• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

random note - i had said to shake the livin shit out of your extraction during pulls which i still firmly believe in.

but i had also said that it settles out pretty quik in 5 minutes. now with a/b's it apparently does so but with STB's it takes a while longer to settle out but it eventually does, up to a few hours. let it take its time i definitly recommend shaking the pulls violently.

edit - a tester said all pulls with stb reacted this way except for a 6th pull that was shaken for over a half hr, way more than the rest, and it had some trouble fully seperating. take it as what you will. maybe its a lil technique too. cant buy experience!

#62 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:58 PM

i definitly recommend shaking the pulls violently.

wow, weird, i absolutely never ever shake mine, nothin but nice gentle rolling on the floor, prolly 15-25 minutes of nice fluid rolling per pull. I always regretted it when i shook it up.

#63 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:11 PM

ya thats up for discussion. i always get better pulls when i shake...compare the first two pulls. all the teks say gentle rolling. i think if you base enough theyre are no problems. but for stb it does take longer to settle. i got the idea from duaat...check her thread in the vaults. like the sig says!

#64 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

i think if you base enough theyre are no problems. but for stb it does take longer to settle. !

Yep, if it's basic enough, it WILL separate.
Even with an stb, it should separate within 10 min.

#65 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

andy as far as im concerned keep doin what your doin. you are the man around here with this stuff. what works best for you may not work best for me and vice versa...but they both work!

#66 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:47 PM

andy as far as im concerned keep doin what your doin. you are the man around here with this stuff. what works best for you may not work best for me and vice versa...but they both work!

tis the name of the game :headbang:

#67 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

As SWIM just stated in another thread, he feels that the acid used makes the biggest difference in how clean the end product comes out. He has read from some very experienced people that even using no acid in an a/b works and yields very clean white crystals from the very first freeze precip, even on larger extractions. Using ascorbic acid may be best, or possibly calcium ascorbate (per Loki's tek) may be the key to getting the cleanest DMT from the first crystallization. Excess water is probably a great idea for getting every last little bit, and/or toluene/xylene pulls and the FASA methods for grabbing that extra gram or so per kilo..

#68 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

it seems after years of reading ascorbic looks to be the best choice.

#69 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:12 PM

it seems after years of reading ascorbic looks to be the best choice.

ascorbic is my acid of of choice, besides lsd haha. vinegar is strait filthy compared to ascorbic in my experience.

not too mention vinegar smells like sweaty swamp ass when you boil it down, its bad enough to spend hours stirring a pot without having putrid steaming swamp-ass making your eyes water and irritating your sinuses. never will i use vinegar again.

#70 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:39 PM

phosphoric seems too strong. HCl definitely is. i never tried acetic but cannot stand the smell and many have complained of dirtiness.

#71 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:46 PM

SWIM has used vinegar even diluted 8-1 ratio, and the results usually have a little yellow on larger extractions with freeze precipitation, and more if the solvent is evaporated.. HCl, more orange, so ascorbic is probably the way to go. The calcium ascorbate is supposed to help pull out tannins before basifying, too, which may be the key in larger extraction teks, but SWIM hasn't followed loki's tek to be sure, although loki never steered him wrong before.

#72 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:21 AM

ive never read anyone doing a run thru on the loki's tek. id be interested if the tannin precipitation with the calcium ascorbate works? i think its just ascorbic acid with calcium hydroxide. the ascorbic acid overpowers the amount of calcium hydroxide base but the calc hydroxide is suppost to bind with the tannins making them insoluble in acidic water meaning they would be filtered out.

#73 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:40 AM

but are tannins even remotely soluble in NP solvent? why does it matter?

#74 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:42 AM

o idk, i think the tek is geared more towards leaf extractions like PV that have a ton of oils and tannins now that i think of it.

#75 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:35 AM

but are tannins even remotely soluble in NP solvent? why does it matter?

If they aren't there would be no need for defatting, which some suggest for getting the cleanest DMT.. Defatting is supposed to help pull out plant oils, which SWIM usually skips, anyways, but by using the calcium ascorbate, these tannins/oils are supposed to be bound up in the water, and from speaking to loki when he first showed SWIM this tek, he said it greatly clarifies the water solution after filtering, prior to basification..

This may be overkill if one gets pure white from just an ascorbic acid soak, but experiments would be in order, and perhaps it would only make a difference in larger extractions, like the 3 kilo type described, where larger quantities of acid and water are used.. SWIM seems to notice more color when the extraction size is increased, even when freeze precipitated. Be nice to never have to recrystallize.

#76 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,998 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

Archive Worthy IMHO.
:bow:

#77 drox

drox

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

Hi I'm totally new to these forums, but I used to be a major DMT enthusiast.
there is a critical sted that I used to do in which it is "easyu to get almost 1000 percent pure DMT from Mimosa bark. I did not see it here.. But if anyone is interested I have a fully illustrated guide on how to extract 30 grams of pure DMT from 5kg of powdered bark. I would post it here but the file is 30megs. My tek is usefull in that it works with a large amount and gets high yeild. Anyway just PM me and I'll find a way to email the guide to you. If anyone know a way I can just post it here then please let me know.
Ps I also have a tek on how to make what we used to call dragons breath shrooms. Basically you feed your mushroom substrate with DMT solution that has been PH adjusted to neutral and once the mushies are done growing you need to rig up a nitrogen or co2 atmosphere to dry them in and they will be about 10x the strength of regular cubensis. Most people think this is bullshit until they try it. And the shrooms once dried are pitch black and look pretty gross.

#78 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,998 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

I believe pdf's are allowable as insertable files here, no?
I'm sure we'd all like to read this tek and see what your missing step is!
Just click on the manage attachments bar under the submit post button.

And Welcome to Mycotopia!

#79 drox

drox

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

Looking back on these threads I don't think there's really a missing step, but the tek is for bulk so when I get back home I will try to post it. Or I can send it to someones email and they can do it if I'm to tech illiterate. :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!