• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 redwood

redwood

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:06 PM

I recently experienced a THC overdose. No, I did not die, as not all overdoses result in death.
My partner and I each ingested one capsule of cannabis in sesame seed oil. Recommendations were vague - some people take a half, some take a whole. Desiring to avoid the deadly under dose, we each took a capsule.
Things were pleasant and relaxed for about an hour and a half. At the two hour mark we were both seriously high, had trouble walking, then vertigo, nausea, each of us throwing up two or three times. All we could do was remain completely still. Any movement evoked nausea, even lifting my head to see if I could get up. Stillness brought a sort of relaxation, but with very uninteresting stoned thoughts, more like fragments, uncreative, random, lacking meaning. From then on it was just waiting for the effects to wear off, which took several hours. Wicked dry mouth, head ache, felt very much like food poisoning. Twelve hours after ingestion, mostly over the nausea, but still affected.
Went to describe the experience to the vendor who apologized that the person responsible had not adequately explained the dosage. Start with a half. OK, wish I had known that. Went on to say that what I described were the symptoms of THC overdoes, and that he had a very similar experience after ingesting too much. Hope this saves someone the worry and the lost afternoon.

#22 Guest_potatocore_*

Guest_potatocore_*

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:48 PM

An excerpt from a paper I wrote last year about the scheduling of drugs:

"The whole idea of drugs being ?bad? is interesting. Drugs should certainly not be illegal, but really, when one really gets down to it, this has all been about morality since the beginning. Tobacco kills over 440,000 people each year, alcohol claims 50,000, and marijuana has yet to kill anyone in the history of documented literature. The Canadian Cancer Society states, ?some [studies] estimate smoking 3 to 4 marijuana cigarettes per day is roughly equivalent to smoking 20 tobacco cigarettes.? While this statement is highly ambiguous as to the chemical makeup of marijuana, it does base marijuana in simpler terms. Marijuana, while having some carcinogenic chemicals, has far less than tobacco, making it?s long-term effects less than tobacco; however, marijuana is rarely smoked with a filter, unless smoked in a water pipe (however, it is speculated that by using a water pipe one filters tar as well as THC, ergo one must smoke more), and the smoke has a better ability to coat the lungs than a filtered cigarette. Unfortunately, the fact is that marijuana, medically, is no more harmful than many legal substances in the United States. The nicotine contained in a single cigarette when eaten can kill a baby. The nicotine contained in five cigarettes can kill a healthy adult. The caffeine in about a hundred cups of coffee, taken in pill form, is lethal. A liter of whisky in one night can kill an adult. A tube of sleeping pills can cause liver failure. Swallowing about fifty aspirin tablets will lead to unstoppable stomach bleeding that can be fatal. By comparison, an adult would have to smoke two pounds of marijuana to run a risk of a fatal overdose. So, it isn?t because marijuana causes medical risks, despite the government saying it has no value, it has similar value to legal substances only without the detrimental affects, which I puzzling to say the least. The DEA claims that the reason marijuana is illegal is because things that are smoked have no accepted medical value, therefore a drug called Marinol was invented."

If you'd like to read the whole 18,000 words PM me and I'll send it to you.

#23 Guest_potatocore_*

Guest_potatocore_*

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:49 PM

An excerpt from a paper I wrote last year about the scheduling of drugs:

