• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 Toadstool

Toadstool

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

You guys ever tried out the H&K USP45? My brother has one, it's probably one of my favourite hand guns.

Love mine!!! 2nd to my Usp compact 40. I am a HK man to the bone have shot many many different guns and is just about the only thing I would carry now(next to a kimber).

Attached Thumbnails

• 0115081553.jpg

Edited by Hippie3, 31 March 2009 - 09:31 AM.

#62 Toadstool

Toadstool

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

I am looking for an AK, 7.62x39mm, to collect and range fire, but am not prepared to drop $500 for one.

So, I have a question on non-firing AK-47s. they can cost as little as $170. they include moving parts, but do not fire.
Is it possible to convert a non-firing AK-47 into a semi-auto or full-auto AK-47 by installing the right parts?

500 damn. I can find them round my neck of the woods all day for about 200-250.
Full auto AK= Federal = lots and lots of trouble in the US

Edited by Hippie3, 31 March 2009 - 09:31 AM.

#63 beardedlady

beardedlady

Documented Deemster

• Expired Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:38 AM

I really like that tan body on the H&K, man. How do you like the compact compared to the full size? With the quality of their guns, I imagine it is just as silk.

They are just silly easy to take apart and clean too. What kind of Kimber do you have?

#64 Toadstool

Toadstool

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 279 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:49 AM

I really like that tan body on the H&K, man. How do you like the compact compared to the full size? With the quality of their guns, I imagine it is just as silk.

They are just silly easy to take apart and clean too. What kind of Kimber do you have?

Thanks Beard. I wanted a stainless 2 tone, but they do not make them any more so... Love them both. I shoot the compact a little better than the full size, but both are super smooth and the target acquistion(sp?) is awesome.
I do not own a Kimber as of yet. Would love 1, but think when I do get a 1911 will prolly go Springfield.

#65 mestophilies

mestophilies

Suit Up!

• OG VIP
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:21 AM

well have ya huh huh huh???? LOL, just curious bro if ya went out again and tried the open eyes.

#66 Arabesque

Arabesque

Pimposaurus-Rex

• Expired Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

I am not interested in purchasing a gun because of the new president or fear for whatever reason. I became interested in purchasing after I went to an indoor pistol range after the last James Bond movie came out :rasta:. Anyway after waiting 90 days on a background check (30 days since the initial denial, 60 for challenge) I am finally able to purchase one. I have been looking for something in my price range and found decent 9mm. It's the Taurus 24/7 Pro, 17 rounds and heine sights. Anyone have any opinions or experience with it?
Posted Image

#67 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:03 PM

damn!... niiice stuff everyone!!!
You've inspired me to post a pic as well....
what the hell am i worried about..... jeez. lol
the gifted ammo that came with it are hollow points. :lol:
(talking to self).. "this is amerika , quit bein a puss n show yer effin piece already" lol :reb:
:love:
thanks for sharing everyone! :) :bow: :heart:

Attached Thumbnails

• Ruger 015.jpg
  • Ruger 035.jpg
  • Ruger 010.jpg

#68 Toadstool

Toadstool

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 279 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

Nice Gun Ras!
Ok Here is 1 of my fav's. Do not have many other pic's of my babies, they were on my laptop(hard drive crashed).
Have an EO Tech on it now and a front handle. Is a DPMS A3

Attached Thumbnails

• AR-15..jpg

• Ras Asad likes this

#69 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

well have ya huh huh huh???? LOL, just curious bro if ya went out again and tried the open eyes.

Thanks for asking, but no-we had to go to MO and pack up the MIL's stuff so she can move in with us soon.

Maybe next weekend.

#70 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

I am not interested in purchasing a gun because of the new president or fear for whatever reason. I became interested in purchasing after I went to an indoor pistol range after the last James Bond movie came out :rasta:. Anyway after waiting 90 days on a background check (30 days since the initial denial, 60 for challenge) I am finally able to purchase one. I have been looking for something in my price range and found decent 9mm. It's the Taurus 24/7 Pro, 17 rounds and heine sights. Anyone have any opinions or experience with it?

looks and sounds nice to me man! :bow:

niice one TS!! :bow:

#71 beardedlady

beardedlady

Documented Deemster

• Expired Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:54 PM

damn!... niiice stuff everyone!!!
You've inspired me to post a pic as well....
what the hell am i worried about..... jeez. lol
the gifted ammo that came with it are hollow points. :lol:
(talking to self).. "this is amerika , quit bein a puss n show yer effin piece already" lol :reb:
:love:
thanks for sharing everyone! :) :bow: :heart:

I've never seen a Ruger that looked like that before. It looks almost like a toy, I love it. Really cool design.

#72 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:52 PM

I had a Makarov 9x19. It was a pretty dependable pistol and cost very little. Think I gave under $150 for it at a pawn shop. I am pretty sure it was Makarov anyhow. How I understand it they were made for the Chinese army's officers. Anyhow I'm sure you will enjoy getting the 9x18 (.380) back.

-edit- The one I had...... star on the grips was made for China. I am assuming it was just surplus. Now that I think about it it may have been Takarov..... Not sure I have heard reference to both and not sure what I had.... any idea?

Star on grips is usualy a Romanian or Russian Tokarev. BTW the 7.62X25 toke round is the only "legal" round that will penetrate level II soft body armor and kevlar helmets. Designed by the Russians during WWII to penetrate thick cloathing and heavy wool coats.

