Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Good intent and careful planning on Setting ...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mrg.

mrg.

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:51 AM

Hi,

Some questions for the more experienced psychonauts inside ...

Me and my wife are planning on taking dried cubenis on the day after Xmas.

I've taken cubies 3 times before (first time with my wife, both half a portion), twice fresh and one time from the fridge (I made an omelet for the second time). Also I tried phi stone tea once ... not very visual in contrast to the cubies.
Furthermore we both tried ps. semilanceate tea (from dried species) ... not very visual and only slightly noticable.

According to the subject, I think I know What is important, but I'm not sure How to create a good setting, prepare the entheogens and influence the process in such a way that my wife will have a marvelous experience. (She's not convinced yet that entheogens are an enrichment/gift for her Self).

So, good intent, good setting and worry-free mind ... but more specific:

- How to prepare/ingest the dried shrooms? Any good recepy suggestions?
- What time is best to take them? During day or night time?
- Would you consider going out in winter time as a good idea? (When it's not too cold or when it's raining bad ...)
- What not to eat/drink in advance (24 hours or longer) and what not to eat and drink during the experience?
- What to drink/eat during the experience?
- What to do during a session? Meditation, music listening, having sex, ... suggestions are welcome!

If this info is easily found in the archives or current forums, a redirection would be fantastic too!

Thanks for your insight, help and time,

Love and Light :love:

mrg.

#2 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:19 AM

Hi,

Some questions for the more experienced psychonauts inside ...

Me and my wife are planning on taking dried cubenis on the day after Xmas.

I've taken cubies 3 times before (first time with my wife, both half a portion), twice fresh and one time from the fridge (I made an omelet for the second time). Also I tried phi stone tea once ... not very visual in contrast to the cubies.
Furthermore we both tried ps. semilanceate tea (from dried species) ... not very visual and only slightly noticable.

According to the subject, I think I know What is important, but I'm not sure How to create a good setting, prepare the entheogens and influence the process in such a way that my wife will have a marvelous experience. (She's not convinced yet that entheogens are an enrichment/gift for her Self).

So, good intent, good setting and worry-free mind ... but more specific:

- How to prepare/ingest the dried shrooms? Any good recepy suggestions?
- What time is best to take them? During day or night time?
- Would you consider going out in winter time as a good idea? (When it's not too cold or when it's raining bad ...)
- What not to eat/drink in advance (24 hours or longer) and what not to eat and drink during the experience?
- What to drink/eat during the experience?
- What to do during a session? Meditation, music listening, having sex, ... suggestions are welcome!

If this info is easily found in the archives or current forums, a redirection would be fantastic too!

Thanks for your insight, help and time,

mrg.

:D Hi.

I think it varies from person to person and what you're generally comfortable with. I do however think that a calm and gently lit environment with some nice soothing music usually makes everyone feel great. :)

As for ingesting them, I would make tea. Cut up the dried shrooms into smaller pieces. Place them in a mug. Boil some water on the stove and then pour the water into the cup with the shrooms. Let this sit for 15 minutes. Strain the shrooms from the water and squeez the liquid from them a good bit. Boil more water and give the shrooms a second steep for another 15 minutes, this time adding a tea bag as well. Strain and squeez out the shrooms and the tea bag, combine both waters and stir, seperate into two equal doses and sip it down over the course of 5 or 10 minutes.

My girlfriend and I usually eat em around 9 or 10 at night. We turn off the phones, lock the doors and shut ourself off from the outside world for the next 12 hours or so. :) Hehehehe...going out can be really fun if you're comfortable with it but to start out with psychedelics its nice to just stay inside in a nice controlled environment.

I'll usually have two light meals during the day but I do not like to eat at least 5 or 6 hours before dosing. I usually never eat during the trip and drink mostly water, everything else tastes bad for me. Heh.

As far as what to do during the session? Anything that seems fun, experiment. :D Usually nice candles and fun lights, things with color or patterns to look at and nice music can entertain for hours. Buy some lovely flowers to put in a vase and stare at. Sit and stare into your partners eyes until you can see through them and inside of their soul. Talk about how strange it is that we drive on parkways and park in driveways.... :dance: Honestly, I think the trip usually directs itself.

Best of all remember its all with good intentions and you have nothing to fear. Even the uglier sides of life are important and beautiful and I always try to remember this anytime my thoughts wander to less happier things. I've been able to make peace with lots of things I used to fear before psychedelics.

#3 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:01 AM

im tripping the day after xmas to. this time im going during the day. but only because i work the next morning. id clean out your system a day before it by drinking lots of water to flush shit out. also to get a good trip " for me" take them dry on an empty stomach. you can go out but dont be surprised if it blows your mind and you go out looking silly.

#4 {Mr}fLoYd

{Mr}fLoYd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:33 PM

Glad your trying to introduce your wife into the esperience and even better your concerned for her and her experience with it.