"The whole idea of drugs being ?bad? is interesting. Drugs should certainly not be illegal, but really, when one really gets down to it, this has all been about morality since the beginning. Tobacco kills over 440,000 people each year, alcohol claims 50,000, and marijuana has yet to kill anyone in the history of documented literature. The Canadian Cancer Society states, ?some [studies] estimate smoking 3 to 4 marijuana cigarettes per day is roughly equivalent to smoking 20 tobacco cigarettes.? While this statement is highly ambiguous as to the chemical makeup of marijuana, it does base marijuana in simpler terms. Marijuana, while having some carcinogenic chemicals, has far less than tobacco, making it?s long-term effects less than tobacco; however, marijuana is rarely smoked with a filter, unless smoked in a water pipe (however, it is speculated that by using a water pipe one filters tar as well as THC, ergo one must smoke more), and the smoke has a better ability to coat the lungs than a filtered cigarette. Unfortunately, the fact is that marijuana, medically, is no more harmful than many legal substances in the United States. The nicotine contained in a single cigarette when eaten can kill a baby. The nicotine contained in five cigarettes can kill a healthy adult. The caffeine in about a hundred cups of coffee, taken in pill form, is lethal. A liter of whisky in one night can kill an adult. A tube of sleeping pills can cause liver failure. Swallowing about fifty aspirin tablets will lead to unstoppable stomach bleeding that can be fatal. By comparison, an adult would have to smoke two pounds of marijuana to run a risk of a fatal overdose. So, it isn?t because marijuana causes medical risks, despite the government saying it has no value, it has similar value to legal substances only without the detrimental affects, which I puzzling to say the least. The DEA claims that the reason marijuana is illegal is because things that are smoked have no accepted medical value, therefore a drug called Marinol was invented."

If you'd like to read the whole 18,000 words PM me and I'll send it to you.

i wanna read it... send me a copy! or better yet, post it ;)

#24 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:39 AM

i wanna read it... send me a copy! or better yet, post it ;)

Hes been banned a long time ago and account deleted. Thats why there is no profile.

#25 Guitardude

Guitardude

No Additional Ingredients

• Expired Member
  • 567 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:48 AM

I do a lot of THC 'trips'
The one I had yesterday was quit strong !
Strong visuals,heard vioce's from the past,and heard a DMT 'BANG' in my ears... etc.
I never now exactly how much THC I take,that's why I want to ask you...Is possible to get dangerous THC dose ?

There are some strains of cannabis that seem to have more of a entheogenic effect than others... I think the LD50 is quite high... but large oral doses of cannabis can be quite uncomfortable.... be careful... cause its hard to titrate a dose.... I have lost the feeling in my legs for several hours and it is a skin crawling affair....lol But you prolly wont die from it.
Oral cannabis doses can be fun too... but be sensible... no need to set the oral dosage record.... and if you are looking to journey in that way... there are many plants and fungi that will get you there much more comfortably than bud butter. Cannabis is an essential trip sidekick for many of us with shrooms, cid and mesc... But I have not had hallucinations on it like DMT. What strain is it?
I like to take Pans and smoke hash oil... the synergistic effects are complimentory and they seem to work together well.
My experience with large doses of cannabis tells me to be careful... I know I wont die... but a day or two of not being able to walk around cause my legs feel like rubber is not fun times...
It may not effect you that way....
Anyhow I would be courious about the strain....

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1620.JPG
  • bud14nc1:09.jpg
  • IMG_1666.JPG
  • IMG_1343.JPG

#26 Hatch_

Hatch_

***ifying Options

• Expired Member
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:33 AM

Too much of anything is bad.,
But im not one to talk

#27 Zozo

Zozo

The green paladin

• Free Member
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

Too much of anything is bad.,
But im not one to talk

in the contrary it's sound like you had a lot of experience of taking too much ;) so you know what you taking about ...

anyway look like this thread came from .... necromancy

peace
zozo

#28 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:21 AM

Anyhow I would be courious about the strain....

It was me posting this tread.
Strain was Northern lights.

#29 Stryker636

Stryker636

Maker of Beautiful Tones

• Expired Member
  • 208 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:11 PM

