Pesa pins: invitro saves the day
Posted 18 February 2005 - 03:55 PM
Posted 18 February 2005 - 04:38 PM
I like the veils staying in one peice when they attached, looks purty
Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:00 PM
Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:04 PM
Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:20 PM
Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:53 PM
Posted 19 February 2005 - 12:22 AM
Posted 19 February 2005 - 02:27 AM
Posted 19 February 2005 - 02:34 AM
Posted 19 February 2005 - 02:42 AM
Posted 19 February 2005 - 03:02 AM
Posted 19 February 2005 - 03:07 AM
so by the time the other casing is finished flushing it should be pinning up again. :D
Posted 19 February 2005 - 08:31 AM
Posted 19 February 2005 - 08:43 AM
Posted 19 February 2005 - 01:18 PM
Posted 27 February 2005 - 11:54 PM
next are some pics of the second casing i was talking about ^^^.. the first flush was 106g wet.. it was dunked and towel dryed... this time no casing was added... trying to figure out which i like better... this is pinning for the second flush... all the pins seem to be on this side one side of the sub..
Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:10 AM
actually this clone came from an pesa invitro jar.. it was the only pesa jar from that run to make it... i'm thinking the print was comtamed b/c out of 4 PF jars and 2 rye jars.. all of them contamed.. i left the contamed pf jars to fruit invitro in hopes of getting something i could clone.. well one of the jars had this fruit growing 3/4 of the way around it.. so it got cleaned and cloned
i've long known that
even partially contam'd jars
often still fruited invitro
but you're the first i've heard
to actually use that fact
to your advantage.
you found a way
without any agar,
to get a good tissue sample
from a bad print.
Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:36 PM
once i saw the jars going bad i set them in a cooler in the closet for a week or so... i would take them out and expose to light every few days... within a month i saw the first pins appear... all of the jars actually started to pin right next to the contamed areas first... which i though kind of strange...
it bears mentioning that not only did i get a clean tissue sample from that jar.. but by the time i harvested the invitro fruits the myc had taken over the contamed areas... and with a little bleach dunk i got a 2nd flush..
the methiod i used for cloning was just a simple karo cloning tek with a quick h2o2 dunk of the myc material in an clean bathroom... open air on the counter.. i let the fruit dry for a day in open air so it was kinda tough... then wiped the whole outside of the fruit off with alcholo before starting..
i am currently running some dirty PR spores through in hopes of similar results.. i will keep you up dated on how it goes
Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:51 PM
Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:17 AM