- - - - -

THC overdose

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ferry_*

Guest_ferry_*

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:04 PM

I do a lot of THC 'trips'
The one I had yesterday was quit strong !
Strong visuals,heard vioce's from the past,and heard a DMT 'BANG' in my ears... etc.
I never now exactly how much THC I take,that's why I want to ask you...Is possible to get dangerous THC dose ?

#2 Guest_mushroom_*

Guest_mushroom_*

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:13 PM

Unless you're working with a pure THC extract or something it'd be damn near impossible to OD on it. You'd have to eat so much weed you'd be sick off your ass and fubar'd before you'd OD. Check [Erowid] for exact LD50 of THC.

#3 Guest_ferry_*

Guest_ferry_*

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:43 PM

Didn't find it there,I'll have to take a second look !
It isn't pure THC but THC butter (very potent one)
It's good to now that it's hard to overdose !

#4 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:50 PM

i have smoked a whole hell of a lot
of really high quality nuggets, eaten
brownies with pot-butter, rice krispy
treats with pot butter and i have never
overdosed. i have gotten slight hallucinagenic
moderations and the ringing in your ears
like you say. but i'm still alive.

#5 Guest_mushroom_*

Guest_mushroom_*

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:13 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

It isn't pure THC but THC butter (very potent one) <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>Then I would say it's not possible. You'd have to have stronger (purer) stuff to even have to worry about it... and even then I doubt it. THC overdose's have NEVER been reported that I know of... probably because it's never happened. Don't worry, have fun, and come back and tell us about it. Posted Image

#6 Guest_smokalotapotamus_*

Guest_smokalotapotamus_*

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:16 PM

Try not to over do it. Though it’s not physically dangerous, excess THC tends to build up in all the fatty tissues in your body, which include brain cell membranes. Essentially, your brain becomes coated with the stuff, which drastically reduces your thinking power. This can last years after consumption if you take enough. It will eventually pass through your body, but the more you take, the longer it takes to pass. Too much of anything is bad, even if it’s a lot of fun.

#7 Guest_thefungione_*

Guest_thefungione_*

Posted 27 January 2005 - 04:12 PM

yeah you can't od...but gettin wasted...too wasted sucks...I got some goo balls at a show one time a long time ago...this kid was like 'only eat one' so I was like 'yeah whatever' and ate 1 1\2 and I was WASTED..you get funny highs..real vibratory...I lost my equilibrium...and could't sleep cause I was too high...

#8 Guest_taoist_*

Guest_taoist_*

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:02 PM

An excerpt from a paper I wrote last year about the scheduling of drugs:

"The whole idea of drugs being “bad” is interesting. Drugs should certainly not be illegal, but really, when one really gets down to it, this has all been about morality since the beginning. Tobacco kills over 440,000 people each year, alcohol claims 50,000, and marijuana has yet to kill anyone in the history of documented literature. The Canadian Cancer Society states, “some [studies] estimate smoking 3 to 4 marijuana cigarettes per day is roughly equivalent to smoking 20 tobacco cigarettes.” While this statement is highly ambiguous as to the chemical makeup of marijuana, it does base marijuana in simpler terms. Marijuana, while having some carcinogenic chemicals, has far less than tobacco, making it’s long-term effects less than tobacco; however, marijuana is rarely smoked with a filter, unless smoked in a water pipe (however, it is speculated that by using a water pipe one filters tar as well as THC, ergo one must smoke more), and the smoke has a better ability to coat the lungs than a filtered cigarette. Unfortunately, the fact is that marijuana, medically, is no more harmful than many legal substances in the United States. The nicotine contained in a single cigarette when eaten can kill a baby. The nicotine contained in five cigarettes can kill a healthy adult. The caffeine in about a hundred cups of coffee, taken in pill form, is lethal. A liter of whisky in one night can kill an adult. A tube of sleeping pills can cause liver failure. Swallowing about fifty aspirin tablets will lead to unstoppable stomach bleeding that can be fatal. By comparison, an adult would have to smoke two pounds of marijuana to run a risk of a fatal overdose. So, it isn’t because marijuana causes medical risks, despite the government saying it has no value, it has similar value to legal substances only without the detrimental affects, which I puzzling to say the least. The DEA claims that the reason marijuana is illegal is because things that are smoked have no accepted medical value, therefore a drug called Marinol was invented."

If you'd like to read the whole 18,000 words PM me and I'll send it to you.

#9 Guest_pbeester_*

Guest_pbeester_*

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:14 PM

Try not to over do it. Though it’s not physically dangerous, excess THC tends to build up in all the fatty tissues in your body, which include brain cell membranes. Essentially, your brain becomes coated with the stuff, which drastically reduces your thinking power. This can last years after consumption if you take enough. It will eventually pass through your body, but the more you take, the longer it takes to pass. Too much of anything is bad, even if it’s a lot of fun.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> Actually the receptors in your brain downgrade or reduce the number of binding sites so the more frequently you get high and the higher the doses, the less that THC actually effects you. So that stuff about it not making you think well isn't true. I'll have to search out the article that explains the whole process but, believe me, you're not gonna OD on THC. I've drank Qt's of ganja oil(made for cooking, from very potent kind and saturated til it's brown) and the only thing it did to me was help me sleep and give me the shits. The shits were probably from the oil, anyway. So try to OD on THC and you'll have a good time. No worries!!

