#1 dpwishy

dpwishy

A Fisher Of Souls

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 1,987 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

For the longest time I was throwing away good material and not even knowing it! I evolved a tek of my own based off of marsfold's, doing 2-3 2 hour + acid soaks. Usually I would end with a little less than a gallon of red solution per pound of bark. After these 2-3 extractions were done on the bark, the bark was always thrown away. I was always getting good results, so I figured I was getting everything.

A tip was given by a fellow topian that lead to a discovery that amazed me. I wanted to clear out my house and live in a safe zone again so I went through my house and threw everything out, in this cleaning I found 3 kilos of bark that was already extracted with, given at least 2 acid soaks, probably 3. Thinking what the hell, I got nothing to lose before I throw it out, I decided to try a tip given to me. I was told if your still pulling color, there is still magic, and wow was he right!

I took the 3 kilos and broke them up into 500g groups, 52 g's more than a pound. Each batch was extracted for 2 hours, each time the water coming out a very clear pink, nothing like the dark red I was used to. I kept adding more water and extracting until the water came out almost clear. Each pound had about 3-4 gallons of water, and I still could have gone further to make sure I was only getting clear water. I took all these gallons together and reduced to a single gallon (took 24 hours+) that was basified and pulled from. To my astonishment I had 3.7 g's of very very clean spice, spice that was taken from bark I thought was already done and toast, so my advice and tip is to hold on to it, keep acid soaking the bark until your water comes out clear, then reduce all those down to a normal amount. You will be getting tons of stuff you were leaving behind, that's about 75 doses that would have been tossed. Like I was told, if your pulling color, you're pulling magic, combine and reduce......

:) Figured id pass it on, I was truly amazed.

love, peace, compassion and respect
-wishy
  • Lefty, claykrys, Ras Asad and 2 others like this

#2 claykrys

claykrys

Still at it

• Expired Member
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

3.7!!! wow Im gonna have to give that a try next time. An extra 8 ball of D would definatly be worth the effort. Thanks for the tip.

#3 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:26 PM

Wow...:eusa_clap

#4 duaut

duaut

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:29 AM

Bet that was A.L.
I've told people about this method here and other forums for a couple years through PM's, and it finally passed to you. Nice.
No one here on Mycotopia ever believed me so I never passed it on as a post.
That's how I get a +2% conversion from powder to DMT.
1lb MHRB powder can take up to 10gallons of water washing to go clear, its allot of work, but well worth it people.
STB sucks and is a waste of time. A/B is the only way to extract DMT.
If it's still pink there is mucho magic!
  • Shadowlord and Rhyno like this

#5 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

Nice work DP!
How much you usually pull from a kg before you throw it out? :eusa_thin

#6 dpwishy

dpwishy

A Fisher Of Souls

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 1,987 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:22 AM

Around average if the bark is of good quality, id say anywhere from .9-1.2%, depending on how bad I want to work at pulling and so on, but usually ill just do 3 250ml pulls and toss it. I was wondering how people were claiming to get 1.8% and so on, and was lead to this tip.

Now comes my retirement from a hobby I tried 4 years perfecting and helping others with. Although my help and knowledge will continue, my personal experience in the process will end with this, but I look forward in helping the community push forward with the knowledge we all strive and burn for, the fundamental truths that sit inside us all, abiotic and biotic.
God bless you all, I love you :)

"when you get the message, hang up the phone..."
-Alan Watts

Love, peace, compassion and respect
-wishy
  • lysergic likes this

#7 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

:bow:

#8 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:15 PM

everytime i think i got something down someone has to post something that makes me think! thought i had my next project pland out but now i gota rethink!

#9 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

everytime i think i got something down someone has to post something that makes me think! thought i had my next project pland out but now i gota rethink!

same here :lol:
  • Shadowlord likes this

#10 beardedlady

beardedlady

Documented Deemster

• Expired Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:45 PM

I'm sure you got your results and they are correct, but how does pulling colour out of the bark have anything to do with there being spice?

I thought the colour was from tannins in the bark.

