• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pippielongstalking

pippielongstalking

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

im running into a problem here. these very very tiny white/yellowish looking bugs is trying to overrun me. any ideas on how to rid myself of this problem. if i stay on top of it i can keep it kinda under control, but it looks like im in a losing battle. i think im gonna have no choice but to finish all my pies out, and totally start from scratch and i think these little fuckers are killing my yield.

#2 pippielongstalking

pippielongstalking

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

p.s. oh yea i think i introduced my schrooms to these little fuckers via my couple of marijuana plants.

#3 BeardedLadysLady

BeardedLadysLady

username now inaccurate

• OG VIP
  • 1,093 posts

Donator

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

We had a bug problem not to long ago.
They were tiny tiny tiny white bugs.

We got some pest strips from lowes and some indoor insect spray to spray around the area. It seemed to help but they came back. We have since thrown out everything and started fresh with a new bag of manure and everything.

We haven't seen anything yet, but they seem to only show up when the mushrooms start to fruit. I assume the feed on the fruit body because we found them all over the caps and only saw the bugs when there were fruits. They were not around before, like on the mycelium or anything.

I hope this helps.
You should check out the thread BeardedLady made for the bugs we found in our bins.

http://mycotopia.net...grow-mites.html

#4 pippielongstalking

pippielongstalking

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

i checked the link out, them arent the bugs i have. but nonetheless---its still to the bad. yea im thinking eventhough u kill these things on the outside, im guess that they will get into your mycellium and eat away at it---and in turn affect your flushes. but just so people dont make the same mistake that i did....heres what i think happened. ok, sometimes your weed will get bugs, no big deal with them, on plants bugs are pretty easy to kill. but i think i might of had a few of these bugs in one of my plants, and i sat it on the top of my incubater for a few days. after a few days, these mofos were by the thousands in my incubater. so basically i threw everything away and cleaned tub out real good with bleach and sprayed around the area. but i think a few of these bugs survived and i probably transfered them to my grow area and then the totes when i touched them. although i did sanitize hands---but a few must of survived. ok, now fast forward about a week, and today i notice them same bugs on one of pies---easy to spot since the container is green. and like i said, i think it all started with the weed, because i have seen these same bugs before throughout the years. but once again with weed its not a problem destroying these things, but with schrooms, the way that you have to have the rh up and then the closed totes etc etc, its the perfect breeding ground. so the moral to this little story is, dont mix the weed with the schrooms lol

#5 dfar

dfar

scared shitless

• Expired Member
  • 645 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:29 PM

white flys? but i've only heard of them on plants not fungi

#6 ishkaboo

ishkaboo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

Do they fly?

I have very small white flies (fungus gnats) on my project now but have been keeping the population to a minimum with CV-80 and gnatrol. As I understand it the white flies are actually juveniles, and since I never see the darker, bigger ones I assume they are dying before they can fully mature.

If they don't fly be thankful you don't have the flying kind as the flying ones fly around like retards and hit you in the face, nose, ears, etc. It can get very unnerving when your trying to trip on mushrooms and you keep feeling things touch you!

#7 pippielongstalking

pippielongstalking

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:50 PM

no theyre not fliers, so yea im definately lucky on that part. if i had flyiers theres no doubt i would dump everything, that would drive me nuts.

#8 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:32 PM

Bomb them with napalm.

#9 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 710 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:07 AM

Damn... napalming their kin MANY generations later... Seems so American....  :tongue:  :cool:

• PinkMenace likes this

#10 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 324 posts

Donator

Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:08 AM

If they aren't flying, their in your sub having a heyday with the mycelial network which opens them up to contam / disease which if they survive will diminish overall results. 
I agree with the napalm statement.

Edit: Shit I just realized this post is 8 fucking years old. :facepalm:

Edited by Baphom3t, 30 November 2018 - 10:13 AM.

#11 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:10 PM

If they aren't flying, their in your sub having a heyday with the mycelial network which opens them up to contam / disease which if they survive will diminish overall results. 
I agree with the napalm statement.

Edit: Shit I just realized this post is 8 fucking years old. :facepalm:

I had an attack of these little bastards.I realized that too.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!