#1881 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,715 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:01 PM

Yes, I would also like to visit, especially if there lots of cute hippie chicks with loose morals!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 26 April 2017 - 08:01 PM.

#1882 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,735 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:33 PM

Yes, I would also like to visit, especially if there lots of cute hippie chicks with loose morals!

And if not loose morals, then how about cute hippie chicks with baskets of morels?

Funny thing is, I seem to have scored just such a gig and am in the process of uprooting my entire life and transplanting it elsewhere at the moment (explaining my infrequent visits of late).

I need to assemble a team of kick ass gardeners to transform some land into heaven on earth, & live in tree houses connected by zip lines. It'll be a psychedelic retreat meant for saving lives via fun, relaxing in hot tubs, and featuring special magic teas around bonfire drum circles and music under the stars while reconnecting with nature.
Ahh fuck it. I'll just keep procrastinating until its too late. Or, I could light a fire under my ass and get to work. War Cry!!!:headbang:

Did this ever become reality? I could really do with visiting such a place at the mo'

And that's pretty much what I've recently been hired to do. I can't hardly fuckin' believe it myself.

I mean sure, there's no hot tub there (yet), but even when standing on the roof of the house everything you can see in all directions is part of the property (total privacy at last!). There's a huge private lake (with a bass boat) full of giant trophy-bass right outside the back door, and there's also a heated indoor pool for when the lake just doesn't cut it, lol. Oh, and a dry-steam sauna. Multiple freezers full of wild turkey and venison (hunted on the property). A fleet of ATVs. One of biggest brand-new skid-steer loaders built (with ALL the attachments; it's 90hp, and has ~60 hours on it, total). Hundreds of acres covered with enormous (~150+ yr. old) hardwood trees. Bordering a State Park that's thousands of acres (which is the watershed for the exceptionally-clean lake). A few lush pastures (one of which will be where I'll be installing a fruit orchard and the berry bushes). An old horse barn with 12 stalls and an 18-inch deep layer of 5+ year old dried horse manure in most of them (the owner probably thinks I'm kind of weird for being so happy to see that; I didn't elaborate as to why, lol...) And the upcoming solar eclipse will go directly over the property, of course.

If I'd won the Lottery, I'd be doing exactly what I'll be doing there, except I'd build a much smaller main house and hire someone else to handle the routine house and property maintenance as well as build all the tiny houses the owners want scattered around the property for friends to stay in when they throw their epic parties (which is basically what my primary responsibilities will entail). A local couple comes in once a week to clean the interior of the house, which is... huge (and is just a weekend getaway/party spot for the owners so I'll often have the entire place to myself and whoever I invite over). I've been largely broke as hell the past ten years, so it's going to be quite a change in lifestyle.

FWIW, the way I got the gig was about half thanks to the honey I detailed in my "storing your fungi in honey" thread; the other half was the good karma I'd built up from doing something for someone a few years ago that meant a great deal to them and may have saved their life. That psychedelic goo has opened more doors for me than I ever could have imagined, one teaspoon at a time. The owner of the property was most impressed with it a couple of years ago, and contacted me a few months ago after his friend (who happens to be one of my 'wise-ass mentor/elders') told him about my frustration with my current situation. I'd given my friend/mentor a tub a few years ago as thanks for his patience while teaching someone mad skillz (in a certain area of knowledge that need not be specified) who is nowhere near as smart as he is (meaning me!).

I've not met many people in life who I feel like I should follow around with a notebook and pen (I'm old-school that way, lol), taking lots of notes about what they say (he's that freakin' smart... I actively seek the company of people whose knowledge and intellect makes me feel ignorant and stupid by comparison, which has served me very well; after a while, people started telling me that they thought I was pretty smart 'n' stuff). And then I come to find that my mentor's friend who offered me the gig of a lifetime is his mentor. So soon I'll be learning from my mentor's mentor; sounds good to me!

Point being, keep your eyes peeled for smarter, wiser elders. When you find one, STFU and listen to them.