#11 weed4all

weed4all

Cosmic Traveler

• Free Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

damn bro thanks for the tip:bow:
mabey ill unpack my gear and try this out for myself

#12 dpwishy

dpwishy

A Fisher Of Souls

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 1,987 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

I'm sure you got your results and they are correct, but how does pulling colour out of the bark have anything to do with there being spice? I thought the colour was from tannins in the bark.

You got to look at it like a cup of tea. If your making a cup of tea, every time you use the same tea bag, it will get lighter and lighter, but in each of those will be the tea, just at lower and lower ratio's/potency. Same concept with the bark, when your doing these acid soaks, the spice just doesn't come out leaving behind the tannins, everything is going to be leached together, so if you see color, that's an indication that your still pulling from your material, and a certain ratio of this will be spice. This solution may be super super super weak in concentration, but that's why you combine and reduce to a single volume to basify and pull from.

love, peace, compassion and respect
-wishy

#13 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

Damn!! And to think of all the bark SWIM disposed of after only three soaks!! :eusa_doh:

Usually, the liquid is still a bit pink/red on the third soak, although, it's significantly less dark...

#14 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

<< Archive material >>

#15 berrygood

berrygood

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:46 PM

how'd you reduce all that water?

#16 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:05 PM

Boil it away! large stock pot works great...
  • Shadowlord likes this

#17 LSDarkstar

LSDarkstar

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:22 AM

dp , I love you too brother !

your work and love lives my friend. I often think of you , each time I inspect or tweek out the greenhouse I can't help but feel that love .... I'm soo glad that your equipment holds THAT energy. God Bless You as well !!

Did you ph any differently ( as oppossed to the 3 - 250 ml usual pulls) while eeking out the last of the goodness ? Just wondering if an acidity of 2 could coax more WAZZ out of the "spent" material. 10 % foodgrade phosphoric acid, I've noticed, is fanfreekintastic has my gold star of approval...........

Great recovery...... 75 reasons to give thanks !!!!!!

Daut...do you have any insight on prefered ph or type of acid solution to coax out spent stock piles. I agree...A/B all the way.

Just curious , if various acid solutions were used ( vinegar, hydrochloric, tartric, etc) on separate extractions....... couldn't a single acid (phosphoric) be used effectively to yank the goodness from these "leftovers" ? They wouldn't somehow lock up would they (not sure thats the correct term)..... rendering the extraction ineffective?

Thanks for any responses.

Once Again...I luv you ALL,
LSD

#18 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

hey man i got just what you need. Pretty soon il embark on a huge acid soak on a batch. i plan to do a plain distiled water soak, then citric acid for a few, then finish up with phosphoric acid. I plan to use about 8 gallons total per pound of bark. reduce then continue.

#19 dpwishy

dpwishy

A Fisher Of Souls

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 1,987 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:30 AM

dp , I love you too brother !

your work and love lives my friend. I often think of you , each time I inspect or tweek out the greenhouse I can't help but feel that love .... I'm soo glad that your equipment holds THAT energy. God Bless You as well !!

:love: Thank you for such kind words, you made my day :)

Did you ph any differently

No, when I make my acid soaks, they are all made the same way. I take a qt jar, fill it to the 2 cup line with vinegar, top the rest of that jar off with distilled water, then add one more full qt jar of distilled water. That's all I do to measure that stuff, I haven't checked the ph in years, this seems to be a very good ratio. It doesn't take much to leach it out as you're using heat also which speeds up the process as is, mimosa is also pretty acidic on its own. I find vinegar more than enough to acidify your water.

Love, peace, compassion and respect
-wishy

#20 LSDarkstar

LSDarkstar

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

extrememental - shweeet. right on , thanks for the heads up and ...very cool that yer on it. Definately paying attention to attention !!!!! Thanks .
yeah man, time to empty out the freezer and make some more space...... ..... space is the place.

dpwishy - nice thread bro, and yeah "Barkive Material" ! (you do it again !)
thanks for the info on the ph too , I never ph the vinegar either. Just followed the standard and have been happy. Sweet Dreams my friend and follow your Heart. Man, what an inspiration....if only we could all be as kind as you !!! ~~~~ :love:~~~~ ( back at ya )

Hair Peace ,
LSD

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!