• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 M&M420

M&M420

Eternity Intern

• Validating
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:31 AM

Oh ok I see.Guess I should have asked before making an assumption.Good luck I'll be looking forward to the outcome:thumbup:

#22 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

Cool man, I hope it works out well for you. Keep us updated. ;)

#23 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:33 PM

The reason I did'nt just slap the clone in the fridge is because I have a busy week and this weekend was the only time I had to work with it. Normally I wouldn't be impatient like that.

Things seemed to go good. I haven't even looked today but will soon. In the meantime wifey came home and gave me a massive syringe ! It says 140 CC , but it can hold 160 CC. I was so stoked ! :rasta:

I decided to make it an LC right away. Added water and karo. Placed two new quarters in there for breaking up myc. Capped the end and simmered it lightly for 20 minutes.

Posted Image

Will add clone chunk material to it when it cools. Should I use a big tip syringe to poke through the clone chunk and shoot that material into the LC syringe ?

Any help welcomed.

P.S: I looked at the "agar" jars. Redboy in general bruises very dark blue and these little chunks sure did. Its hard to tell but the edges look quite bright white so there is hope. How long would you keep those chunks in there ? Remove on the first sight of myc transfer ?

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0140.JPG

#24 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

I took a new syringe and pulled the plunger back , stuck it through the clone chunk , pulled out and shot that into the LC syringe.

Stuffed the top of the syringe with polyfil and stored for observation.

#25 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:37 PM

Decided on good advice from Eats to do the 9er tek blender clone. I've been reading that thread for years and was always taken by its brilliance. I chosse to use a small jar that fits on my blender.

blend.JPG

blend2.JPG

I took the Fatboy (fat Redboy) clone chunk and added it to the blending jar as per instructions. Tightened the blender assembly on the jar. Placed it on the blender and whizzed in short blasts , only a few times.

blender6.jpg

blender4.JPG

This made a good blend which quickly started turning blue. I set it aside and started to prepare to pasteurize my materials. I decided to use what was laying around so it ended up being:

Coir mixed thourougly with Garlic straw chips 50/50
Soaked Cardboard pulp

I pasteurized all of these at 160 F for 2 hours , drained and allowed to cool. When that was done I got my blender ready. I use one made of glass so I poured boiling water in it for 15 minutes first to clean it. Dumped the boiling water and added cardboard pulp and coir/garlic mix. Blended that well and dumped it into a screened strainer.

I repeated this until I went through all the material. The end result was still very wet and as I rolled that around I shot the 9er tek clone water on the mix with a 60 CC syringe. Folded , squirted , folded etc until it was well mixed.

Then over a strainer in the sink I squeezed the heck out of the this mix in my hands like I was forming a tight snowball. Literally wrang the water out of there and they kept there ball-like shape.

DSCF0143.JPG

Placed them in a bag with a breather hole filled with polyfil and set them in a warm dark place.

If all goes well i'll have some "clone balls" growing soon. If not I still had fun with the project and I have other pokers in the fire with the clone project so hopefully one will take off.

Thanks again Eats !

More later.

Edited by coorsmikey, 06 May 2016 - 07:31 PM.
Reinserted pics

#26 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:04 PM

I find it hard to take photos of the contents of jars. My camera is a real crapper.

Here's what that sideways agar jar looks like. Its starting to get white on the edges.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0168.JPG

#27 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

woah thats some blue muck!

#28 bear

bear

Silly Animal

• Expired Member
  • 984 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:11 AM

yeah never seen such a blue muck!

#29 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

The chunks are getting white and fuzzy. Thats a relief because they were so dark blue I thought they might turn to mush (literally).

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0177.JPG

#30 M&M420

M&M420

Eternity Intern

• Validating
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

Aha success :eusa_clap.How's the others looking?

#31 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:24 PM

How's the others looking?

I had a shortage of jars and didn't think of the sideways bigger jar until the last second. Therefore I poured those little jars to high. Oh well , they're still looking good as far as the clone chunk goes.

Next time i'll just put a skiff on the bottom (like an 1/8th of the jar). Usually in the past i've done that but I was thinking the cardboard pulp and BRF would help it fully colonize. We'll see I guess ...

Here's what I normally do when I do regular agar jars in the PC.

Make agar and pour thinly in small glass jars
PC
Allow to cool
Innoc through lid
Colonize

post-10514-138187127869_thumb.jpg

Once colonized (with pins if you neglect) you inject 70 CC's of clean water into the jar. Shake vigorously. Suck 60 CC's out and cap. Drain the remaining liquid by askewing the lid and pouring. Replace jar lid and re-colonize.

post-10514-138187127881_thumb.jpg

post-10514-138187127896_thumb.jpg

post-10514-138187127901_thumb.jpg

As unsterile as that sounds i've done it as many as 5 times or more for each jar. After the jar recovers it colonizes very fast each time and seems to enjoy the process.

I'm hoping if the sideways jar goes off to do this process with it. If it does deep-colonize instead of on the surface then i'll go ahead with plan A to blend it to a slurry.

As mentioned earlier if it fails completely then I had fun trying ...

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0082.JPG
  • agar8.jpg
  • agar7.JPG
  • DSCF0081.JPG

Edited by hyphaenation, 16 February 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#32 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

Here's an update on the little jars of an "Agar-like-substance". I opened one for a second both to get a good look and to take a quick pic. Its at the 48 hour stage.

Its hard to see through that size of jar as it has relief work that obscures.

Attached Thumbnails

• agar420.JPG
  • agar10.JPG

#33 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

Couple of questions:

1. How much growth is good before you'd pull those clone chunks out ?

2. Should I , now that I see growth in the big jar , flip those chunks over so they start new innoc points ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

#34 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

No help :eusa_doh:

Just kidding , it would'nt have mattered. Believe I made the mix to wet and this led to some foul smells. Wifey no likey ...

Had to discard.

It was fun going through the process though. What was I thinking , I should have used cardboard ! lol

Actually I did enable plan-B and made some clone-balls (pictured below)

4DDEC4CF-3474-439D-8AEE-14B92EC7E9A9-1133-000001F873330F83_tmp.png

Edited by coorsmikey, 03 December 2016 - 03:23 PM.

#35 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

My balls ?

Their starting to get hairy...

Posted Image

#36 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

Any change?

#37 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

They're going slow. I think I either blended the slurry to much (tried not to) or my temps are to low (severe cold snap for the last week or so).

I still see lots of myc but i've avoided looking daily because of let-down. I've got them in the warmest place in the house , probably 70 - 75 average.

*edit* actually I used 9er tek water on the balls and it was n'awfully blue.

Maybe a case of blue balls ?

#38 Dlight

Dlight

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 475 posts

Donator

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:40 PM

Placed a clone chunk in each jar. Then replaced lids and added 2 layers of coffee filter discs.

We'll see what happens. I already feel I poured them to deep , but we'll have to see what happens.

This is going to be silly.  But is the coffee filter discs anything more than 2 coffee filters on top of each other?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!