BTW, I have never gotten too high from weed, even when I was eating heady ganja food all day, popping marinol pills(pure THC pills), and smoking dank heady blunt after blunt, so it ain't gonna kill anyone...

(Message edited by PissyBee on January 28, 2005)

#10 Guest_vrooota!_*

Guest_vrooota!_*

Posted 28 January 2005 - 03:45 PM

BTW, I have never gotten too high from weed, even when I was eating heady ganja food all day, popping marinol pills(pure THC pills), and smoking dank heady blunt after blunt, so it ain't gonna kill anyone... <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
It does get sorta pointless and inefficient after a while though, dont you agree?
Ever feel like you've smoked yourself sober?
btw-Good writeup shredder, all the stuff I've always wanted to say to the opponents of pot but have been too angry at their ignorance and lack of personal experience to get across eloquently.

#11 Guest_taoist_*

Guest_taoist_*

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:15 PM

Vroota! - you should read the whole thing - it's only 12 double-spaced pages and a quick read despite. It's at least about something you're actively interested in, right?

As for overdosing on weed I certainly have; while it was nowhere near a lethal dose it was certainly incapacitating. Sophopmore year I went home for christmas and didn't smoke for three weeks. I came back and on the road I called my friend to have an 8th ready for me because my ass needed to fucking smoke (I hate long drives without any weed), and so it's all set, and I get back, and we get down to the Tubin'. Now, for those of you unfamiliar with my gravity bong, it gives lots of people very uncomfortable highs and has given a couple of people panic attacks (one girl got abducted by aliens in her car and the other guy lay in bed and got sent to Mars). I, myself, decided that I really needed a good baker's dozen g-tubes to get me high, after having not smoked in a month, and I proceeded to get so high I could barely walk. Somehow I did manage to get to my bathroom where I stayed for an hour and a half or so, vomiting profusely as the world spun about around me. I ended up laying my arm across the toilet and putting my head on my arm facing the bowl (the whole time thanking myself that my mother taught me to clean house before leaving on a trip on not when you return) vomiting each time I so much as turn my head or try to sit up. It got easier to just go with it and try to remain still. Pretty hard-core, not a whole lot of fun, but I remember it actually wasn't that unpleasant of an experiance, either. Especially considering it included lots of puking.

#12 Guest_pbeester_*

Guest_pbeester_*

Posted 28 January 2005 - 05:20 PM

Well, I guess some people get affected more. I can smoke pure bubblehash until I pass out and I never get too high, I just fall asleep. I wanna get too high!!! I'm jealous...

#13 Guest_mushroom_*

Guest_mushroom_*

Posted 28 January 2005 - 05:44 PM

A friend of mine used to smoke like mad in high school then joined the marines... He came over one night and I told him he could get it out of his system in 3 days... He had several weeks before needing to go back so he smoked a joint. Just 1 and mostly by himself. He then sat for a min and got up to take a piss... walked into the bathroom and I heard him pissing... then he stopped,then I heard a loud bang... I went in to investigate and he was litterally passed out on the floor. He said he remembered taking a piss and then nothing... He woke up and saw me standing there.

Now that's fucked up. Posted Image

#14 nerve

nerve

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 219 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 06:25 PM

After a point it just seems like smoking to maintain normality too me. Like smoking and eating ganja foods all day long like Pbeester describes, by the end of the day smoking a hugeass blunt really aint doing much too get me any higher. Just sorta keeping me in the state i'm in.

#15 Guest_thefungione_*

Guest_thefungione_*

Posted 29 January 2005 - 03:41 AM

Ijust puff at night usually....I got alot of shit to do usually and bein high doesn't usually help me...Posted Image Once in a while I'll get baked all day...most days I may not even smoke only a hit or 2...I stockpile tho...like havin a selection.

#16 Guest_taoist_*

Guest_taoist_*

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:14 AM

I stockpile tho...like havin a selection.

I'm the same way. I tend to buy an ounce at a time, rebuying once I get down to about a quarter; this allows me to have lots of different kinds of pot, which is nice because as we all know if you smoke the same pot over and over you won't get the same effects. Thought I was the only "cannabis squirrel" out there - weed pack-rats.

#17 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,307 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:33 AM

I just wish I could get the same buzz as I did when I first tried it!!!

#18 Guest_taoist_*

Guest_taoist_*

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:59 AM

I think that's impossable, but maybe it's not, I don't know. Hard to get back to that first time. Some well-grown bubbleberry will get you pretty close though.

#19 Guest_vrooota!_*

Guest_vrooota!_*

Posted 30 January 2005 - 06:12 PM

could always quit for a couple few weeks, to lose your tolerance. Shredder, send me that report if you want, I like to take an interest in my substances Posted Image

#20 Guest_taoist_*

Guest_taoist_*

Posted 30 January 2005 - 07:09 PM

It can be seen here

http://mycotopia.net...html?1106948488

PM me so I'll have your address and I can send the actual word document, if you want.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!