#2881 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,225 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2022 - 10:53 AM

It is always somehow satisfying  when you watch a load mouth racist pig get his ass handed to him, lol.

That can of monster upside the head would have hurt, lol.  I also find it interesting when an overtly racist pig is trying to talk all ghetto gangster. I mean WTF, it's like why are they are trying to emulate the very stereotype they are bashing?   Do you think maybe it is some kind of identity jealousy?  IDK, but that guy totally deserved to have his ass whooped.

• TVCasualty and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#2882 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,353 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2022 - 08:17 PM

The moment right after where that loser get's smoked with the drink is priceless. The look on his face is pure shock, you can tell he is used to running his mouth not his fists.

• Juthro likes this

#2883 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,225 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2022 - 01:54 PM

So I've got a bit of a petty vent today.   I was planning on going to a high lake near where I live and camp over the weekend with some friends,  BUT.....

I had a visit to the ER about a week ago.   I had a severe bout of vertigo brought on by vestibular neuritis (some inner ear shit).  I was dizzy enough it took 3 medics to get me off the floor, and into the back of the ambulance.  I could communicate, but my eyes couldn't focus to see anything, and all I could do was lay on the floor.  The original concern was that I was having a stroke. 

My inner ear is still major off, just walking down a hallway without bouncing off the walls is currently challenging.   We were planning on doing some hiking, and tripping once we got up to the lake, but there is no way I can do that now.  

It seems I don't get the opportunity to go into real nature and commune near as much as I used to, and it just makes me feel sad.

• Arathu and Skywatcher like this

#2884 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,293 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2022 - 09:00 AM

Hopefully that is a temporary condition and you can get back to a norm Juthro. Sorry to hear about your plans needing to be cancelled, but I agree it would not be a good experience to out in the wild during an episode like that.

Sending some positive healing vibes..........................

• Arathu and Juthro like this

#2885 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,225 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2022 - 12:45 PM

Thank you Skye :)  Your kind words are appreciated, as always, my friend. 

• Skywatcher likes this

#2886 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,180 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2022 - 07:13 PM

Doesn’t seem fun at all Juthro. I really hope you get to feeling better soon!
  • Arathu and Juthro like this

#2887 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2022 - 07:19 PM

Dude I'm telling you that you're describing my symptoms to the letter....haven't been on the bike since it happened, because of it......I'd have been fucked royal...(lower back and sciatic stuff too but the vertigo sealed the deal) NOT fun at all...

Head scan is clean (can't believe that but....hahaha) cervical wear and tear with poor posture again....head forward kind for sure.......

Left inner ear took me to the canvass buddy.... no getting off the ground by myself.....wheelchair shit......Labyrinthitis is what they said about mine (after scans and pictures and concerned looking professionals......)

Hearing in the left ear has been fucked ever since the incident which came on while working on the computer.....

In any case PT and time helped, more stretches and massages, several exercises, and I have to stay on it or I can feel it coming back...NSAID's bring relief and even reduction of the tinnitus....meclazine clears the vertigo in a very short time

I haven't had a vertigo incident in well over a year, hell maybe two, now.......hearing loss and tinnitus are another kettle of fish entirely.....

I hope you feel better.....if you're having strange shit with eustachian tube it will cause this.....chin tuck stretch three sets of three (morning, lunch, dinner, and even before bed helps)

ENT wants me to look into grounding and natural path treatments, she wants me to quit white sugar completely, for general widespread inflammatory disease....especially me having arthritis and symptoms in multiple locations....

I sure do hope you get to feeling steady and NOT dizzy as fuck.....good vibes coming atcha brother....

• Juthro likes this

#2888 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,225 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2022 - 08:38 PM

Thank you all for the well wishes.  I'm sorry that you've been down this road before, A, but thank you for sharing your experience with me.  Did you by chance also have issues with severe headaches, right above, and behind the ear and wrapping around the back of your head?  I'll try pushing some NSIDS, and see if that helps them. 

