• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 perrch01

perrch01

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:24 AM

If you are conserned at all, which it doesn't sound like you should be, just make them in tea

#22 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:17 AM

sounds like "trich" got the cake. trich spores are not harmful to humans but will kill your projects and if the green ones are let loose into a room, the trich will grab a foothold and reak havoc on future grows until the room is bleach bombed.

#23 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:35 AM

Most cakes end up green eventually if left long enough but if they were fine when you picked the shrooms why would there be a problem? If the shrooms grew nice and healthy then they are. Mushrooms affected by contams look it...spindly...sickly...unappetizing...

#24 teletrue

teletrue

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:13 PM

Oh yeah, it was def. trich..seen it before, and had it wipe out a small fish tank this time..luckily harvest happened beforrrre hand..

#25 InfectedMushroom420

InfectedMushroom420

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:12 PM

Hi,

I got a few cakes with pins and tiny shrooms out of the jar. One of these cakes is to be broken up and used to grow more mycilum in another container with mroe cake mix.

Question is: Do I just cut these little shrooms and pins off before breaking hte cake up? If so, like right up to the cake?

Cheers!

#26 maidenofiron

maidenofiron

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:21 PM

if you grab them by the base, it should be real easy to just pluck them right off clean

#27 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,165 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:13 PM

One of these cakes is to be broken up and used to grow more mycilum in another container with mroe cake mix.

What kind of cake mix? Duncan Hines? Chocolate? Hee Hee.
Sorry InfectedMushroom, I couldn't help myself.

#28 hydrodad

hydrodad

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:53 PM

I agree. Just pluck from the base and toss that cake into the mix and you will be fine. The pins usually come off much easier than fully formed fruits.

#29 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:53 AM

pick before crumbling........ but since the cake is already starting to fruit i would just let it fruit as a cake

#30 kingstrrophariad

kingstrrophariad

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:10 AM

I agree. Just pluck from the base and toss that cake into the mix and you will be fine. The pins usually come off much easier than fully formed fruits.

really? for me its those little buggers that give me shit! sometimes there on there REAL good! but then again this strain i isolated is like this the last one they came right of no problem. its interesting the variety of mushrooms and there respective properties.

#31 InfectedMushroom420

InfectedMushroom420

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:33 PM

What kind of cake mix? Duncan Hines? Chocolate? Hee Hee.
Sorry InfectedMushroom, I couldn't help myself.

Yes! My favorite hehe.

Really I'm trying something new (well all is new to me so far). Mixing one of these with 4 jars of cake mix in a 1 gal bag and let incubate.

Cheers :)

#32 InfectedMushroom420

InfectedMushroom420

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:36 PM

pick before crumbling........ but since the cake is already starting to fruit i would just let it fruit as a cake

I would agree but I have a few extra to work with. I started with alot in case many didnt make it but out of 4 strains and 48 jars, 3 didn't take and 2 infected so I have 43 jars left :) I have 40 cakes already in my grow chambers, so I thought well heck, I can afford a couple to learn something new :)

#33 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:49 PM

well keep studying and experimenting

never was too much of a fan of crumbling cakes myself.......

#34 InfectedMushroom420

InfectedMushroom420

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:41 PM

well keep studying and experimenting

never was too much of a fan of crumbling cakes myself.......

I don't know if I'll like it or not but the jist was, multiply 1 cake into 5 within 6 days. I'll let you know how it turns out :)

#35 InfectedMushroom420

InfectedMushroom420

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 10:36 AM

Hi again :)

This is picking up speed on me woot!!!

Anyway, after clearing a few cakes of mushies and pins or aborts, I am dunking, but what I'm concerned about is HOW to clean the cake properly for the next flush prior to dunking.

I have the picking down, it's easy but that fleshy stuff embedded from a fruit cluster has me perterbed. I've been trying to scrap some off with my nail, you know the parts that are like deeply embedded?

I have no idea what Im doing. Do I need to get it that clean?

Thanks for any advice ! :D

Cheers

#36 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2005 - 10:45 AM

I used to use a knife to scrape the tops off.. but now I don't. Just pick off the big stuff and dunk away.
with bulk pans i don't even remove the block and dunk anymore.... i just pour in some water.... let it soak a bit, and pour out excess....

you'll get a feel for it....

#37 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:18 PM

Don't worry so much about the embedded stuff.

#38 hydrodad

hydrodad

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 12:36 AM

Yep, it will be ok. During the dunk many little aborts, ect. will come off in the water. But... if you want a strain that will fall off of the cakes especially nice and clean with VERY minimal to no embedded stuff (if ever), virtualy no aborts (as compared to B+), try Mexi cubes. They also have a more visual and less speedy trip and their smaller size makes for very nice looking gifts. After all... most of my friends would rather have a jumbo hand full of smaller shrooms as compared to just a few big ones (or so has been my expierence). But to each his own. Just depends on what one's friends really want as holliday gifts.

#39 InfectedMushroom420

InfectedMushroom420

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 12:49 AM

try Mexi cubes.

Hey Hydrodad,

Is Mexi the name or short for a longer name?

Also although smaller, will it produce roughly the same yeild per cake?

And where could I get them? My last & only supplier (since it was my first time) really was very unexceptable on how they handled or should I say didn't handle a problem which cost me. They were also very unprofessional. I won't mention it was something101. shhh don't tell anyone. lol

Thanks!

IM420

#40 perrch01

perrch01

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:04 AM

Mexi-cub is the name. Stick to the vendors here and you will not have a problem at all. YOu will get around the same yield per cake, usually.

As far as potency goes, a cube is a cube, is a cube, in my experience, with little exception. Somethimes they are more potent than others but it is a roll of the genetic dice and luck, one couldn't really eat a handful of shrooms and say without question that they were Creeprs, or they were transki, etc. just by the way the trip was

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!