Attached Thumbnails

• tokarev.jpg

Edited by dead_diver, 19 May 2009 - 08:56 PM.
add

#73 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:02 PM

500 damn. I can find them round my neck of the woods all day for about 200-250.
Full auto AK= Federal = lots and lots of trouble in the US

For a semi-auto weapon that fires the 7.62X39 round you would be better off with an SKS....IMHO. Better accuracy and range and less expensive than the AK. If full auto is what you want then get the AK. Just make sure you have the proper FFL for it.

#74 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

For Full Auto you'd need a Class 3 license, not a FFL. FFL is for being a dealer, having authorization to process the forms as well as ship and receive firearms.

As for accuracy of SKS vs AK, I think they're about the same. The main difference between the two is having a detachable magazine.

#75 ruderalis

ruderalis

Genetic Anomaly

• Expired Member
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

My brother got me this for my 20th. It's a .22 survival rifle. The barrel, receiver, and two magazines come apart and fit into the stock of the gun.

The stock of the gun is small enough to fit into a backpack if you were camping or hiking and were going to be in the wild and wanted something small to carry.

It takes .22LR. I don't remember who manufactured the one I have, it's at my brothers house right now. They also sells small scopes that mount on
these.

I have the same rifle......slightly modified. I originally had the hollow stock which can hold all the components. Would make a great survival gun to keep in a plane.

Posted Image

#76 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

This design was from Eugene Stoner of Armalite- it replaced the Air Force's breakdown over/under .22 Hornet/.410 aircrew survival rifle, (also known as the M6 Scout) and the AR5/MA1 bolt action .22 Hornet (used for one year).

When it was manufactured by Charter Arms (1973-1990) it went downhill. I had one of these- the barrel warped- quickly!.

It was sold to Henry Repeating Arms, supposedly in 1990- (even though it was manufactured by Survival Arms of FL from 90-97), improved and called the Henry Survival Rifle.

It was sold to AR7 Industries iin 1997, which was bought by Armalite in 2004-where I suppose it is still made.

A nice backpack rifle, for sure! I used mine when I went climbing in the desert- sometimes you can't wait for a rattlesnake to get out of your way.

#77 weeeeeee

weeeeeee

humanoid

• Expired Member
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:00 PM

just took a couple day trip to my families property this past weekend shot some shit to be more specific dumped hundreds of .22 longs out of various guns one an over under .410/.22 one an old .22 skeleton rifle an old cheap six shooter with matching derringer style 4 shot pea shooter. tons of rounds through the makarov got to blast off my 16 12 and .410 shotguns i brought the .44 magnum buttttt too damned expensive to shoot i also ihave a 22 mag which i would probably say is my favorite but i left it at home for whatever reason

though it rained it was a good trip we got the hammocks and tarp setup just before the sky fell upon us we managed to keep a fire ablaze and made some delicious peanut butter and mallow smores on chocolate graahm crackers ........mmmmmmmmmmmmm

it was my buddies first time firing a handgun he is a natural apparently hitting all his clay pigeons that i had set about 10-15 yards out anyways ramble ramble blah blah

i owned one of these............................... but sold it due to some dumbass before me shaving the serial number fun as fuck to shoot but just too scary owning that shaved piece of shit check out that link though its kinda interesting

#78 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,032 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

but sold it due to some dumbass before me shaving the serial number fun as fuck to shoot but just too scary owning that shaved piece of shit check out that link though its kinda interesting

just FYI, forensics can still pull a serial number off a gun that has the serial numbers ground out. when they stamp the metal, it flexes or changes all the way to the core. special machines can find these traces and pull your numbers up.
just so yall don't think youre safe it you scratch the numbers off...

#79 weeeeeee

weeeeeee

humanoid

• Expired Member
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:56 PM

just FYI, forensics can still pull a serial number off a gun that has the serial numbers ground out. when they stamp the metal, it flexes or changes all the way to the core. special machines can find these traces and pull your numbers up.
just so yall don't think youre safe it you scratch the numbers off...

oh yeah i am not that stupid not only can they pull the stamp back out of the metal they mark them all over on multiple parts i know of 3 parts that glock serializes at BUT if you were to stumble upon a nice gun which barbarically shaved word on the streets is you can just replace all the parts that have said scratched or dirty serials on them well the visible ones that is

personally stolen gun = headache for me im not trying to kill people i shoot for sport so i dont like having that hot ass shit in my car that be why i sold it.... hell of a gun though did you see that link?

#80 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

I levae for a few months and come back to a gun thread!!! Sweet!!

These are our babies. I got the right to own a firearm back 2 years ago and went crazy. (gotta love good lawyers.)

The C9 in all her ugly beauty.
c9.jpg

The Nagant revolver (Russian ugly)
nagant2.jpg

The Bersa .380ACP Thunder 7 shot Duo Tone
bersa3.jpeg

Maverick88 12ga 7+1 #1
Attached File  shotty1.bmp   600.06KB   358 downloads

Maverick88 12ga 7+1 #2
Attached File  untitled.bmp   49.56KB   336 downloads

The Yugo SKS
sks.jpg

And the Old S&W .45 that uses moon clips. (love this thing)
smith3.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!