Right now for me these headaches are the most debilitating symptom.  While still fighting a little dizziness, that part is currently manageable.  But with that said, I've decided it's best to  put the chainsaw up for the season, and no hiking up to mountain lakes before snow this year.

Every thing else you describe sounds like a checked 'yes' box on my tally sheet.   Hearing loss/tinnitus (thanks Caterpillar, and Detroit Diesel), arthritis/degenerative disk disease,  spinal deformation with straightening of the neck...., even the part about being surprised about the clean bill of health on a head scan, lol.

I feel this recent event has taken more out of me, or maybe away from me, then I have been able to comprehend yet.   But screw it, what am I going to do?   Someone still has to split, and stack the fire wood, winterize the truck, harvest the garden..... I'm sure you understand.  I'll tell you though, it's not getting done quite as fast this year as it has gotten done in the past.

On a brighter side, it has made me cut back on my drinking.  One or two beers, or maybe a mixed drink is about all I can handle with out becoming way dizzy.  It's weird, it's not like feeling drunk, but my balance is completely shot.

• Arathu and Skywatcher like this

#2889 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2022 - 09:01 PM

Yes indeed...severe headaches and scalp aches.....the muscles of my neck and head were all knotted up especially across the back of the head and underneath the neck....

I use a power massager with a big soft ball to do my shoulders, neck, and head now.......

Muscle knots in the neck along the side under the back of the skull....compensation for accumulated injuries to my spine due to poor posture while working hard......

I've been doing HUGE sessions of meditation and breathing with stretching to try and stave off the inevitable....at least preserve some comfort and learn to recover from my stubbornness....

Still....there's work that simply must be done.....

Did I mention I LOVE Indica????

A

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#2890 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 11:13 PM

...tinnitus ....

On a brighter side, it has made me cut back on my drinking.  One or two beers, or maybe a mixed drink is about all I can handle with out becoming way dizzy.  It's weird, it's not like feeling drunk, but my balance is completely shot.

Don't know if it's the 'sound of silence' or tinnitus but I've used it as a meditation focus for years.

My neck makes all sorts of noises when I turn my head.

If the pillows aren't right my balance is worse than usual when I get up.

I sleep in a reclining chair, to keep the hip joint bent. A straight back = pain when lying down.

If I drink coffee my balance tends to get worse, and

alcohol I had to let go of some years ago for the same reason,

probably all due to disk damage of some sort in the lower back,

the doc was useless and of course charged anyway, visit after visit.

There has been no more hiking for me either, for years.

Fortunately I'm into meditation and reading and quiet computer projects.

here's how I learned about 'inner sound' meditation:

https://www.abhayagi... of Silence.pdf

https://www.lionsroa...und-of-silence/

• Arathu, Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#2891 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2022 - 07:28 PM

That's freaking awesome.....I've been doing this for a very long time (didn't know it had a name), my left ear has been trashed since my early twenties.....my "malfunctioning" left ear plays some pretty cool tunes actually......

Nada is my friend.....I fall asleep into nada every night and have meditated on/with it for ever.....I don't have a choice.....

A

• Juthro likes this

#2892 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,225 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2022 - 07:47 PM

I'm right there with you guys, I've had tinnitus in both my ears for over 30 years.   It doesn't bother me much anymore, it's just a constant I live with.  Once in a while it feels like someone turned up the volume on the amp, and I 'hear' it loud enough that it almost hurts, but those instances last just a few quick moments and are rare, otherwise I mostly just ignore it.  To be honest, I don't really remember what it was like before my ears were damaged.   

As a side note, I should work more on meditation skills,

#2893 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 569 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 12:56 PM

Ajahn Sumedho  & Ajahn Amaro audio links

there may be several minutes of pali (?) chanting at the beginning, before the talks, in English, start - if you like chanting enjoy, or fast forward

"Practice Of Inner Listening
1990-05-18 Practice Of Inner Listening 29:34
Ajahn Sumedho
learning to listen to the inner sound of silence as a way to quiet and center the mind"

and also

Nada Practice

https://dharmaseed.org/talks/41746/

Edited by shiftingshadows, 13 September 2022 - 12:59 PM.

• Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!