• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

no im not up in the mountains...at the foothills guess ud say. look for grassy areas next to the streams. ive not found them where the ground is overun with vegetation like the forest floor but more grass and some debris with the trees spread out a bit. a lot of roads run along streams...most of the areas next to the streams is too overun with vegetation but there are a few areas that are more clear. look for that bamboo lookin stuff with the big leaves that grows tall. those were at all the places i found them at. as far as i could tell they grow with grass and not so much vegetation.

on another note just had a taste of a half g of these bout 20 minutes ago...can feel em a lil. got a buddy here just in case! trippin in the name of science!

#42 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:49 PM

Eat 2 grams, or at the least a 1/16. I ate somewhere around that a couple of days ago and it was a nice trip!

#43 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:33 PM

just did it in the name of science. just a taste the first time with any wild specimen man.

anyway...really awesome stuff. good pure good time. nothin crazy but i can def feel em and its good pure good stuff. i cant wait to get in the woods and eat a couple g's.

I never ate anything but cubes over the many many times i tripped off shroomies. Never tripped off anything i picked wild so really good time goin on over here. me and my bud just popped Blow in the VCR.

most importantly im not dead...woot woot!

#44 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:02 AM

Nothin' wrong with testing the waters.

#45 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:06 AM

ya i never would of ate them if i wasnt 100% sure they were safe but still...just in case.

#46 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:02 PM

yeah i ate 5 small dried ones and two large fresh a couple of nights ago and was blown away... normally i am not particularly stimulated by visuals during a trip, but these were almost overwhelming at points.

#47 designlogic

designlogic

Researcher

• Expired Member
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:39 PM

If possible can someone who is having luck finding these post a wide angle shot of the habit in which these are growing. I have been hunting for the last few days with no luck. A few questions. Are you hunting after a good rain? Is the area shady or in full sun? How far from the creeks or rivers are these being found? Thanks for any help

#48 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:22 AM

i forgot my camera this morning when i went out or id a got u one. i did describe it really well in two above posts.

another tip for you hunters out there, apparently these things are only found on private property where the owners are real assholes about trespassing lol. Ive been booted off three properties so far hahahahaha fuck em...idc! havin to resort to more guerilla tactics! it may be a blessing because i keep having to find new places, and i keep findin em.

#49 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

arite the private property thing was killin it for me. ive been out there all week and honestly it is the most peaceful and spiritual thing to be searchin the woods for hours on end. i mean the sounds of the birds, insects, the smells, the sights i mean i love it out there but it got ruined bc i was so stressed about getting caught.

so my prime spot which was one that i hadnt been caught on yet i decided to talk to the owner. he has his business on the land but has a lot of land. so i approach him with my "story" of being a biology student working on a paper about sybiosis in nature. i showed him my hunting pics and descibed how this mushroom only grows in conjunction with all this stuff. basically fed him a bunch of crap and sounded damn fkn profesional if i do say so myself. told him id be workin on a paper all summer and would be taking mad pics and identifying so i may have to take a few samples. anyway he was a real nice dude and was like of course...fkn sweet for me. cuz now i got my peace back. the mushies are nice but i think im enjoyin the peacefulness of the woods much better and was in more of a fear of losin that.

to prove i really appreciated it i bought him and all his employees lunch..thanks man!

#50 designlogic

designlogic

Researcher

• Expired Member
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

that rocks, I need to find some spots around here, still searching
I read accounts on mushroomobserver.org of them being found in my area so I just have to
find them myself. Another question extrememetal43 do you know what that bamboo lookin plant is named?
I would like to try to find some pics cause I am not sure what your talkin about.

#51 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

hey man i was just trying to uplad pics and it wont allow me for sum reason. i got exactly what you want so keep an eye out as soon as this upload problem gets fixed.

#52 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:35 PM

here ya go logic...

fits the description pretty well. the stream is on the other side of the bamboo lookin water weeds. as you can see theres debris, there needs to be its what they eat, but theres not too much. the forsest floor is not good for these too much clutter. Grass is the key...look for grass. decaying matter too.

i cant decide if they like the sun or theres just less debris in the sunlight because no trees grow there. the tall grass acts as a casing and holds the moisture in.

