#1841 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:15 AM

Did a bottle of your home brew explode?  Henh.

#1842 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,110 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:19 PM

Did a bottle of your home brew explode?  Henh.

That was one of the first places I checked, as they are stored in a grow tent in our bedroom (along with the carboys). I also checked the canning cupboard to see if a jar had burst. No, on both counts, at least no extra liquid was in either containment area

Nothing yet, still don't know what the sound was. After I get done with my morning chores I thought I might go over to the neighbors and see if maybe something over there got broken.
Other then that, I'm at a loss.....

#1843 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,110 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:35 PM

Maybe it's cuz I didn't get a goodnights sleep last night, but the fact that my BRAND NEW electric wood splitter came out the box low enough on hydraulic oil that it wont work.... REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!

The god damn thing is heavy, and they didn't have anyone who could help me load the MF'er in my rig when I bought it, and it was equally heavy to unload. It was also a pain in the ass to unpack and assemble.

Now I get the SOB set up and outside, and get it all set up next to the wood pile and it doesn't have enough oil to push the ram to full stroke.

I'll be damned if I'm going to repack it, and I'm not satisfied with topping the hydraulic oil off cuz I don't know if that's the only problem. So now I've got to reload the damn thing and take it back to Home Deport. At least I put it on their credit card, so I haven't actually paid for the damn thing....

I needed to vent that, but I still don't feel better.

Is it too early for beer?

Edited by Juthro, 25 August 2016 - 03:35 PM.

• Zwapa, Heirloom Spores, niemandgeist and 1 other like this

#1844 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,398 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:33 PM

Juthro: It's now official time for beer! I'll join you a bit later in the evening with my Bud Ice 24 ounce can. I'll raise my mug and wish that you get the reliable working equipment that you need.

I guess I'll briefly vent about a lady. I'm not attracted to her. I like her because she's nice and I'd like to talk to her more and be her friend. Unfortunately, there have been a lot of guys who only wanted one thing from her and I guess she misinterpreted me when I told her I think she's nice and I'd like to be her friend.

Right after I told her that for several days I'd say "Hello" with a smile and I got a nasty uncertain look.

I know that's on her and it's totally a misunderstanding, but I have to bump into her a lot doing what I do so I do feel a bit bad that she's obviously somewhat uncomfortable.

This is just a minor vent, though. I'm going to talk to someone else tomorrow and get advice on whether or not I should clarify myself or not. I just don't want her feeling uncomfortable for no reason, you know? At the same time, it's on her as I said and the other women friends I have who are also at the same place understand I'm not like those other guys and like having some women as friends because, for me, it's easier to open up to them about stuff I can't talk about with other dudes.

My gut feeling is to just leave it be if it weren't for the fact that we're stuck dealing with one another a few times out of the week.

I'm open to feedback if anyone's ever been in this sort of situation before. Seems like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. I haven't been talking to her or really even acknowledging her since the nasty faces.

Edited by niemandgeist, 25 August 2016 - 04:34 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#1845 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,110 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

Thanks, Niem. I appreciate the support brother, and will gladly tip a beer with you, and to you.

It's home brew for me tonight. I seem to be harboring a lot of stress, and anger that I cant identify the source of. As in the last couple of days, little things seems to upset me more then they should. It must be about time for another mushroom grow.

ANYWAY...

I'm not the best at giving advice on how to deal with the opposite sex, but I'll give it a shot.

If your being cool with her, and she is not being cool back, then your totally correct and its on her. And once your at that point, just try and keep it civil and polite, and don't worry about it.
  • Heirloom Spores likes this

#1846 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:57 PM

I'm open to feedback if anyone's ever been in this sort of situation before.

There are only two ways to understand a woman and no one knows either one of them.

~On the back of Biff Rose's album cover, The Thorn In Mrs. Rose's Side. 

• Zwapa, Juthro and Heirloom Spores like this

#1847 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,110 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:02 PM

Nicely said, Alder :)

#1848 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:03 PM

Juth, I'd say, top it off if you have the oil.  If it works well enough, great.  If it's another issue, take it back.   Maybe the guy whose job it was to fill it had a night like yours before setting it up.

• Juthro and Heirloom Spores like this

#1849 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,110 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:19 PM

Juth, I'd say, top it off if you have the oil.  If it works well enough, great.  If it's another issue, take it back.   Maybe the guy whose job it was to fill it had a night like yours before setting it up.

Thanks, Alder :) Your right, I just had to vent a little and calm down before I could see it. Cuz adding oil was SO much easier then repacking the damn thing, and driving the hour round trip. And that doesn't count the BS you know I would face with trying to return it.....

