2867 replies to this topic

#2821 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2021 - 01:38 PM

The fact that delicious food means fattening food.

Did I mention we just got a bbq smokehouse that has a bakery in the same building. Well what should I do whilst I wait for my order of taco's and ribs... Hmm what's that you have delicious homemade cakes and pies here too, oh boy, I mean when in Rome right?

That place pretty much blows my diet for the week, thankfully I have come to realize the benefits of fasting. Did you eat like a dirty pig stuffing your hole all day yesterday, guess what that means you could likely skip eating today and that should balance out the calorie load for the week. It sure helps with the shame thats for sure

• Juthro likes this

#2822 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,083 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2021 - 03:17 PM

LOL, all it needs to go with that would be a brewery.   Nothing like a nice porter, or doppelbock to wash down all those fine smoked meats.... :wub:     :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :ohmy:

• Myc, coorsmikey, bezevo and 1 other like this

#2823 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2021 - 07:55 PM

Amen to that brother, my love for a tasty brew grows more and more each year

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 11 November 2021 - 07:55 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#2824 simplegood78

simplegood78

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 08:26 PM

Went on a short trip over last weekend.  Came home to discover we had a power outage, and our refrigerator not working.  Yesterday, after spending $100 on a repairman's diagnosis, find out the refrigerator would cost $600-700 to fix my 8 year old refrigerator with a life expectancy of 10 years.  The compressor is covered under warranty, but not the labor and other parts that need to be replaced.  Finished tossing out all our food today.  Went refrigerator shopping.  Our new one will be delivered in 2 weeks.  Just when I think I can catch my breath, something like this happens.  Going to have to digest some mushrooms to calm myself down.   Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

I feel a little better.

Does anyone ever buy an appliance warranty?  I don't think they're worth it, but I could be wrong.

Edited by simplegood78, 11 November 2021 - 08:27 PM.

• Juthro and rockyfungus like this

#2825 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,083 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2021 - 08:47 PM

Sorry about your luck, Simplegood, that just plain sucks.

#2826 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,083 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2021 - 07:48 PM

So a good friend of mine had his meth head daughter (who lives lived in the converted garage) set the house on fire (on purpose), and just walk out the door.  There were people, and animals in the house who were sleeping at the time.   Lucky the smoke detectors did their job, and everyone got out ok.   The cops picked her up just a few blocks away, but the house is pretty much destroyed.

I want to say the list of offences is currently at attempted murder, arson, reckless endangerment, cruelty to animals, striking an officer, and there were a couple of more that I don't remember right now.  She is looking at a long vacation.

So my buddy is getting a room for a couple of nights from red cross, and then we'll see what happens next...  Ow what a wonderful year, and holiday season.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20211113_132731.1.jpg

Edited by Juthro, 13 November 2021 - 07:50 PM.

#2827 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,053 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2021 - 11:11 AM

That's really fucked up. But not a surprise when the kind of meth going around these days is involved.

One of my cousins allowed her 26-year old son back into her home in CA after he lost his shit in OK on meth, but she lived in the meth capitol of CA so that didn't really work out. He ended up killing her (his mother) and stuffing her into a chest freezer (with her dog) and kept living there (with their bodies in the freezer) for 8 months until the eviction notice finally came. He went to the beach and blew his brains out the day the Sheriff was supposed to show up and kick him out. He'd also been posting on FB about how his mom was in the hospital with cancer and then that she died in order to gain sympathy and avert suspicion about why no one had seen her in so long.

I've posted this link elsewhere but it's an important message to get out there: https://www.theatlan...ew-meth/620174/

Meth ain't like it used to be, literally.

Opioids are no picnic, either. The adopted son of one of my other cousins (I have a lot of cousins) died from an OD two days ago, and an hour after my sister told me about it she texted me that her best friends' nephew had just done the same thing (a totally unrelated incident).

• Juthro, Salty117, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#2828 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,083 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2021 - 12:03 PM

Sorry about the loss of your family, TV.  Up here the state has squeezed the supply of legit opioids to almost nothing, as part of their plan to cash in on the federal law suit.  Last July I had to go in for an emergency tooth extraction, I was in enough pain they couldn't pull the tooth on my first visit.  All they would give me was a scrip for 800mg ibuprofen, and some antibiotics.   

