• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 M&M420

M&M420

Eternity Intern

• Validating
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

Obama notes that one of the most popular questions posed online was "whether legalizing marijuana would improve the economy and job creation." "I don't know what that says about the online audience," the president says with chuckle.
"The answer is no, I don't think that is a good strategy to grow our economy."

http://content.usato...9/03/64660185/1

:thumbdown: Too bad he didn't want to elaborate on the subject

#2 Aqua Velva

Aqua Velva

One Day At a Time

• Expired Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

No time for that "change we can believe in". He's focusing his attention on ruining the economy and getting the government involved in every facet of our lives right now. ;)

#3 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

Moved thread to proper forum

#4 AmBe

AmBe

ubuntu

• Expired Member
  • 809 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

It would be much harder to push for a new world currency if our economy stabilized.

#5 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

Obama is a joke and a fool. He is going to rape this country harder then its ever been raped before. He is nothing but a silver tounged snake who can speak elegontly and coherece the country to believe he is the right choice. His goal is to make us more and more dependent on the government while at the same time making us weaker. A democratic president with a democratic house is pretty much the worst thing that could have happend to us. Most of our country (mainly inner cities) now depends on the goverments help...whereas when we were the America to be proud of we were an independent people who knew the value of work. Nowadays everyone is just looking for handouts. Its fucking pathetic. And this sorry piece of shit of a president is just encouraging it more. Except now Corporate CEO's and Banks and such are sticking there hands out now. Our country is on the verge of collapse. Every democracy in history has fallen because of exactly what is going on in the USA now. They almost all start of super strong and independent but over time the citizens become to attatched to the governments tits and can't seem to let go. Unless we steer clear from this path of dependence we are on now, we are doomed to die.

pce

#6 Lefty

Lefty

Arrogant Asshole

• Expired Member
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

Your argeuament seems to lack something, I can't put my fonger on it.
  • manjotar and Soliver like this

#7 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

i was going to post about this. it's really lame. im a little disappointed in the pres today :eusa_snoo, brushed the whole question off like all 3 million people who voted for that question were a bunch of pothead goofballs. a little insulting IMO. i don't smoke pot but i really wish someone would smack some sense into lawmakers and legalize it already.

and hey grimes, dont give yourself an ulcer :)

#8 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

Obama is a joke and a fool. He is going to rape this country harder then its ever been raped before. He is nothing but a silver tounged snake who can speak elegontly and coherece the country to believe he is the right choice. His goal is to make us more and more dependent on the government while at the same time making us weaker. A democratic president with a democratic house is pretty much the worst thing that could have happend to us. Most of our country (mainly inner cities) now depends on the goverments help...whereas when we were the America to be proud of we were an independent people who knew the value of work. Nowadays everyone is just looking for handouts. Its fucking pathetic. And this sorry piece of shit of a president is just encouraging it more. Except now Corporate CEO's and Banks and such are sticking there hands out now. Our country is on the verge of collapse. Every democracy in history has fallen because of exactly what is going on in the USA now. They almost all start of super strong and independent but over time the citizens become to attatched to the governments tits and can't seem to let go. Unless we steer clear from this path of dependence we are on now, we are doomed to die.

pce

ummm OK then you would rather be left with another George Bush then I take it, I would rather have BOZO the clown as president then another Idiot bush or one of his cronies. ANYONE is better than what we have had. Personally, Hes done more in the 2 or so months hes been in office then bush or his predisesors did in 8 year they were president whether it be good or bad atleast he is doing something.

Your argument seems to be based on him being a democrat, Well, I don't see any gold on my lap from the republians that were president, me thinks your argument is more based upon other features of his other than the fact he is a democrat.

Yes I do think him shooting down the legalization of MJ is not the best thing but, one must consider that the states must first make it legal before the gov ever will.

#9 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

pfftt... he is a fkn clown.

another funny thing (off topic)... is when they started the Change.gov website.. for the PEOPLE to say what they feel the most important issues are.. one of the top issues the people wanted talked about was "UFO disclosure" and truth on the subject.. it ranked one of the highest...

but now.. try to find that one on the site of all the peoples requests..

tis no longer anywhere to be seen. lol

Cannabis reform and disclosure were two of the most requested things.... even above fixing this piece of shit economy....

almost as if.. they said....

"ok, lets start a website to find out what the ameriKan people want most.. then make sure they do not get it"

lol.. wtf.

i am soo fkn done with this cuntry.

#10 Arabesque

Arabesque

Pimposaurus-Rex

• Expired Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

I'm going to put forward that it is very early in his presidency. He is being judged by everyone constantly. It's not prudent for him to be so "liberal" all at once. Maybe later in his term he will be able to play the legalization card; once the opposition cools down a little methinks.

