#1 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

First drill pencil sized holes in the lid, fill the tray 3/4 full with water (add rooting hormone if desired).
Place aluminum foil over the tray and then secure the lid onto tray over the foil.
Use a pencil or another thin sharp object to create starter holes in the foil, then place your clones in the unit.
The Purps demonstrate.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 226.jpg
  • Picture 227.jpg
  • Picture 217.jpg
  • Picture 216.jpg

• Sidestreet, chimp, lysergic and 3 others like this

#2 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:15 PM

Great idea :eusa_clap

Are they just in rockwool inside the container? :weedpoke:

:bow:

#3 growDaddy

growDaddy

What a long strange trip

• Expired Member
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

I'll try that this weekend, thanks

#4 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

:bow:

#5 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

Good shit mang. Real simple and easy.

pce

#6 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 782 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

I would make the holes in the lid bigger than pencil size. When you pull the clones out you might do some damage to those new roots. I would also add an airstone to the bottom tray after the 1st 24 hours. Nice idea though, I'll have to give his one a try.

#7 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

Thanks.
If you're worried about oxygen at root level, just gently shake the tray from side to side every day or so. But, it's not really necessary.

You can transplant and flower as soon as roots begin to form.

You can flower the plant in a 3 Liter bottle, the CD fits perfectly inside and makes a nice artificial mulch and lumen booster.
White Widow demonstrates.

You also can create a perpetual harvest this way, by putting one clone in the flowering chamber every 4 days.
This will give you a total of 14 plants under a 400 watt light, on a 56 day flowering cycle.

Attached Thumbnails

• 89719d1212957948-another-bright-idea-picture-1134.jpg
  • 89720d1212957948-another-bright-idea-picture-1120.jpg

Edited by warriorsoul, 15 March 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#8 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,099 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

I like the cd idea... should reflect a little light and keep the soil from compacting from top watering.

#9 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:27 PM

True that.
I notice the roots grow right up to the surface, maximizing the full volume of the container.
A closet full of these, look awesome..:headbang:

#10 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

You may get one or two that don't survive, just replace it with a fresh one.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 231.jpg

• MrGumball likes this

#11 sandman

sandman

Saint PP

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,133 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

archive material

#12 Arabesque

Arabesque

Pimposaurus-Rex

• Expired Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:44 PM

I might have to whip out my light, order some seeds and do this.

#13 Windshine

Windshine

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 221 posts

Donator

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:30 AM

When yo say add rootinv hormone if desired does that mean I couls juat put clean distilled water in the tray by its self and it will grow roots?

#14 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,388 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

How long did it take for the roots to form in the picture?

Did you only have you use one filling of water?

My cloning is taking close to three weeks to root.  What might I be doing wrong?

#15 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

I usually get roots within a week. You can use rooting hormone but it is not needed. It's perpetual, so I may have to add some water every week or two. The foil helps keep evaporation and algae growth down. Oxygen is key, don't fill the tray up all the way with water. Give it a shake every few days to reoxygenate the water. You can transplant as soon as you see any root formation. Keep your temps up for faster metabolism.

Attached Thumbnails

• 009.JPG

Edited by warriorsoul, 15 March 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#16 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,388 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:15 PM

I need to get my temps under control.  Low temps, poor quality cuts are probably my biggest problem these days.  Thanks for the reply, Grassroots seems to have had a jump of ship lately.  I will give your tek a try.

Edited by Dipole, 15 March 2014 - 07:16 PM.

• warriorsoul likes this

#17 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

Good luck, Dipole. Are they just slow? How's your die off rate? Let me know how it works for you!

#18 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,388 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

An OG Grow article talks of using myco style sterile procedures.  I have not been very clean.  My temps are usually too low.  65F easy.  Temps were warmer a week back because my flowering chamber was still running and the room temps were 80F easy.  Bingo a root sprouts.  The chamber gets shut down, the room cools, and I get no roots.

This last run ran 2 weeks without any loss.  I have lost half now.  I changed out the water today.  The remaining cuts are still kicking but the temps are too low.

#19 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,388 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

I gave your TEK a try Mr. warriorsoul.  I am glad I did too.

I had two mothers, I am so small time, and they were in pretty bad shape too.  I pruned them both above and below and repotted them.  They look great today.

I then took my miserable looking cuttings and tried out your TEK with them.  I bought some edible stuff at the local grocery store that came in a container very similar to yours.  I stuffed a bunch of my sativa doms in it.  I had another cup sized container, but the clear plastic dome was way too high.  So I ditched the top and just used Al foil.  I put 4 indica doms in it.

I filled both containers half full of RO water.  I put them near a curtain drawn window on top of my turtle's box, which has a basking lamp.

Everyone of the sativa doms died.  I have decided that particular plant has weak root traits.  So this out come is not surprizing.  The trial was far from fair too, the cuts were pretty pour.

However, 3 of the indica doms made it.  When I saw that I had 2 cuts with roots I put them in the window sill with the shear inner curtain to provide half light and visual camoflage.  I had to leave for 6 days to see my son recieve his masters degree.  When I came back, the 3 survivors were happy and well endowed with roots.  They are in potting soil now.

Now this particular plant was selected because it rooted well in my bubble cloner.  So this TEK was very agreeable with this plant too.  Even more so than with my bubbler.  I think I know the reason why too.  The water had very little bacterial slime inside.  The bubbler needs to be changed after a week or so or the slime wins.  Your TEK isn't bubbling contams through.  The race between roots and contams is shifted in the plant's favor.

I have much better stock to choose from on my sativa dom now.  So I will try it again even though I don't think I will grow her out, again, crappy roots.

Thank you so much for the TEK.

Edited by Dipole, 29 May 2014 - 10:51 PM.

• warriorsoul likes this

#20 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

Damn, that is so simple even I can do it.  Elegantly simple.  

Thanks!

• warriorsoul likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!