• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 surf.shaman

surf.shaman

riding ancient waves

• Expired Member
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

and buying the prepaid credit card - you are probably going to be on camera too! so you better send a FOAF to go pay cash for the pre paid credit card.... what about shipping? are you going to have it shipped to your house? better have it shipped to a FOAF's house! But when the law shows up and leans on FOAF - what do you think he's going to do?

There is a post that MJ talks about this and how we are left alone because the long arm of the law has bigger fish to fry. I don't think that it is probable that they are going to go CSI on any of us unless they have real reason to. I have read through John's library of busts and it seems like there is always some other cause for investigation.

And what about FOAF and SWIM? Or the serial number of your digital camera embedded in the image tags of you grow pictures?

Personally, I think plants and fungus should not be illegal and doing this is kind of an act of civil disobedience.

#22 surf.shaman

surf.shaman

riding ancient waves

• Expired Member
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:32 AM

generally somone who goes out and picks a pound or less and that last that person and a fwew friends for the whole year.

Or a cultivator who grows one or two mycobags, not 25-500 ppounds of cubes.

At my news section at my site are dozens of large scaled shroom busts, many of people who grew 50 to 500 pounds.

Thats greed and that is not what the mushrooms are all about.

Thats just a basic thought of honesty. No one needs more than they need. The law unsually never bopthers the hundreds of thousands of small growers who grow a few for theirselves or close friends, maybe a few terade for pot ot not, but the worst arte the new dealers in schools selling shroom candies and at raves. Lately inthe last three years, there have been several busts in the country for people in possession with intent to sell charges for having choclate shrooms. Many busted because of other stupid things like no tail li9ghts, no sticker, driving stoned, etc. But when a drug starts beiong sold on the street and at schools thent he law enforcement professionals (HuH?) take note.

A DEA pharmacologist, at a large conference on psychoactive drugs, once told me about san pedro. I asked why it was not illegal. HE told me three things. One, it has a different Latin name than peyote. Two, it was used for grating and you could graft any cactus onto it that normally would not grow outside of its natural habitat.

Three, you do not see anyone standing on a corner with a foot long catus saying, "Pst! You wanna buy this large cacti."

Every conference that has been public since tghe first one in San Francisco in 1967 and then the first Hallicnogenic Conference on Mushrooms in 1976 has had multiple DEA agents, Undercover police, narcs of all statures (Feds, Local, County, etc) at these conferences yet never has anyone ever been put away for giving their lectures or hassled thwepeople who attended, as they do at large concerts.

They are there as observers. Who knowns who and what they write in the memos and reports that do not appear in their pucblications.

Even Paul Stamets is watched at every conference he speaks at as I have been and every professional scholar. In these public foerums, we really do not promote illicit use of a substance but we teach those attending what they are and their histories.

When a drug gets tothe elvel of a street or school, then it becomes a dangerous drug.

Cruiteria to make a substance illegal has two points of purpose. No social Medical value and a high potential for abuse.

Interestingly, both shrooms and MDMA have neither, although some individuals over dose their selves through stupidity, if they have a bad experience then they never do it again. IT they take it over and over for several days in a row, they burn out and cannot get the high. So that basically knocks out the high potential for abuse.

Another interesting point is in regards to social accepted medical value. If one doctor in a community of say 20 doctors uses (when it was legal) MDMA on a patient and he twells his colleagues that he completed a successful treatment of a client (patient) in that community, then all of the doctors in that community would have to agree that it had some accepted medical value.

Claudia Naranjo wrote the healling Journey in the early 1970s or late 1960s, cannot offhand recall the date of year. A psychiatrist from Chile, he tested MDA and MMDA, Hamaline, and Iboga on human subjects and wrote of his positive results in that book. Maybe in paperbound reprint. Not sure. Mine is a first edition. BUt his work is a classic piece of pharmaceutical worthiness of the fact that he had postive results through his research.

Sorry I went off on a rant, but back to the shrooms. Those who are not greedy never have a problem.

mjshroomer
and to all a shroomy weekend.

