Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Q&A MegaThread: How long should you wait between trips?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#41 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:18 PM

I think the recipe called for fresh amanita chopped, about 1 tablespoonfull and sauteed in some sort of food (your choice). If you have excess, you dip them in Brandy (or whatever) and freeze them, never tried it myself but sounds nice.
I also would like to hear more Buckaroo, about the preparation/dose of your soma tea.

#42 loochypooch

loochypooch

Heavy Metal Drummer

• Expired Member
  • 719 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:42 PM

I'm getting this strange urge to smoke some Amnita mwuhahaha....

#43 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• Validating
  • 8,978 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:15 PM

I hate repeating myself...it leads to contradicting myself! I just re-read this post again (I do love to hear myself type). I stand by this as much as I did when I put it up originally. Check it out if you are interested in my take on A. muscaria (or, as called by some, Soma):

My stupidly detailed report is 8 or 9 posts down on the second page:

http://mycotopia.net...p?t=5205&page=2

Just stay away from going big with these guys. I can almost guarantee you won't like it. If you stay small, using them as a prep or an additive or just a little buzz...well, I haven't dosed anybody yet who didn't dig 'em like that.

They are WAY harsh as a full blown entheogen, though...quite interesting, but VERY HARSH.

Mycobri - that's A. muscaria var. formosa. NOT RECOMMENDED. WAY too much variance in potency from fruit to fruit. One tastes nasty with no effects and the next is like a pantherina. Stick with the classic red and white, you'll get much more predictable results.

#44 Killjoy

Killjoy

Mycophage

• Validating
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:54 AM

Any experience or anyone point out another thread/s on Cubs as a tonics like Buckaroo's A. Musc. or an exteneded p. cub trip...
Buck. .5 G every ?? over 10 hours... keep you about level the whole time??
It's the Body high and energy Buckaroo mention's I'd like to sustain for a good 10-12 hours working round the house on the weekends...

#45 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• Validating
  • 8,978 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:07 PM

Amis vary in effect on different people, so you'll need to do a little experimentation to be certain. One thing to bear in mind is that Amis last longer (and take longer to peak) than psillys. To maintain a level experience, I like to re-up my dosage every 4 or 5 hours. To ramp up an experience, I like to re-up every 1-2 hours. Just be aware that you aren't at "peak" on Amis for 4 or 5 hours (4 on an empty stomach, 5 on a full one).

Good luck and please report back on your experience!

#46 jeaujeau

jeaujeau

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:41 PM

how long do you guys allow between trips? if i have anything less than 3 weeks i don't feel anything around 9 grams\

not that timing is essentisl just curious how long you guys give...

that sounds about right to me. The only way around that is to detox your system.

#47 shroomtastic

shroomtastic

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:05 PM

how much time do u wait to trip again after u have tripped? I always felt like if u try to the next day or week or so after that it isn;t the same as if u wait a few weeks? maybe i am wrong but do mushrooms work all the time or do u have to keep upping the dosage? just curious

#48 BigStemz

BigStemz

prophet of peace

• Expired Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:19 PM

how much time do u wait to trip again after u have tripped? I always felt like if u try to the next day or week or so after that it isn;t the same as if u wait a few weeks? maybe i am wrong but do mushrooms work all the time or do u have to keep upping the dosage? just curious

i usually do them about once every 3 months at least. not more unless i dose a very small amount, then i may take more sooner. sometimes i got as long as 4 months. i same them for special occasions. ie christmas break.

:headbang:

#49 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:23 PM

im a once a month person usually. but i sometimes dose twice a month

#50 shroomtastic

shroomtastic

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, just usually stuff doesent come around and it takes months but having a good supply being weekly or biweekly would you consider taking them? or is it a waste to do them so soon..

#51 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:32 AM

I have had cross tolerance where i tripped on acid one day then two days or so after i ate some shrooms and the trip was weak as hell for 5g.

#52 MtnStrider

MtnStrider

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:37 AM

38 years ;)

but im going for once a year now:headbang:

#53 scoutmaster

scoutmaster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:04 PM

I trip when I have the time, and means to do so. Could be anywhere from 3 times a month to once in 6 months. If you space trips 4 days apart i notice no affects of tolerance.

#54 shroomtastic

shroomtastic

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:44 PM

ok thanks just always wondered.

#55 DJTetsu

DJTetsu

View Source Code

• Expired Member
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:23 AM

I have become a frequent tripper. I trip at least once a week, and a majority of the time twice a week. Yes tolerance has gone up, and I continue to keep a low dosage... BUT I don't see any set backs to this. Sure my trips don't last as long or is as intense, but I believe that for me, I have found myself a sweet spot that lies between tripping and meditating. I like actively seeking that single pointedness of mind that is sought after by meditation, at which point the effects of the trip is intesified. Does anyone remotely know what I'm talking about?

It is my sinceriest intention that I wish that some people try this.

It's pretty sweet using it in other ways too. Sometimes I'll smoke mad bowls and just have a hint of mushies to make my smoke out sessions a bit more intense. I've lately eaten them just to trip for a bit and then take short naps on them to have some crazy vivid dreams. There's no shame in eating them and just barely feeling them (either from low dosage or from high tolerance). I think the biggest setback for most people is the lack of control, or the fear of bad trips or having the quality of the trip not being so high. I don't want to write more on bad trips (because I think I write enough) but I'll leave it at...it is nice once you get over the "hump" of being scared of it all.

#56 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:06 AM

you do make a good point,
i hadn't really thought of tolerance as protection
but i can see it.
might just try your 'assisted' meditation technique.
thx
:bow:

#57 Guest_vinz_*

Guest_vinz_*

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:49 AM

i know what you mean dj.
i dose weekly.

#58 gunji

gunji

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:20 PM

once a week, small dose ,not really looking to trip, just to enjoy the feeling

#59 Xerces

Xerces

Embedded Spirit of Love & Power

• OG VIP
  • 971 posts

Donator

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:46 PM

I think it's kind of like with pot... If you use it everyday, twice a day, you will have a reduced effect, like more relaxing but not 'tripping'. I think it's the same with mushies, you have to wait at least 3 days to have zero tolerance again.

#60 shroomtastic

shroomtastic

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:33 PM

good to kno!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!