• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 shroom57

shroom57

Papa Smurf

• Expired Member
  • 798 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:49 AM

You've heard about it, you've read about it, maybe had nightmares about it, but have you ever seen it?

Earthworms 001.JPG

#22 mrmyc

mrmyc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:55 AM

Here's a place I found that has good pricing on Eisenias composting worms:
BestBuyWorms. You can get 5 # delivered for about 17 bucks a pound.

A sq ft of worm bed will support a pound of worms. Eisenias will average about 1000 worms per pound.

#23 zodd

zodd

walk towards the light

• Expired Member
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:29 AM

enough to get my bin off to a fast start,
say 500 to 2000 or so.

a pound of worms is a good start

you might want to try ebay. i got another 500 g coming through the post for an out door wast set up.

tiger worms red wigglers and red earth worms are all efficient munchers though red wigglers are the best. night crawlers ar not so good in certain types of bins, but with a simple rubber maid with holes in. they shall do the job nicley. what kind of bin you making?

if you have piles of turd in your back yard wich im sure you do hip then your garden will be teething with red earth worms wich can be excavated by watering a 2 by 2 pach of earth (not grass). then laying a damp piece of card board with watermelon smeared all over it. over the next couple of days more and more red worms shall pop up.

so far ive only managed to gather twenty worms with this method as the little buggers are so dam fast of the mark.

#24 crsaz

crsaz

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

here ya go (elsinia fetida) $90 for 5000
http://www.thewormdu...mposting-worms/

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!