by how visually intense it was but not any more. I look for insight and therapy nowadays. I like having something useful/practical to take away with me from the trip instead of being simply dumped back into reality the same person as I was before. I like to get something which improves my everyday quality of life.

A strong trip is unpredictable. It could be great, it could be hell, or it could be indifferent. I find a low to moderate dose more reliable for insight and therapy. I have had wonderfully insightful trips which were so weak they were almost duds. I have had mega intense trips which gave me nothing more than mad visuals, or left me feeling very fucked up for a long time afterwards.

If you don't feel comfortable taking a high dose, DON'T TAKE IT!!! You could do yourself a lot more harm than good. A high dose easily causes stress or panic, leading to a bad trip and psychological harm which can last for weeks.

I don't want anyone to get the idea that aya is always a safe and healing experience. But if used carefully in moderation, it can work wonders.

#57 grimblegrumble

grimblegrumble

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:51 PM

Welcome to the Ayahuasca Club, Grimblegrumble! Glad to hear Ayahuasca has worked so well for you. Which plants are you growing? I would like to grow some but I think my climate is too cold.

Sorry not to respond for so long, I've been on the road.
I am just so damn random sometimes.

I have some young Aya, Syrian Rue, and Mimosa H(I hope, after reading another thread) going.
I have tried Chacruna, but alas 0% germination.
Guess I will have to just buy some young plants.
I am lucky to have a very good climate.

Thank you Phalanx for this thread.
It has helped to re-spark my desire to continue Aya studies.

#58 Elf Salvation

Elf Salvation

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:38 PM

oh yeh I gone there many times;)

#59 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:11 AM

Hi Grimblegrumble, nice to hear from you again.

It is interesting that you said "continue aya studies" rather than "continue drinking aya".

IME, working with aya is like being in a kind of university. I took good notes of brews and trips right from the beginning, but it is only lately that I have got this feeling of being schooled. Often i feel like there are spiritual beings giving me instructions rather than me understanding things under my own steam. I have received information which seemed to come out of nowhere from beyond my own mind which I couldn't have deduced from my own knowledge. Brewing tips, survival and hunting tips, health advice and info on how to cultivate caapi and chacruna comes to mind. I read that these are common lessons. Benny Shanon in his book "Antipodes of the mind" also discusses this feeling of being schooled.

This feeling of a spirit/spirits being there has been so profound and persistent that i can't rationalise it away anymore, and I'm quite a rational person who doesnt have time for anything that remotely smells of bullshit. I read in Amaringo's book (i think) that you really only start to learn properly from aya when you recognise the aya beings as being real rather than just fantasies.

IME, the best way to learn from aya is to actively seek lessons from a trip instead of being fairly passive like I used to be. I give myself plenty of time afterwards to ponder the trip and get lots more insights this way. Another important thing is applying the lessons to my life. In the beginning I often ignored them and they kept being repeated in trips. I was being a bad student. When i applied them, the repetition stopped and I got new lessons. I felt I had moved on to a new grade in the aya school.

Elf Salvation, you drink aya? I got you mixed up with AlienTouch who has the same avatar.

#60 Psychenaut

Psychenaut

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:18 PM

It's interesting when you mix these two together. Tryptamines and LSD seem to create a 2 dementional world of chaos art and morphing visuals and harmaline alone creates these intense virbrations that come from everything the more light an object reflects the more vibration it sends off. When you mix these two together, it's like the vibrations from the harmaline open up the visuals from the tryptamines and bring on an almost holographic quality to the hallucinations. . it's one amazying world, knowing it's within us is aww inspiring! :)

Oh and we can't forget how sound effects the visuals so precisely in this state of consience.. woooh

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!