• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:29 AM

Sweet- I love my C-9, and my 995 carbine.

#82 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:50 AM

My C9 isn't bad for what we paid for it. Wouldn't trust my life to it but it's not a bad little range toy.

The 995 is a different animal. Awesome little weapon. Accurate, reliable, affordable- albeit ugly as sin.

#83 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:52 AM

My brother got me this for my 20th. It's a .22 survival rifle. The barrel, receiver, and two magazines come apart and fit into the stock of the gun.

The stock of the gun is small enough to fit into a backpack if you were camping or hiking and were going to be in the wild and wanted something small to carry.

It takes .22LR. I don't remember who manufactured the one I have, it's at my brothers house right now. They also sells small scopes that mount on these.

I love those Henry .22's!! Great little survival rifle. You can pack the whole thing in the butt stock and it floats!! :headbang:

#84 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,032 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

my woman's c9 jams every time. i am going to order another mag and see if that helps, if not i'll send the gun and both mags back to the company for them to fix.

#85 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

my woman's c9 jams every time. i am going to order another mag and see if that helps, if not i'll send the gun and both mags back to the company for them to fix.

Hi-Points costumer service is second to none. If you send it in, don't be suprised if the problem gets fixed and you end up with a extra mag to boot.

#86 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hi-Points costumer service is second to none. If you send it in, don't be suprised if the problem gets fixed and you end up with a extra mag to boot.

This is true- NOTE- These guns are +P continuous rated, and cheap shit ammo like wolf (my most common purchase) will sometimes fail to eject, especially when the gun is new.

After about 500 rounds, mine will shoot anything reliably.

BUT- I HAVE heard of a prob with the feed lips on the mag causing a jam problem- the Hi-Point forum has some info on it.

#87 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

This is true- NOTE- These guns are +P continuous rated, and cheap shit ammo like wolf (my most common purchase) will sometimes fail to eject, especially when the gun is new.

After about 500 rounds, mine will shoot anything reliably.

BUT- I HAVE heard of a prob with the feed lips on the mag causing a jam problem- the Hi-Point forum has some info on it.

I used to spend a lot of time over at that forum.

Yeah 500 is a good round break in number.

I also problems with the Winchester Whitebox shit they sell at Wallyworld. (or did before the damn shortage) Woulf FTF or FTE every other round.

Another thing worth noting, don't use aftermarket knock off mags. Especially Pro-mag. GARBAGE!! I broke the spring in the damn things after the first time I used them. Guess thts why nthey were $7 at the gun show.

I think Hi-Points main issue is their quality control. They allow way to many sub-par products to leave the factory. But if you encounter problems, as I said, their customer service is awesome.

#88 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

I also problems with the Winchester Whitebox shit they sell at Wallyworld. (or did before the damn shortage) Woulf FTF or FTE every other round.

Had a discussion with another C-9 owner a few days ago at wallyWorld- said the SAME thing about Winchester whitebox.

Said Hi-Pont told him that some 9mm machinegun ammo had gotten into the mix at Winchester, try remington. Problem solved.

So he starts measuring the ammo- about half the rounds in his box were 1mm LONGER than 9mm luger specs... go figger.

Maybe the actual projectiles used in the rounds were wrong? I never heard of a LONGER round- even for 9mm subguns- a separate subject of which we will not speak...

#89 johnnydigital

johnnydigital

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

I've always wanted a survival rifle. That is sooo sweet!!! I've been thinking of the AR-7, especially since its under $200. I have a .30-06 now, but its just not fun to bring backpacking.

#90 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:45 PM

I really wanted a Springfield Armory M-6 Scout- the over/under that was a one-hit wonder as the AF's survival rifle. In .22WMR/.410.

Sadly, they are out of production.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!