You never know what may come of it, and I'm very happy to say that long-term patience is worth it, even if it gets excruciatingly-difficult to endure occasionally (and it certainly will). Heck, over the past month I've lost two more friends (making three since October); one (who I knew for ~12 years) was to terminal cancer, and even though I strongly suspect she took her own life I still consider cancer to be the cause since she had no life to speak of left because of it. The other friend (of over 20 years) blew his brains out at his mother's house, where he'd been living recently due to his own chronic medical issues (including severe depression). His funeral is next Saturday.

So as usual, life remains bittersweet. But for the first time in a decade, the sweet is finally beginning to balance the bitter. 'Bout fucking time, too since I've "paid my dues" three times over already.

I guess this post turned into a "random venting" of positive developments, which is a nice change from the usual variety I've reported on in this thread in the past.

• Alder Logs, Spooner, SteampunkScientist and 2 others like this

#1883 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,715 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:02 PM

Wow, TV. It's a roller coaster, is it not?

Glad for your blessings, sad for your losses, my friend.
  • TVCasualty likes this

#1884 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,245 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:20 PM

I so want to be done with this dental torture. For the last two weeks they have been grinding, digging, and what feels like chiseling my jaw. I only had a toothache, but its turned into a nightmare, After removing a tooth adjacent that had no support left, I have been sick on antibiotics and have a jaw that won't stop aching. Today they finally went for the root canal on the tooth that got me to go into this. 

I have never ever had as bad an experience in a dental office.

They could not get the nerve numb, and every time they tried to drill in again it was enough to send electric bolts of pain through my whole body. It took 14 attempts, before they finally got it. Now that the novocain wore off, my whole left side of my face is swollen and hurts like hell. I'm hitting the vicoden hard and it is just bringing this to barely tolerable. 

What pisses me off is they spent 2 hours Thursday, prepping this tooth and making a temporary cap. 48 hours later they take off the cap and by the time he was done, there was too much removed to use the temporary and I had to walk out with a quicky filling until they make a new cap. What the hell did They do on Thursday? Seems there was no point to grinding away and sticking a temporay cap on, that gets tossed in two days.

I hate dentists, and it pisses me off what they charge, and then jerk around doing other shit. I'm quitting the damn antibiotics now because my stomach can't handle anymore an starting a fresh batch of Rieshi tea. They think they are going to do a cleaning and play on the other side next. I'm getting this tooth capped and then I'm out of there.......................

This is why they don't see me for 7 year stretches.

Edited by Skywatcher, 24 June 2017 - 11:25 PM.

• Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#1885 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,715 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:42 PM

I feel you Skye! I had a root canal that went bad after 18 years, and the bone around it was eaten away. So they had to pull the tooth, and rebuild the bone. That took a year before they could put the implant in. Front tooth. Had to wear a "flipper" with a fake plastic tooth. Ugh. Never again!
  • Skywatcher likes this

#1886 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• OG VIP
  • 9,867 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:47 AM

Based on things I have heard and read, I have avoided all root canals on my way to the 14 teeth I have left, no molars among them, four broken among them.   I had a monster toothache a few weeks ago that swelled my face up good going into Memorial Day weekend, so no dentist was going to do anything but put me on antibiotics and put me off.   I got the swelling down with Wellness formula and poultices by the next Tuesday.   I see a strong potential that I will lose my remaining two canine teeth, as both are problematic.  Since neither has a chewing partner, I won't miss them too much.   Dentists have done a lot to get me into this condition by badly fitted crowns that caused regrinds of my bite that led to teeth loosening and lost.  I've had two okay dentists, one I actually think of as good.  My doctor pushes me to go to a dentist but I tell him I don't want to gamble on a new one, making his boar payments, not knowing if he'll be better than terrible. 

• Skywatcher likes this

#1887 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,715 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:58 AM

Best advice, "brush 'em if you got 'em" just like you momma used to nag you!

#1888 Primorext

Primorext

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

Just got out of the hospital about 7 hours ago for a anxiety attack. Glad they sedated me and got me well.

Glad I had a nice big beer to relax the night away.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!