140 replies to this topic

#21 ponyboy

ponyboy

MR.Who

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

pfftt... he is a fkn clown.

another funny thing (off topic)... is when they started the Change.gov website.. for the PEOPLE to say what they feel the most important issues are.. one of the top issues the people wanted talked about was "UFO disclosure" and truth on the subject.. it ranked one of the highest...

but now.. try to find that one on the site of all the peoples requests..

tis no longer anywhere to be seen. lol

Cannabis reform and disclosure were two of the most requested things.... even above fixing this piece of shit economy....

almost as if.. they said....

lol.. wtf.

i am soo fkn done with this cuntry.

me too!!!!!!

#22 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

lol, flel free to come with ponyboy. lol

I am me: To jump ship over just this question/answer is SILLY.

definitely!!
too bad i didnt realize it til i opened my big yap. lol

thanks ppls.
i do "jump ship" over this govt. BS more often than i should. ...
fuck i cant stand them. lol
but everything else i said stands. :lol:

:bow:

#23 Santiago

Santiago

Shepherd

• Expired Member
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

He's trying to score a massive budget right now, he's not going to risk loosing more support for that by pushing something controversial that isn't big on his agenda anyways.

It would be awesome if he went out and said marijuana should be legalized. I'm pleased at least he's not taking an aggressive role against pot, particularly so far he said he doesn't plan to raid dispensaries and seems to be open to letting the states decide. The way I would see marijuana being legalized would be a couple of states passing it, proving that it works, a couple of more passing it, then when the mood is right federal legislation to cover the rest of the states. I think it will take steps.

Jordan, I like your scenario, but let's be mindful of one thing - if you want to rein in the US government to make way for state's rights on marijuana, and then, when the mood is right, have a sweeping federal law passed, this is just as wrong. I PERSONALLY believe that this is a PERSONAL decision. However, from a legislation standpoint, I'd much rather see good state legislation over federal. If I'm in Bumblefcuk Alabama and they're never going to legalize pot, and I want to stop watching my back more than I want to live in Alabama, I'll just move.

#24 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

besides....

Obama sucks down cigs like cancer is in style....

he best not talk smack about folks smoking ganja. lol
:rasta:

#25 Santiago

Santiago

Shepherd

• Expired Member
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

I'd like to amend my previous thought a little.

I agree that federal legislation should be passed to legalize marijuana - in all instances. HOWEVER, I also believe that state's rights should supercede federal legislation. So, while many states will have no problem adhering to the new federal legislation, some states might want to exert a little more control. That's up to the people living in that state as to whether or not they want to be subjected to that.

That being said, I think that after the federal government gives the OK (if it ever does - which I'm not holding my breath for) the use of marijuana, most state politicians views will relax on the issue too. Then instead of the federal government to please, their sole worry is on their local voters.

#26 M&M420

M&M420

Eternity Intern

• Validating
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

You all did make some good points.I wasn't really expecting him to come out and say he was for it but I was hoping.Which as I_am_me stated is pretty silly.Though I do agree it should be up to the state and not feds I have a feeling that mine would be the very last to make such changes.I'm with ras on this one and have had all I can take with the us.Wish it was just as simple of packing up and moving to Canada.I would have been gone a long time ago

#27 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:46 PM

me to bro...

Ive been studying up on, and learning about becoming an immigrant to New Zealand.
Also Iceland. lol :love:

but yeah.. it is much more difficult to do so than it should be imho.

#28 ponyboy

ponyboy

MR.Who

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

me to bro...

Ive been studying up on, and learning about becoming an immigrant to New Zealand.
Also Iceland. lol :love:

but yeah.. it is much more difficult to do so than it should be imho.

had a friend who went to New Zealand was told it was a good choice!

#29 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:15 PM

definitely is!!

Ive got a few friends there,
and my heart is set on it.
I will get there.
and i will not come back. lol

Iceland seems pretty amazing to tho,
i know a girl who was born and lives there..
and its an amazing place! :heart:
but i only know one or two people there..
Id know more in NZ. lol

#30 manjotar

manjotar

Disciple of Boognish

• Expired Member
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

definitely is!!

Ive got a few friends there,
and my heart is set on it.
I will get there.
and i will not come back. lol

Iceland seems pretty amazing to tho,
i know a girl who was born and lives there..
and its an amazing place! :heart:
but i only know one or two people there..
Id know more in NZ. lol

i was doing some reading up on new zealand immigration laws too,
you've got to have some good professional qualifications to get in there...

#31 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:19 PM

New Zealand and Iceland are both nice places but their governments have just as many problems. Its just really a trade off. I've read a lot of rough times have hit Iceland lately. There aren't many countries where you can live where government isn't going to play a huge role in your life and limiting your "choices". The states are pretty high up there on the free-country-to-live-in list. The whole European union is just as shady as the American government and it doesn't just stop there. Not to mention any country that doesn't have a big brother type in control is usually ran by warlords and exists in partial lawlessness.

There is no utopia, its all about just finding a piece of ground you like good enough to put up with all the bullshit around it. If New Zealand winds up being that for you, awesome. Personally outside of what I read and when I keep up on the "news", the government plays a fairly small role in how I lead my life daily.

#32 ponyboy

ponyboy

MR.Who

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:23 PM

New Zealand and Iceland are both nice places but their governments have just as many problems. Its just really a trade off. I've read a lot of rough times have hit Iceland lately. There aren't many countries where you can live where government isn't going to play a huge role in your life and limiting your "choices". The states are pretty high up there on the free-country-to-live-in list. The whole European union is just as shady as the American government and it doesn't just stop there. Not to mention any country that doesn't have a big brother type in control is usually ran by warlords and exists in partial lawlessness.