So the addicts, and other people in need are pushed to buy off the streets.  The problem is that without clean drugs being manufactured by the big pharma being available, the black market uses what they can get their hands on, and this has caused a huge spike in overdoses from fentanyl.  As many people as the opioids were killing, the unknown potency, and purity of their replacement are killing more.

• TVCasualty, FLASHINGROOSTER and simplegood78 like this

#2829 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,053 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2021 - 04:26 PM

Thanks.

All this shit was preventable, but the War on (People With) Drugs is far too lucrative of a gravy train to walk away from.

It's the nasty and pernicious residue of Puritanism that's still stuck to our culture, I suspect.

Pleasure is bad, mm'kay, ye sinners in the hands of an angry, fictitious god!

And the self-righteous assholes tend to assume that addicts are getting "high," as in having a great time. Not sure what it is about drug addiction that makes some people think addicts are getting away with something when they use, and in any case they must not be allowed to do that under any circumstances.

In the interest of protecting our moral righteousness and ensuring a lack of even potential pleasure in life, some people (mostly the devout, of course) are just fine with letting people suffer extreme pain if it means a random stranger isn't getting "high," since that's the worst thing that can happen in their minds, I guess. This is also why the sociopathic "Mother" Teresa wasn't using all the money she was raking in to actually alleviate any suffering since it's the suffering that brought her victims, err I mean patients, closer to god. It's a BDSM religion (ain't they all?), and there's no safe word.

It's all connected.

• Juthro, ElPirana and rockyfungus like this

#2830 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2021 - 11:39 AM

We can thank television for most of our ludicrous stereotypical assumptions about society, like the idea that a drug user is one of the worst things you can be in life. A junkie on the street oh my! All the movies about blow and cartels sure don't help either, they really highlight all the worst aspects of drug culture like gangs. A guy was talking about a popular show like the sopranos and how its written for us to feel sympathy for a psychopathic murderer (Tony) but not a drug addict nephew that he murders (Christopher)

I think it was on a Hamilton episode where they were talking about how the DEA changed their approach to the war on drugs to focus on limiting methods of production. The byproduct being manufacturers having to use less reliable and more dangerous materials and methods to produce the said drug. The original recipe for meth was like three ingredients that now have been long outlawed.

You see the arguments made for legalization of all drugs and most people still think its insane idea because they assume stories like ones above are going to become more frequent. Would clean meth solve our woes of course not, but I would like to believe it sure would reduce incidents of insanity. Drugs are not inherit problem its the abuse of them that is a problem, whether its stuffing in too many twinkies, cigarettes, alcohol, doobies ect. Even spending too much money on the gambling ding dings is a big problem, a level of control must be exercised.

• Salty117 likes this

#2831 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2021 - 08:26 PM

A Rooster re post but it feels on point for the discussion about meth, here is the episode FWIW

[Direct Link]

It reminded me of a connection noted in that article tv posted, as well as myself and the one meth guy in that hamilton episode. The connection with lack of sleep and the effects it has when taking drugs. Personally I find it has the greatest effect on how your going to be feeling the next day, without sleep you can't make memories. Without memories you become a shell of a person

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 15 November 2021 - 08:27 PM.

#2832 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2021 - 04:56 PM

These new high intensity lights on vehicles are ducking ridiculous. Sick of people flashing me thinking my brights are on, sick of me wanting to flash others as well but now that I get annoyingly flashed I quit doing it altogether.

Can we all just turn it down a notch, yeah you can see but nobody else can great! I quit using my brights a long time ago because I was sick of playing that game. Just learned to drive with the dims on unless its a long lonely road.

• roc likes this

#2833 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2021 - 06:17 PM

So there is this guy that lives across from one of the preschools in town. We have heard some stories about him on facebook creeping out women outside the preschool when they are waiting inside their vehicles. The one story was where he was acting all weird and tried to open the passenger car door on one woman and when she asked him wtf he was doing he replied nothing and walked away. So my friends wife had an interaction with this guy yesterday as well. He came over to her vehicle and was knocking on the window. The real messy part of this story is its a small town so it doesn't take long to get a history on someone. We found out it was one of the only people I know around here that was convicted of murder. The story was it was supposedly a drunken argument over a television remote. So they have tried to contact the police and tell them about this guy cruising womens vehicles outside the preschool and they essentially laughed it off. Saying past behavior is no indication of wrong doing, and that they are aware of this person and think he is harmless. Even though he apparently beat somebody up with a crowbar last year. (In case your wondering you don't stay in jail in Canada for very long) The justice system can be so frustrating sometimes when it comes to things like this. It feels like only a matter of time before this guy is going to fuck someones else's life up. All we can do is wait for it to happen.

