#1 cubpedro

cubpedro

entheolearner

• Expired Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

Wanted ask the community if anybody has had luck with the
Trichocereus macrogonus from BBB .

I realize the bridgesii would be my best bet . Just wanting to add 2 the collection.

#2 mr. pink

mr. pink

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

I would like to know as well. I just started some mac seedlings a week ago.

#3 EmmisonJ

EmmisonJ

halcyon & on & on

• Expired Member
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

i've read of a couple people regularly doing a/b's on it, yields same as peruvian torch and pedro
  • Shadowlord likes this

#4 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,925 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:32 AM

Good to see you CubPedro!
Hope all is well w/ you.
Irishlion has a nice breakdown of the Alk contents of the various species of Mescaline bearing cacti.
The cacti at BBB should be as good or bad as any other sampling of cactus.
Are you planning on growing them to add to your collection or to tea 'em up?
Probably should try the Bridgesii for the MAOI content if you are looking for a different tea experience.
Anyways always good to bump into you.
:cacti:
  • Irishlion and EmmisonJ like this

#5 cubpedro

cubpedro

entheolearner

• Expired Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:23 AM

Emmison thanks that's what i needed to know. Shadow whats up good to see u also, think im gonna grow it 1st then sample down the road. Think i've seen irishs chart i'll chech it out again. Thanks everyone:rasta:
  • Shadowlord likes this

#6 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

The biggest problem with a list of any sort is the same problem you get using real life experience. The stock changes, the supplier, environment, genetics, etc.

I am sure macs can produce a nice alkaloid profile, but I cant say they all do, not for them or any other tricho. As I have stated many times before, the bridgesii are your best bet, but if I were you I would get some of the macros too. The odds are good in your favor.

I am pretty sure the lists made of alkaloid content are just a general guide, and you need to understand the material used came from a single plant, from a single area. Use any lists with a good awareness of such things.

Most cacti gurus are still fucking it all up by only supplying enough information to keep you buying their books.

I have a couple of beautiful Macrogonus from a trade last year, and I am most impressed. I have several types of KK cactus, mainly bridgesii with different collection numbers. I dont have the A clone yet, but i have a couple B clone bridgesii, a spiny pachanoi, several unknowns still. I have a few different looking pachanoi as well. Some cactus are kk242s I bought early on not knowing they were a mislabeled finding from KK. They grow fast and make great gifts though. I also got some hoodia seeds and have a few nice looking plants. I saw some guy selling hoodia on ebay for like 300 bucks a plant and figured id get into that someday, but honestly i never will.

I have a beautiful Juuls giant, and the funny thing about these very beautiful and somewhat rare species is what is said about the alkaloid profile.

One site crosses other trichos with it due to what they call a tremendous alkaloid profile....im paraphrasing, but thats the jist of it.

Another site says the Juuls Giant has little or no mescaline.

Take all the bullshit with a grain of salt. Get what you like and take care of alkaloids by securing bridgesii from a couple of different sites and collections.
  • llamabox and Shadowlord like this

#7 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,925 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

Can't hit you up w/ Rep again just yet Rocket, but I had to post.
You have forgotten more than I know about cactus.
Thanks for the informative post and where is a good place to start reading about some of these various strains and identifiers you mention?
(kk and kk242 and Juuls etc )
Fascinating stuff. I'd love to expand my knowledge on these cacti.
Cacti in general really. I always have loved them even b/4 I knew there were Mescaline bearing cacti other than the Lophs.
:cacti:

#8 cubpedro

cubpedro

entheolearner

• Expired Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

Rocket thanks for the info .:bow: Its funny how it seems once you start collecting cacti it becomes an addiction , I just cant stop looking and buying diff species of active/non active ones.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#9 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

Forgot to mention a rarely spoken of variety that I have found interesting, but it is very slow growing compared to the others. I dont know if its what I am doing or if its a trait. Trichocereus terscheckii are awesome looking and have wicked spines. Great for a collection, especiall a larger one or 2.

Tell me about it CP, I had hundreds last year, Mostly smaller cacti I grew myself, but setting out 50 or so pots, 10 planters is still an addiction :lol: Just not as bad after I thinned out the herd last summer.

I tend to grow out a hundred or so seedlings of a desirable nature, and then trade for other desirable clones.

#10 brain leg

brain leg

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:26 PM

Rocket thanks for the info .:bow: Its funny how it seems once you start collecting cacti it becomes an addiction , I just cant stop looking and buying diff species of active/non active ones.

I know exactly what you mean. I started my collection with a pedro just to get the mesc and I quickly fell in love with cacti and filled my entire porch with different active and non active species. It quickly became more than it was originally supposed to be.

Even when i have learned everything i can from mescalito ,and no longer need to consume it , i will still raise these cacti to remind me of their lessons. Every time i return home, I am happy to know i am back in my garden. It fills me with a feeling I can't really describe.

I recomend evrey one to start a garden of their own, and experience the joy for themselves.
  • Boebs likes this

#11 Boebs

Boebs

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:45 AM

I know exactly what you mean. I started my collection with a pedro just to get the mesc and I quickly fell in love with cacti and filled my entire porch with different active and non active species. It quickly became more than it was originally supposed to be. Even when i have learned everything i can from mescalito ,and no longer need to consume it , i will still raise these cacti to remind me of their lessons. Every time i return home, I am happy to know i am back in my garden. It fills me with a feeling I can't really describe. I recomend evrey one to start a garden of their own, and experience the joy for themselves.

So very true. My porch is covered.. taking ovrr into the back yard..

#12 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:37 PM

On BBB there is “add to cart” for bridgesii seedlings, but when I go to the other page for bridgesii “Achuma” it says in stock but there is no “add to cart” I have recently gone through Mallacht’s plants but I was curious for spring How do I go about purchasing mature cuttings from BBB? I read someone say use the force and I have tried reaching out to customer service, etc. If people are trying to keep the source secure, if someone could reply to this or Private message me I would appreciate it. Thank you very much my people!

#13 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,407 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:55 PM

Looks to me like you've done the right thing. Contact customer service - maybe try a message or two. 

This is purely me remembering but.........

I think BBB has had some "difficulties" awhile back in regards to some of their product offerings. 

Certain agencies are very "down" on the idea of The People having access to medicinal herbs and they are attacking the sellers - and crucifying them to the best of their ability. 

That being said, I can understand the reluctance to make herbals available to the public. After all, you never know when one of those agencies might be posing as a customer with the goal of entrapment and prosecution of the seller.

Your best bet:

Start from seed. 

Or

Cultivate a relationship over some time with someone who might share a cutting or two. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!