There is no utopia, its all about just finding a piece of ground you like good enough to put up with all the bullshit around it. If New Zealand winds up being that for you, awesome. Personally outside of what I read and when I keep up on the "news", the government plays a fairly small role in how I lead my life daily.

Ya i agree... the only thing ta do is dispel the coruption or submit to its slavery! wwoohoo messathiea!

#33 kodiak

kodiak

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

Oh, I am so F'n surprised..............NOT!

[quote name='I_am_me']Anyone thinking or expecting the President to just come on out and say yes to legalizing marijuana is just a fool or delusional. That wouldn't happen no matter who was in office. There is absolutely no reason for him to do that and its really the wrong way to try and go about legalization anyway.

Well said. Who in their right mind is expecting the president of the USA to approve of legalization. c'mon, seriously

...maybe if I were the president, hahahah

its too early to determine if what Barack is doing is good, or bad
God bless the USA

#34 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:48 PM

well said, again.. I am me. :heart:
thanks.

yeah manjotar,
you do need good professional qualifications in order to migrate there.
which isnt very hard to get around, if you have some skills.

My friends there tell me that its actually not quite as difficult as its made to sound. ;)

#35 squizzlix

squizzlix

Atlantean Twins

• Free Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:54 PM

Obama is a joke and a fool. He is going to rape this country harder then its ever been raped before. He is nothing but a silver tounged snake who can speak elegontly and coherece the country to believe he is the right choice. His goal is to make us more and more dependent on the government while at the same time making us weaker. A democratic president with a democratic house is pretty much the worst thing that could have happend to us. Most of our country (mainly inner cities) now depends on the goverments help...whereas when we were the America to be proud of we were an independent people who knew the value of work. Nowadays everyone is just looking for handouts. Its fucking pathetic. And this sorry piece of shit of a president is just encouraging it more. Except now Corporate CEO's and Banks and such are sticking there hands out now. Our country is on the verge of collapse. Every democracy in history has fallen because of exactly what is going on in the USA now. They almost all start of super strong and independent but over time the citizens become to attatched to the governments tits and can't seem to let go. Unless we steer clear from this path of dependence we are on now, we are doomed to die.

pce

death isn't bad.
its like being born.

everything is going according to plan.
look at the silver tongued silver lining.
1 war is being wrapped up.
thats one less fraudulent war.
is money that much more important than human life?
a big brother NWO one world government
could not survive for too long.

and we at least have a president that can finish
not only words and thoughts.....
....but sentences too!
sure his economic plans seem extreme....
will they stop the sun from shining?
will they stop the rain from falling?
no,
so we should be just fine.

#36 0omnidirectional

0omnidirectional

0omnitologist

• Expired Member
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:56 PM

no,

This is an excellent point.

#37 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:09 AM

Well he has opened the door by calling off the feds ..This is all up to the States now, so think local for legalization efforts..

#38 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by squizzlix Posted Image
no,

dont forget.. we do need clean air to breathe, (gettin shittier oxygen by the day)
and clean water to drink.
(even though clean water for everyone on the planet apparently isnt that important to many)

I am optimistic that all will be fine..
I am almost sure of it....
But, as an entire Planet.. we need a bit more than sunshine and rain.
(clean rain, that is).

and i dunno if anyones noticed.. but air quality (and rain quality) are not quite up to par these days.

Im still sure all will be fine...

but not if we dont start doing something to clean up all the turds we've dropped in our own backyards... and quit, dropping them.

sure, all (or most) things wpould still prolly go on...
But wouldnt we rather , not have to walk the earth in gas masks and rebreathers.
or living under domes.

no thanks.
I will have my spaceship come and pick me up if that happens. :lol:

:love:

#39 squizzlix

squizzlix

Atlantean Twins

• Free Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:17 AM

dont forget.. we do need clean air to breathe, (gettin shittier oxygen by the day)
and clean water to drink.
(even though clean water for everyone on the planet apparently isnt that important to many)

I am optimistic that all will be fine..
I am almost sure of it....
But, as an entire Planet.. we need a bit more than sunshine and rain.
(clean rain, that is).

and i dunno if anyones noticed.. but air quality (and rain quality) are not quite up to par these days.

Im still sure all will be fine...

but not if we dont start doing something to clean up all the turds we've dropped in our own backyards... and quit, dropping them.

sure, all (or most) things wpould still prolly go on...
But wouldnt we rather , not have to walk the earth in gas masks and rebreathers.
or living under domes.

no thanks.
I will have my spaceship come and pick me up if that happens. :lol:

:love:

by that point i feel we will have assumed another form.
the earth is our birth sack,
once we use its resources,
its away with this fleshy nonsense.
we'll be spiritual ufos singing others into creation.
everything is natural and naturally occurring.
even the destruction of our planet.
kind of sad to watch slowly happen,
i am rather attached to the ol' planet.
but it is what it be and we are what we it.
to the stars i say,
to the STARS!
  • Ras Asad and 0omnidirectional like this

#40 kodiak

kodiak

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:21 AM

I love weed, I wish it were decriminalized/ legalized. But I would be lying to myself and all of you if I said that legalizing herb is the solution to the countries economic problems, its not. its just herbal medicine. Hemp is useful, but it isnt going to do much to create jobs, or stimulate economic growth.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!