• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 skullfarmer

skullfarmer

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 12:36 PM

does anyone have a brf-verm-h20 ratio(+additives?) that has proven to produce more babies during the fruiting cycles other than the standard pf tek formula?thanks

#2 Cthulhu's Tentacle

Cthulhu's Tentacle

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 12:51 PM

So far, in my limited experience, taking physically care of the cakes is going to increase your yields more than anything else (ensuring proper temperature, humidity, CO2 venting, etc)

#3 chill

chill

celtic tiger

• Expired Member
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:00 PM

The best way to increase yield is to find a strain that works well for you and then clone the best shroom.

#4 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:03 PM

reg pf tek is great. maximum fruiting formula is what i use and get alot of fucking shrroms if i must say. 1/4 cup BRF, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup verm. this is all you need. but you can add a tbs of bee pollen or flax seeds. you can add pretty much anything you want. shrooms arnt too picky.

#5 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:12 PM

So far, in my limited experience, taking physically care of the cakes is going to increase your yields more than anything else (ensuring proper temperature, humidity, CO2 venting, etc)

I agree with this and cloning a good isolate or strain. My PF formula is very old skool but has always worked best for me. Quantities are per jar: 1/8 cup brf, approx 1/2 cup vermic (fill the jar to the ridge just below the threads usually a little more than 1/2 cup) then 42-45 cc h2o. A few drops of vanilla extract added to the h2o is good too. The trick is feeding it water. I use a custard dish 1/2 full of wet perlite on the bottom and fill the top 1/2 with wet vermic. Set the cake with dry vermic side up into the wet vermic in the dish and push it into the dish slightly. Then wet the dry vermic layer on the cake just slightly with a spray bottle. This wicking method allows for less spraying and optimal air flo. When the shrooms are getting fed water in such a manner you will find that less brf is needed. I've tested the 1/4 cup recipe numerous times and have found no significant difference in yield. At least nothing consistent.

All factors are important but h2o intake is critical for good flushes.

Good luck!

#6 skullfarmer

skullfarmer

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:23 PM

thanks guys.afoaf usually has good yields but some pics i see make afoafs cakes look bunk.afoaf wont change a thing.peace!

#7 shedthemonkey

shedthemonkey

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:17 PM

It is near perfect in it's simplicity. The "Best" Yield is any yield the mushies are willing to share with you if you give them a good environment. You can tiptoe through the archives and see some awesome flushes on cakes, casings, logs, and the occasionaly bra. There have been many claims over the years of special formulas and secret additives and such bunk. Follow the advice above (find a good isolate and give it what it needs to thrive) and you will not be disappointed. :) good luck!

#8 drgonzo1969

drgonzo1969

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:24 PM

Hippie posted this recipe a while back:
"i use lake water with 2 tablespoons of liquid kelp extract added per
gallon
i toss a cup of worm castings in a 2.5 gallon jug with that and let it
brew a couple days

> a batch = 12 half pints
each batch gets 4 cups verm, medium horticultural
2 cups coarse ground rice
2 cups water 'tea'
then i add 1 teaspoon of nut. yeast,
1 tablespoon bee pollen,
1 tablespoon flax seed,
1 tablespoon shredded coconut meat,
1 tablespoon corn meal
and mix well"

make sure you do your best to keep things clean while using additives like these.

#9 lyqwyd

lyqwyd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 658 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:15 AM

can one still steam sterilize this suped up subsrate, or is a pc necessary? i still havent upgraded.... to much L around for me to remain super interested in the shroomies

#10 skullfarmer

skullfarmer

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:41 PM

im guessing you need a pressure cooker,xpecially if you use a natural source of water.afoaf always steam steralizes his jars/substrate and the only time he ever used lake water instead of tap water all of his jars(14) had contams.this was a blessing in disquise because 2 days after he threw out all of his cakes the cops came in the door.fuckin close call

#11 Omega 11

Omega 11

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:56 PM

My foaf saw that same post with Hippie3's cake recipe and decided to try a batch of a dozen. He knocked up the jars 2 days ago. I'll keep everyone posted on how he's doing once he gets back to me.

#12 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,374 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2006 - 02:42 PM

When I get home I'll get my heavily modified recipie and post it here. I have gotten average per-cake dry yields of 6 to 9.5g and that was using pints, getting 3-5 flushes, not bleach dunking (I'm new here and just found the bleach thing and am now using it...thanks y'all), and shooting straight water from reverse osmosis filter into cakes with marinade-injector syringe between flushes (this is tricky, more later...). Strain was originally from PF Tek circa 1998 with only the fastest, biggest specimens used to make new spore plungers (I like calling them plungers instead of syringes, sounds more innocuous to me). Now I just use the cakes as spawn masters for poly bags full o' cracked corn.

I guess recipie comparisons could be made by posting dry-weight per cake yields (specifying the size of your cakes)? Also, I average my results from a run.

TVC
  • MsBehavin420 likes this

#13 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:41 AM

Hippie posted this recipe a while back:
gallon
brew a couple days
2 cups water 'tea'
1 tablespoon bee pollen,
1 tablespoon flax seed,
1 tablespoon corn meal
and mix well"
make sure you do your best to keep things clean while using additives like these.

i still use that formula
but i reduced the nut. yeast to 1/2 teaspoon.
i still use lake water fortified with worm castings and kelp extract.
and i always use a pc, 1 hr at 15 psi.
i average about 5-6 dry g's per 1/2 pint cake using multispore inoculations,
more with cloned cultivars.

#14 shroomtastic

shroomtastic

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:10 AM

my buddy adds one pill crushed up of bee pollen to the maximum fruiting recipe of oringinal pf tek. don't kno if it helps but it works we will try um out in week or 2!!! heard it adds potency. i read it somewhere alos u don't need a pressure cooker for this recipe as he has done 20 jars 10 of each strain and all have no contams. he uses a regualar pot and boils the jars for a hour with foil on top the lids and tape over the holes with the lids a lil loose. then when they cool he tightens the lids and takes off foil and innoculates through the tape

#15 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:14 AM

gallon
brew a couple days
2 cups water 'tea'
1 tablespoon bee pollen,
1 tablespoon flax seed,
1 tablespoon corn meal
and mix well"

i still use that formula
but i reduced the nut. yeast to 1/2 teaspoon.
i still use lake water fortified with worm castings and kelp extract.
and i always use a pc, 1 hr at 15 psi.
i average about 5-6 dry g's per 1/2 pint cake using multispore inoculations,
more with cloned cultivars.

Those words should be bronzed, cast on tablets, recorded. The sacred recipe that unlocks the mysteries of Mycotopia:bow:
  • pollan34653 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!