I am writing it off to just a bad day for me, and I am trying not to let it affect my already high blood pressure.

It seemed to work like it's sposta now that I topped it off, so I am trying to think happy thoughts.

I know better anyway, none of this shit really matters anyway :) In the bigger picture it's not even worthy of a side note, so there is no reason to get upset by it.

On a brighter note, a good friend of mine shipped me some Willamette Valley sweet corn that I've got in my smoker right now. It is so much better then anything we can get up here. Dinner tonight is potato/corn chowder, and smoked corn on the cob.

Edit: I never did (as of yet) find what broke, and woke us up....

Edited by Juthro, 25 August 2016 - 07:22 PM.

• Alder Logs and Heirloom Spores like this

#1850 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

vivir madre yagĂ© PerĂș

• OG VIP
  • 2,037 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:28 PM

Today I held the door open for this chick and knew, not to do it . . and here it comes get one of those accomadating smiles that purposely disappears in discontent for me to see . . I wanted to say don't flatter yourself chicky poo, I was merely holding the door so I don't look like a dick trying to squeeze l through an imposable small space you alloted if I was going to go first. . and besides I've had better than you at closing time at the dirtiest bar in town!
  • fungi2bwith, Juthro and Heirloom Spores like this

#1851 Zwapa

Zwapa

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

... just landed.... seeing your posts make me go back up with some beers.... a bit later

Thanx for the reads and ramblings

like you guys talking

hmmm

must be akward

ok, cu

• Juthro, Heirloom Spores and catattack like this

#1852 catattack

catattack

The Jason Bourne of the mundane.

• OG VIP
  • 5,934 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

women are just like men, 90% of them suck but the other 10% are worth their weight in gold.

• Hash_Man, Alder Logs and Heirloom Spores like this

#1853 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:49 PM

women are just like men, 90% of them suck but the other 10% are worth their weight in gold.

Well, maybe cats do understand them. Maybe.

• Juthro and catattack like this

#1854 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,110 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:58 PM

But, not even women truly understand cats.....
  • Alder Logs likes this

#1855 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,398 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:24 PM

I found out today officially that the woman I spoke of is going through her own stuff and has been having a lot of difficulties lately. Not sure if I'd mentioned it earlier, but she's been misinterpreting things people say and do to the point where she feels like there are ulterior motives.

This is a woman at the partial hospitalization program I've been going to. Because I had a bipolar episode that necessitated a brief 5-day inpatient hospitalization to restabilize me this past April, I've been attending this program during the day for 4 months so far.

This is an "aftercare" program. They like people who've recently been hospitalized to go to these sorts of programs to receive treatment, education, and therapy/group therapy 5 days a week 5 hours a day. I only need to go 4 days out of the week so I get one full day to get more hours at my job. Otherwise I just work nights.

So obviously this woman is dealing with her own things. I sometimes forget that I'm doing exceptionally well, and very high-functioning and pretty much, for lack of a better word, "normal" so long as I stay on my medications and live a healthy lifestyle.

I checked with my counselor to see if it was something specific to me, but it isn't. She's like this, giving nasty paranoid looks at pretty much everyone.

So I've just been ignoring her and not looking at her. I mean, I understand that most guys who've spoken to her are only after one thing. I'm not like that. Everyone else knows that I'm a nice dude and doing very well. Too bad she's having a tough time, but at least I know not to let it bug me out. I've got other women friends there who are all also doing very well so I focus my attention on taking the program seriously and talking to my program friends during the day.

It also helps that most of my program friends are female, so it's just this one woman that dislikes me and most of the other guys for whatever reasons.

#1856 banjojo

banjojo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 340 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:08 PM

When ebay has your old paypal account connected but it doesn't say so in the settings. So paypal sends your money back to your customer and says there is nothing they can do. 

#1857 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:42 PM

I have never done an online transaction.   You have my sympathy. 

I used to have a sticker on my front door back in the '70s that said:  "Give to help the innocent victims of computer error."  

Believe it or not, that sticker came out of the center sheet of a Mad Magazine.   They were often ahead of their time.

• Juthro likes this

#1858 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,110 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:06 AM

Aw, yes.... I used to be a subscriber to Mad. I think ol' Alfred would make a pretty good choice next month.

post-136504-0-24114200-1477670755.png

alfred e neuman.png

Edited by Juthro, 28 October 2016 - 11:07 AM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#1859 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:11 AM

Thanks for that, Juth.   Now I may vote after all. 

• Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!