I have never OD'ed, but I have been very, very, very high on Weed before. We started out hot boxing it in a car, and we had that car so full of smoke! I was sitting in the backseat of the car and we were passing it around(4 people total) and this went on for 1-2 hrs. I was sitting on the driver side back seat, and I could barely see my friend sitting in the front passenger side seat from all the smoke! After that we went inside and proceeded to eat hash brownies. Then we then started smoking more inside. All of us were grinning wide and laughing at everything and conversing about various aspects of life. Walls were somewhat wavy, Could barely walk, and everything seemed as if it were zoomed in a good 2-3 feet(this is always common recurrence for me, but never zoomed in this far). I then wanted to get away from the noise and went outside to smoke a small joint by myself(it was very dark out now) and when I would light the joint, I would then see feint red outlined, blue stars coming towards my eyes in a spiral like form. I was quite astounded at this. I then went back inside and joined the conversation again. After a while of passing the bowl around again and talking and laughing, I then decided lay on the floor(why the floor? I dont know lol) and closed my eyes, and was meet with wonderful, not very clear, but wonderful at that, closed eye visuals! It was quite something, At first I thought that the weed was laced and shit, then again a couple weeks later I had some from very trusted individual and wanted to know if I could get the visuals again. After a lot of bowls, a lot of food, and a lot of orange juice(I always drink oj went smoking weed) I then decided to test the stars again. I went outside in the dark, and proceeded to smoke a bowl. And there were the stars again! Then I decide to go to bed, it was about 1am now, and I was met with the feint closed eye visuals again. This is were I learned that weed is a psychedelic. This only happens to me in high amounts of weed(1/4 to a 1/2 ounce of potent bud). But I have never OD'ed on weed. Thus I will say, no, you cannot OD on THC.
PeAcE>

#30 SilvrHairDevil

SilvrHairDevil

Gatekeeper

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

A number of years ago, I was a hippie slumlord in Toronto. One of the roomies had a water pipe made from scrounged high school lab glassware. The base was a flask which he filled with tequila. After a number of months puffing on various substances, the tequila went dark brown.
Then came a dry spell… no smokables to be had. So – he drank the tequila.

He slept for 2 days. We’d go shake him now and again to see if he was still alive and he’d just mumble at us…

#31 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,258 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:02 AM

Well I only read half the replies here, but I am here to tell ya that you may not die kinda overdose, but you can get goddamn uncomfortable, and it don't take that much either.

I ate a gram of good red/black bubblehash one time, that can make you a bit uncomfortable, but one time I ate some brownies I made wiht 20 grams of good matanuska thunderfuck buds that were finely ground into a double batch of betty crocker double fudge brownies.

I ate two squares, then ate another an hour later, and man I was so goddamn high I didn't know how to act. Kept starting to get up and do stuff but never really did, realized my face was red and my blood pressure was off the charts high, my wife wanted to call 911 immediately, but I said no.

My lips were tingling my toes were numb, everything looked weird and distorted and sort of cloudy and hazey. I was up all night long ver uncomfortable, and had a marijuana hangover for days afterwards that made me feel like I had drank hard liquor the night before every morning when I woke up. The only thing that kept me out of the emergency room was sheer embarassment over having ate too much brownies lol.

You may not be able to physically kill yerself with weed, but injesting stuff, especially extracts like hash oil you can get goddamn uncomfortable for sure. :)

#32 Guest_sweatloaf13_*

Guest_sweatloaf13_*

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:33 AM

having a "green-out" or a meltdown can definitely be a sure way to wreck an evening. room spinning,nausea,vomiting etc. One must tread lightly when ingesting canna treats.....avoid doing it on an empty stomach,while drinking or using other substances etc. Lie down,close your eyes,keep a bucket close and like all bummers.....it too shall pass.
friggin lightweight...LOL I'm kidding!!!

#33 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:17 AM

HAHAHA!! My frends wont eat my brownies anymore... Too scared...

I ate too much one night with the wife and we both crashed out and woke up Hung over. I didnt know weed could do that to you at the time. Hee hee.

BEWARE THE BROWNIE!!! :lol:

#34 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:21 AM

Yeah, I had a buddy of mine spend the night on my bathroom floor... My cookies are legendary after that :)

I've been just doing Peanut Butter sandwiches with a nice spread of butter on them.... Blew my ankle up a couple days ago and it's really helping me keep down the swelling and pain :)

#35 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:26 AM

Yeah man,

I make Peanut butter crackers. MUCH less potent than the death brownies I make on occasion.:weedpoke:

#36 ShroomGuerilla

ShroomGuerilla

Myco-Monkey

• Expired Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

I love cooking with honey-oil.
Ive been making caramel candies lately.
Amazing stuff. They rock your socks off.

Brought some to a party, and greened out over 10 people.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!