27 replies to this topic

#21 Fester Addams

Fester Addams

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:50 AM

Cthulhu R'lyeh!

Have you tried putting the cakes into bigger jars before they start making stones? 1/2 pint into a pint jar, for example, or maybe even in wide mouth quarts, ala Chronic's tek?

#22 blackout

blackout

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:51 PM

so what happened? did you manage to get fruits of your cakes?

No fruits. I cased the left over RGS but it has shown no growth and will be tossed soon. I do not think they will fruit unless cased.

#23 Cthulhu's Tentacle

Cthulhu's Tentacle

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:29 PM

Cthulhu R'lyeh!

Have you tried putting the cakes into bigger jars before they start making stones? 1/2 pint into a pint jar, for example, or maybe even in wide mouth quarts, ala Chronic's tek?

the cakes start making stones before they are fully colonized...

#24 osoloco69

osoloco69

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:59 PM

The atl#7 was taken into lc from an isolate froma sclerotia. Yes they do take and do well from lc.

#25 blackout

blackout

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:03 PM

my atlantis did poorly on wheat grain which is similar to rye, they did much better on RGS but did not form sclerotia throughout the substrate (as workman had found on his cased grows.)
On my next grow I will be innoculating with a large amount of LC made from a stone. I will put interfaces in the jar for the sclerotia to grow up against, like bits of glass or metal discs.

#26 TripTout

TripTout

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:51 PM

I got prints from the original collector of this strain about 2 years ago and grew them out on ryegrass seed. The sclerotia form well on this substrate and I would say are somewhat less potent than tampanensis, but definitely active. The taste is similar to tampanensis. It certainly falls in the tampanensis/mexicana stirp in its macroscopic features. I haven't looked at the microscopic features. Rodger, you have a chance to try this strain yet?
Elphstone

I can personally attest to the work that Workman put into the #7. I got a hold of a couple other #'s, and this 7 is really amazing in comparison. You might be surprised if you check this one out, they're seemingly the quickest forming and very strong, in my opinion. I have a friend that ate a wet 1/4 and he says it was the most unique psychedelic experience of his life.

#27 osoloco69

osoloco69

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:28 PM

Triptout wrote- "I got a hold of a couple other #'s", and I would like to clarify that the person from whom the multispore syringe of Atl#7 was obtained had a friend who did all of the work with the strain with obtaining the different isolates. That guy said that he had the best yeild with the #7 isolate that was taken. Trip has only had the #7, that is unless you consider subisolates from stones from multispore syringe. I took 3 subisolates from the ms Atl#7 and have them labeled 1-3.

#28 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:22 PM

archive material

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!