I agree that you should clean out your system for a good 24 hrs, no soda or beer realy just water and some natural fruit juice. My roomate in college taught me to trip and i have done it like this ever since. He always said that a trip is alive and you have to feed it and take care of it. We would always eat fruit during a trip, oranges and banannas were our favorite and we usually took dry mushrooms, in order to get them down we would eat them with applesauce, the thought is the sugar from the sauce helps absorption into the blood stream but also gives more substance to the mushrooms and the digestive process, as well as softening them, i have never done chocolate bars so i can not compare.

An hour or 2 before our planned trip we would eat a fairly large amount of food but once again not processed foods or junk food, soups, potatoes of some sort, pasta, breads, ect. I have always felt like a trip can take a lot out of a me and the extra callories help that. Likewise he always said its important to drink because your body looses a lot of fluids, i sweat like a mother when i trip, and so i usually will drink 3-4 regular sized bottles of water over the course of a 6-8 hr trip.

As for time of day i have had the best luck on a 6 hr trip with 2 hrs of come down and then go to bed. I tripped one day in the middle of the afternoon and then i felt absolutely drained and also somewhat "empty" for the rest of the evening, it was not a pleasant experience and i have always planned to go to bed withing 2 hrs of the come down process. On the other hand its damn near impossible to go to bed in the middle of a trip so if its her first time you might want to plan on 3 hrs of come down, you can always go to bed early if your ready, your body will thank you.

Things to do can be anything, music is outrageously fun, a favorite of mine being young is online first person shooter games, very intense and very fun, but like suggested earlier if your with a partner intimacy and talking and sharing is probably more your taste, and just let your mind wander and enjoy being with each other. The outdoors can be very interesting, visually mostly, and whatever stimulus (visual or auditory) your are using is hightened, music is more meaningfull and the trees seem to be very sensual.

I have found that by not trying to control too much of what your doing and just allowing yourself to let go and enjoy everything around you you will have a lot of fun and be more relaxed, and yes you will probably figure out a lot of things that are going on in your life if you two talk and reason with each other.

enjoy

FLOYD

#5 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:42 PM

o if your girl is new to this i wouldnt give her much more than 3 dry grams. any more she might freak out on you. and let me tell you playn babysitter for your significant other well your fucked up yourself is not much fun. i know this from experience. your best bet though is to make tea. hits you fast and you can cook that nasty ass taste right out of them. i can never taste the mushrooms when i make tea.

#6 mrg.

mrg.

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:56 AM

First off, thank you all for the replies.
Thinking of making tea.
Will have ready the fruits and bottles of water
Try to be as sober as possible on xmas day
(have to visit family in law though :-s)
Music will be no problem. :dance:
one question to FLOYD:

An hour or 2 before our planned trip we would eat a fairly large amount of food but once again not processed foods or junk food, soups, potatoes of some sort, pasta, breads, ect. I have always felt like a trip can take a lot out of a me and the extra callories help that. FLOYD

Bit confused here.
What would you eat instead of processed food/junk food, soups, potatoes, pasta or bread? Rice with vegetarian curry for example? What do you mean?
Thanks,
Love and Light,
mrg.

#7 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 09:25 PM

I can't handle eating before tripping for at least 4 hours. Otherwise I get a tummy ache and feel bloated. This is with even small light meals, I prefer just to not eat.

#8 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 10:58 PM

im with you on not eating as i usually puke.

#9 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:54 AM

I have had some to eat before a trip, but I find it slows the come up and the trip is not as strong. An empty stomach is best, IMO.

#10 elixir

elixir

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:56 AM

I hope to see a trip report tomorrow :D

#11 mrg.

mrg.

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 04:24 PM

I hope to see a trip report tomorrow :D

:)
We ate some fruit as breakfast (kiwi, orange, pear) - nothing else
at about 2 o'clock we made an omelet with the shrooms (I took a full dose (30 gr. wet), 2 big fellas and my wife about 3/4 of a dose). I bought them a few days ago (no home grown :(). Were not entirly fresh anymore, but still ok.
Ate the omelet with two roasted slices of bread.
Trippy feeling came stealth like. Not very visual but very deep. (Had music on and made me go all around everything in my head. Even realy truely felt some things I'd said in the past about myself ... dark, not pleasant.)
Finaly came the 'just be phase' ... really calm and peaceful.
My wife was like a happy little girl. Also some deep thoughts and some greef (we didn't get kids until now, and she is getting 38 next year).
Overall good deep trip with happy peaks ... even managed to watch lord of the rings part 2 later that night :-p ...
(I used some THC just after I'd been peaking ... made the come down easier).
Overall ... a trip to remember ... but not the most enlightened one.
Thanks for the tips and recommendations.

#12 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 27 December 2005 - 04:40 PM

For deep enlightenment I usually trip alone. I do this so I won't be side tracked when I am in deep thought, and believe me, your thoughts can spiral in on themselves and carry you along on the wave. You can concentrate your thoughts so much better when alone.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!