Warning - one of the old dudes that kicked me off his prop-er-tie was kind enough to state that copperheads do live in the tall grass so you should be wearing decent footwear. i never saw any, not trying to make you all paranoid just thought id mention. dont put your hands in the thick grass if you cant see thru it and whatch where you walk. i always look at my feet anyway so i dont step on our friends.

im sure there are other enviroments that they are found in but this is what im lookin for and i always find them n it even if just a few.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0993.JPG
  • 100_1000.JPG
  • 100_1007.JPG
  • 100_0987.JPG
  • 100_1006.JPG
  • 100_0988.JPG
  • 100_0986.JPG
  • 100_0998.JPG

• seedlessstinky1 likes this

#53 seedlessstinky1

seedlessstinky1

Stinks

• Expired Member
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:45 PM

arite the private property thing was killin it for me. ive been out there all week and honestly it is the most peaceful and spiritual thing to be searchin the woods for hours on end. i mean the sounds of the birds, insects, the smells, the sights i mean i love it out there but it got ruined bc i was so stressed about getting caught.

so my prime spot which was one that i hadnt been caught on yet i decided to talk to the owner. he has his business on the land but has a lot of land. so i approach him with my "story" of being a biology student working on a paper about sybiosis in nature. i showed him my hunting pics and descibed how this mushroom only grows in conjunction with all this stuff. basically fed him a bunch of crap and sounded damn fkn profesional if i do say so myself. told him id be workin on a paper all summer and would be taking mad pics and identifying so i may have to take a few samples. anyway he was a real nice dude and was like of course...fkn sweet for me. cuz now i got my peace back. the mushies are nice but i think im enjoyin the peacefulness of the woods much better and was in more of a fear of losin that.

to prove i really appreciated it i bought him and all his employees lunch..thanks man!

Way happy for you extreme those look like some really nice healthy shrooms. Cool bro have fun and way to be safe. Awesomely sweet.:headbang:

#54 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

Designlogic, the bamboo stuff that you were referring to is called Japanese Knotweed. It has heart shaped leaves and purple spotting on the stalk. It grows in clusters and is a rhizome spreader.
Heres the wiki-
http://en.wikipedia....panese_knotweed
  • extrememetal43 likes this

#55 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

what does rhizome spreader mean, i tried lookin it up but couldnt find a definite.

#56 trips6928

trips6928

Mycotrips

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

In botany, a rhizome is a characteristically horizontal stem of a plant that is usually found underground, often sending out roots and shoots from its nodes.

#57 designlogic

designlogic

Researcher

• Expired Member
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

extrememetal43 thanks for all the info and pics hopefully it'll help me out as well as some others on the forums who may be interested
in finding some of these in the wild, I also seen some good pics on the http://mushroomobserver.org/ site. I would say many
parks try to eradicate the japanese knotweed since it is an invasive specie. It's been raining all day today and supposed to for the next
few so hopefully this will be conducive in bringing these shrooms out, I 've read these generally are in season from late late April through
early June in the area so I'll keep hunting.

#58 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:41 PM

1st week total was ~77 grams dry! :rasta:

#59 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

does anyone know if these will flush more than once in a season? After i picked all my fields i went back a week later, it had been rainin here n there all week, and pretty much found nothing. Im just wondering maybe they flush only once. or if they do flush again anyone know the average turnaround time.

im actually dun picking these for the season i got plenty but was interested if u guys knew?

#60 usagolden

usagolden

A Tin Can Banana

• Expired Member
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

They flush over and over and over
Now is the peak point of the season
I'll hit a spot up two days in a row occasionaly, though it is better to let them rest
I have pulled out about 7oz dry so far, hoping to double that in the next two week!
Next week I am boating down the creek
and going to go ashore for some raiding parties
should be a good time

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!