• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nunyabiz

Nunyabiz

Teonanacatl

• Free Member
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

Gotta take a piss test next friday.. Wanted to trip tonight.. Should I steer clear? Anyone know for sure? Its pretty close if it does show up.. Any input?

#2 davedc

davedc

Market Restricted

• Free Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

No u will be fine I took them last saturday and had a test monday.

#3 davedc

davedc

Market Restricted

• Free Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:20 PM

Urine Testing
The first thing to know about mushrooms and drug tests is that psilocybin and psilocin, the primary psychoactive substances in psilocybe mushrooms, are not commonly tested for in the standard drug test. The basic drug test, currently used for nearly all corporate and sports testing programs, checks for 5 types of substances

• Cannabinoids (marijuana, hash)
  • Cocaine (cocaine, crack, benzoylecognine)
  • Amphetamines (amphetamines, methamphetamines, speed)
  • Opiates (heroin, opium, codeine, morphine)
  • Phencyclidine (PCP)

Even the extended employment drug tests used by most companies do not test for the presence of psilocybin or psilocin.
  • ishkaboo likes this

#4 davedc

davedc

Market Restricted

• Free Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

It is, however, technically possible to detect psilocybin and psilocin with a drug test and we have received reports of psilocybin testing during criminal probation and a school-related drug test. Because they are less standard, these tests are more expensive to give than the basic test. The more expensive and comprehensive drug tests are sometimes used in cases where there is specific reason to believe that psilocybin mushrooms use is an issue; for example, an individual who is on probation for mushroom use might be specifically tested for the presence of psilocybin in hir system. However, generally mushroom use does not cause an individual to test positive on most random drug tests given by an employer or school.

Once ingested, most of the psilocybin is converted into psilocin within the first hour. Most of the psilocin is then excreted within the first 8 hours...but portions remain in the system for several weeks.

#5 mestophilies

mestophilies

Suit Up!

• VIP
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

It is, however, technically possible to detect psilocybin and psilocin with a drug test and we have received reports of psilocybin testing during criminal probation and a school-related drug test. Because they are less standard, these tests are more expensive to give than the basic test. The more expensive and comprehensive drug tests are sometimes used in cases where there is specific reason to believe that psilocybin mushrooms use is an issue; for example, an individual who is on probation for mushroom use might be specifically tested for the presence of psilocybin in hir system. However, generally mushroom use does not cause an individual to test positive on most random drug tests given by an employer or school.

Once ingested, most of the psilocybin is converted into psilocin within the first hour. Most of the psilocin is then excreted within the first 8 hours...but portions remain in the system for several weeks.

took the words right outta my mouth.:lol:

#6 Stenciler

Stenciler

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

I'm inclined to agree, if it's this friday with a test next week you'll be fine. Unless they pay the extra mile for the ..."peripherals"... (unlikely unless they have a govt budget) you're set for space ;)

#7 Myc

Myc

Mycotopiate

• App Administrator
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

Don't sweat it.
80% of the psilocyn is excreted through the urine within a few hours of ingestion. ~Hence, the shamanic practice of feeding various sacred mushrooms to reindeer, bovines, etc......catching and consuming the excreted urine~
The rest quickly decays over the next 72 hours - thereabouts - depending on the dose.
It is not stored in fat deposits and is extremely difficult to detect 3 days after consumption ~ unless you're giving a hair follicle as a sample.....
You're way good my man! Relax and have a great time.

#8 chrisbossjake

chrisbossjake

Dr. Bluishgreen thumb

• VIP
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

I'm inclined to agree, if it's this friday with a test next week you'll be fine. Unless they pay the extra mile for the ..."peripherals"... (unlikely unless they have a govt budget) you're set for space ;)

I have a Govt job and they dont test for psily, but im not saying that they cant request a specific test if there is suspicion. They test for exactly what davedc said.

#9 ishkaboo

ishkaboo

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

You really shouldn't have anything to worry about, usually drug tests only test for the NIDA-5 substances, as mentioned above.

Your chances of getting caught doing mushrooms or LSD by a drug test are VERY VERY minimal. I would not stress it whatsoever, unless it is a drug test for the military in which case it has been reported that they can test for LSD and other hallucinogens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shrooms

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!