#11 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:29 PM

This really wasn't a big surprise, he has stated as much already.
There are bills coming up in Mass. and in Cali. for full legalization of marijuana.

Obama has said he will let states decide for themselves, this may be the best scenario.
One state at a time.

#12 Arabesque

Arabesque

Pimposaurus-Rex

• Expired Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

i am soo fkn done with this cuntry.

#13 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:37 PM

thanks Arabesque,
:love:

also..... just for the record.....
i voted for his lame ass..
so i will talk all the shit in the world about him if i feel its needed. lol
(if hes going to make me look like a dick for voting for him, im flingin lottsa turds at him). lol

i agree tho.. it is still early....

but to be perfectly honest....
he hasnt impressed me yet.. except with his word play.

actually.. even tho it is still early...
imho.. he has been more of a disappointment than anything else.
(no i am not surprised).

#14 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

we aren't asking ya to stay LOL J/k ras you know we loves ya

#15 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

we aren't asking ya to stay LOL J/k ras you know we loves ya

:lol: thanks bro..

but first of all........ i do not plan to stay (in amerikkka)..

2nd: ... Topia', I am staying at,
(even after im out of this turdhole of a cuntry) ..
but you'll have to boot my ass real good to get rid of me here.

I wont leave here(topia) willingly....
but ill be the first in line to gtfo of amerika. lol

an the love is mutual . lol :love:

#16 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

Unlike most other countrys that are tightening their reigns on marijuana.
The U.S appears to be heading towards a more compassionate stance.

Did you really think Obama was going to agree that the drug marijuana can save our economy? That would have been pretty wild if he had...

The real savior will be hemp, with its myriad of uses, all untapped at this point.
You legalize marijuana, you legalize hemp.
You legalize hemp, you create hundreds of industry's.
Once one or two states go legal, it will be game over for the man.
  • Ras Asad likes this

#17 Jordan86

Jordan86

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

He's trying to score a massive budget right now, he's not going to risk loosing more support for that by pushing something controversial that isn't big on his agenda anyways.

It would be awesome if he went out and said marijuana should be legalized. I'm pleased at least he's not taking an aggressive role against pot, particularly so far he said he doesn't plan to raid dispensaries and seems to be open to letting the states decide. The way I would see marijuana being legalized would be a couple of states passing it, proving that it works, a couple of more passing it, then when the mood is right federal legislation to cover the rest of the states. I think it will take steps.
  • Doctor D, warriorsoul and Ras Asad like this

#18 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

ahh, well said warriorsoul!

thanks for giving me a different perspective.
( im out of weed, so i needed that) lol. :love:

you to jordan. :bow:

#19 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

Anyone thinking or expecting the President to just come on out and say yes to legalizing marijuana is just a fool or delusional. That wouldn't happen no matter who was in office. There is absolutely no reason for him to do that and its really the wrong way to try and go about legalization anyway. You need the movement to come from the ground up, grassroots. Laws that challenge social stigmas don't really work well when handed down as some mandate from Washington DC.

He has already taken steps forward since the new att. general took his place to make sure the Feds stop stepping all over state law, which is the first step to legalization and spreading medical marijuana. If you ever expect real legalization to come or medical marijuana to get more wide-spread, you're going to have to show a little more patience and maturity, be happy with taking baby-steps as long as they are in the right direction and moving along with good discussion and understanding.

To jump ship over just this question/answer is SILLY.
  • Lefty and Jordan86 like this

#20 ponyboy

ponyboy

MR.Who

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

[quote name='grimes390']Obama is a joke and a fool. He is going to rape this country harder then its ever been raped before. He is nothing but a silver tounged snake who can speak elegontly and coherece the country to believe he is the right choice. His goal is to make us more and more dependent on the government while at the same time making us weaker. A democratic president with a democratic house is pretty much the worst thing that could have happend to us. Most of our country (mainly inner cities) now depends on the goverments help...whereas when we were the America to be proud of we were an independent people who knew the value of work. Nowadays everyone is just looking for handouts. Its fucking pathetic. And this sorry piece of shit of a president is just encouraging it more. Except now Corporate CEO's and Banks and such are sticking there hands out now. Our country is on the verge of collapse. Every democracy in history has fallen because of exactly what is going on in the USA now. They almost all start of super strong and independent but over time the citizens become to attatched to the governments tits and can't seem to let go. Unless we steer clear from this path of dependence we are on now, we are doomed to die.

pce[/quote

I believe all the profits spoke well of this day and the key players... we've all been warned many many many times!!!!!!
time to dispell the corruption!!!!!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!