Buddy is changing pre schools

#2834 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,053 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2021 - 10:29 AM

That kind of stuff reminds me of this old Taoist quote: When society is orderly, you protect yourself with justice. When society is chaotic, you protect justice by yourself.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#2835 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2021 - 05:20 PM

You always think about it, make a comment or two but I doubt I would ever have the stones to actually do such a thing.

This is what we need greasy cops for haha, makes you wonder if some of that corruption worked in the peoples favor the odd time.

No I am mostly joking

Honestly it sort of feels like the No Country For old men story. Sometimes you gotta recognize when your beat and decide to get out of a situation. Going up against people with nothing to lose never usually ends well for anybody. We had a case of revenge around here where a father sought out retribution for his daughter being raped. I think about that situation and in the end what would that daughter have wanted more, revenge, or her father not in prison for a few decades. It's tough stuff

• TVCasualty likes this

#2836 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,053 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2021 - 02:22 PM

I think about that situation and in the end what would that daughter have wanted more, revenge, or her father not in prison for a few decades. It's tough stuff

That's why people must not act out of reactionary rage. Ever.

One must wait until one is calm and rational before deciding how to act.

That greatly increases the probability that one will plan an approach to solving the problem that does not result in suspicion, much less prosecution. Things like alibis and "breadcrumbs" of misleading evidence pointing elsewhere need to be worked out in advance of any retributive actions.

If we're all essentially on our own out here (and when it really counts, we are) then this is about the only option left to most people. And it should be framed as removing an ongoing threat to the public (women and children in particular in most cases) rather than as revenge for what's already happened. Both can be true, but framing matters sometimes.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#2837 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2021 - 11:13 AM

-49 with wind chill this morning eh. FML

Icy death you can go now please

• Juthro likes this

#2838 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,083 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2021 - 03:56 PM

My like is for solidarity, not because I enjoy you suffering :) 

Stay warm, and hydrated Rooster, I feel for you.

• Skywatcher and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#2839 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 3,199 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2022 - 01:34 PM

I visit one person besides family.
Been friends for fifteen plus years.
Enjoy a smoke, laugh, talk about world issues, music.
But he has this other friend who used to be cool.
Untill I told him about a woman I was interested in being in town.
So I'm not jealous of this but he asked me where she was and injected himself on her scene and now they're together.

So I go to my friends house and the new couple are there.
Only she would do things like zero in on me constantly trying to improve me and want to talk all the time.
Asked me to go to the pub with her in front of her boyfriend, just me and her.
Plus making these sighing mewing noises all the time like she's eating something delicious.

But WTF her boyfriend is oblivious to that but pops his eyes out in jealousy if I'm nice to her.
So I walk out to my car to leave and she's leaving at the same time and catches me at my car. It's dark out.
She's trying to make chat and I just look at her like "I'm not. Fucking. Interested"
She leaves.
So I'm visiting my friend again and the twits are there. They're both looking into my face talking at the same time.
I squint at them with one eye trying to take in both different subjects.

Although he was watching my face the whole time, she later accuses me (gets him to ring me and abuse me about giving her some look that freaked her out.)

It was never spoken of in honesty.
So these twisted fuckers are everytime I'm there at the same time pretending to be friendly in front of my real friend but whenever they get the chance taking a bite.
My friend never noticed. Goes straight over his head.
Her boyfriend is too stupid and crunt struck to realise..
So she's convinced him I'm bad.
And he'll jump up swinging if I push back at her bullshit.
You know. Oh yeah my so called real friend let's it go over his head because she's pretty and he never has pretty women in his house. I'm sure he has fingers crossed for a one day gig.
Fuck, you know I'm not going there anymore. They can all have each other.
Thanks for looking out for your mate pal.

#2840 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,053 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2022 - 01:46 PM

If any man ever asked me where I woman I happened to be interested in is I'd tell him a place in whichever part of town she is least likely to ever be.

Compulsive honesty is a security risk as it is rarely met with same.

• Justintime likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!