I have to go back to working on my revised bibliography of Entheogenic Mushrooms, several scholars will soon be reviewing the updated edition in numerous mycological abd botanical journals. It has been a project I spent 25 yearss putting to paper and the CD is supurb.

The cool thing about the cd version is the more than 1,000 (1.5 inch thumjbnails that all open up to 7 1/2 inches to 8 inches in height and the more than five hundred front pages of shroom articles with the abstracts and summaries of the journal papers. 2800 references, 300 pages, 365 Soma/Amanita references, 1800 annotations, 9,000 cross-references, and every cross-reference links directly by author-date to the reference in question. Plus new articles not published elswhere and personal letters between me and the scholars who wrote a lot of the early literature on the entheogenic shrooms.

peace.

#23 Guest_Discobiscuit_*

Guest_Discobiscuit_*

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:32 PM

Um guys i don't know about the rest of you but if my door ever gets kicked in that i ordered some spores off the internet will be the least of my worries??? The only way they are going to bother is if you get rolled on or get caught selling them. If they are already in your house admiring your "garden" something you bought from a spore bank in Amsterdam is going to be the least of your problems yes? I'd get in more trouble for the treasure trove of yarrage on my hd than those spores. If it seriously worries you though just use prepaid visa it's what i use but i use them because i refuse to get a bank account and use cash as much as possible :heart:

#24 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,476 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

True, spore collections are not really a concern if a door gets kicked in, but we're talking about what leads to a door getting kicked in. I used to order from Sporeworks on my debit card until the first time I saw "Sporeworks" on my bank statement. That made me a little nervous.

It's probably not even a big deal REALLY, but why not take that extra little step to cover your ass?

#25 funny1

funny1

I do what needs doing

• Free Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:07 AM

I think Discobiscuit's point shouldn't be lost here.
Exercising caution with your setup vs worrying about what appears on a credit card statement are two different extremes.
No one's gonna have a judge sign a search warrant because you bought some spores online.

I'd spend less time worrying about "appearing on camera buying a money order", worrying about a name/address appearing on a money order being traced to you, or having some nefarious government agency track you down and build a case against you because you have "sporeworks" on your bank statement....and I'd spend a helluva lot more time worrying about keeping what you're doing to YOURSELF.

The fewer people that know about what you're up to, the better.

This point can't be lost as it's the most important.
If you don't tell anyone what you're doing, and hide major traces of your setup, you're gonna be alright.

Be more concerned about the 5 good 'friends' you've just had to show your setup to because you wanted to show off.

Friends are friends, but it just takes one friend to talk to another friend about what you've got cookin...and before you know it, that info is getting to some jackass LEO.

It happens. A lot.

Buy a prepaid Visa/Mastercard at any freakin supermarket...with cash (amazingly, it can be done people), and be done with it.

#26 surf.shaman

surf.shaman

riding ancient waves

• Expired Member
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

i totally agree with you funny1.
PF was reported to be making 30k a month selling spore syringes at $10 each. They busted PF but they didn't bust all those people that bought from him.

Before I made my decision to start doing this hobby, i read through many articles at: http://www.mushroomjohn.org/news.htm - i found that in most cases people got busted because the sold or transported mushrooms... sometimes people had big operations that others found by mistake.

#27 Vague Blur

Vague Blur

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

Be more concerned about the 5 good 'friends' you've just had to show your setup to because you wanted to show off.

True talk. FOAF used to make that mistake, thats how I heard about it. :P Destroyed his whole setup in a fit of paranoia, so loss of peace of mind is another downside. And when taking entheogens, peace of mind is essential IMO.

Personally, I think plants and fungus should not be illegal and doing this is kind of an act of civil disobedience.

:bow:

#28 witchdr11

witchdr11

Shamanic Vibes

• Expired Member
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

Wow, that link to MJ's reports of busts is fucking scary.

#29 surf.shaman

surf.shaman

riding ancient waves

• Expired Member
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:41 AM

witchdr11 - most of it did not scare me. there are a few that involve other people opening a package... that's kind of scary!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!