• TVCasualty, MLBjammer, ChimX and 2 others like this

#122 themickster

themickster

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:53 AM

Ha! Good stuff right there Mikey!
I'm kinda new to this whole thing so I read all the way through from page one, wondering the whole time who resurrected this thread and why. Lol.

I might have to give this a try...... :)
  • MLBjammer likes this

#123 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,968 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:30 AM

Yeah I wanted to bring this back up and restore the pics and links. It is one of my favorites from Hyph and I have been searching for it for a while to link to others asking questions. I'm stoked to have found it again. I am going to pin it for convenience so I don't have search for it to work on it. Then I will give a proper home.

Edited by coorsmikey, 03 December 2016 - 01:36 AM.

• Sidestreet, MLBjammer, shoomer and 1 other like this

#124 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,360 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:39 AM

Good work.  Dang, I thought it was in the vaults already--definitely should be.

• Juthro likes this

#125 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:03 AM

It was locked up for some time. Thanks for opening it up.
  • MLBjammer likes this

#126 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,360 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:24 PM

Damn, man, I had no idea.  This one of my favorite threads of yours.  Glad to see it back.

Edited by MLBjammer, 03 December 2016 - 01:26 PM.

#127 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

Yah I think it was closed for further comment as it was archived. No big deal. Thanks again.

• MLBjammer likes this

#128 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,968 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:07 PM

I found it lost in purgatory between the open forums and the vaults as you may remember the Meat Locker.
  • MLBjammer likes this

#129 peptorepto

peptorepto

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

You suppose I could use crabgrass straw for this? I have a bunch of dry crabgrass which could possibly be good to use for this.

• MLBjammer and CatsAndBats like this

#130 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

Try a test batch by pasturizing it at 155f for two hours then draining it and letting it cool. Then inoculate it with some mycelium and see what kind of growth you get. Based on those findings you can see how to proceed.
  • MLBjammer likes this

#131 peptorepto

peptorepto

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:08 AM

You suppose I could use crabgrass straw for this? I have a bunch of dry crabgrass which could possibly be good to use for this.

sorry, didn't see your reply so I did it, lol. Used some eggcarton+corrugated cardboard and some coir/verm and some of the crabgrass straw. Then I added some LC to it. made 4 pucks and 5 clone balls. Lets see how it does ;)

• MLBjammer likes this

#132 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,474 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:44 AM

Good save, Mikey! Thanks for being on the ball my brother! That, and making the effort to fix it once you found it. It benefits us all, and thank you :)

I love this thread, it is an epic. Thank you, Hypha. All the research and work you put in here, as well as the time and effort to write it all up to share it with us. If you think about it, there are phenomenal amount of hours invested in this single thread. I'm glad to see it where it can help and teach some new folks.

So is it (this thread), in the Archives now? (it very much should be, if not)
  • MLBjammer and coorsmikey like this

#133 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:53 PM

Feel free to post your results if you like, or wherever you like of course...

How did you "add LC" to the pucks? In the whole mix or squirted on after they were made?

Hope the myc likes your mix. Good luck.
  • MLBjammer likes this

#134 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,102 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:28 PM

It would be rad to see woodlovers fruiting from a puck. I dig the simplicity of this. Once you have a colonized puck, you could fruit it directly or plant the puck as spawn in a tub. I've never seen woodlovers fruiting from a cake or puck. This looks promising, keep up the good work! :D

Placed the words in my mouth, the idea in my head, and hyphaenation's puck tek into the land of lignin......assuming hyphae hasn't already done it..........there's no way we can let this rest without providing the master with shots of a fruited wood puck!

A

Edited by Arathu, 11 January 2017 - 08:29 PM.

• MLBjammer likes this

#135 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,439 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:25 PM

This is the thread that got me started on egg carton, and eventually growing cyans. 

Not to mention all kinds of other excitement...

Good to see it resurrected. 

Thank you, Hyphaenation. (and Mikey)

• MLBjammer likes this

#136 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,968 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

Good save, Mikey! Thanks for being on the ball my brother! That, and making the effort to fix it once you found it. It benefits us all, and thank you :)I love this thread, it is an epic. Thank you, Hypha. All the research and work you put in here, as well as the time and effort to write it all up to share it with us. If you think about it, there are phenomenal amount of hours invested in this single thread. I'm glad to see it where it can help and teach some new folks.So is it (this thread), in the Archives now? (it very much should be, if not)

This topic was on the way to the archives and I pulled it out here to give it life again, also as a reminder to restore it. Any of you that know Hyph knows that he has contributed a lot of good info. Which means for me, chasing down a number of other threads that also have broken links to restore this topic alone. For those of you that don't know Hyph, just look at his post count to get an idea of his contributions. It is much like a giant jigsaw puzzle looking for all the pieces to put together for just this one topic. Links to other great threads that Hyph has posted that also need fixing due to the upgrades and migrations we've been through. It's been a larger project than I anticipated, but I am happy to see others appreciate it as much as I do. @hyphaenation if you still have your photos saved somewhere, please let me know!
  • MLBjammer likes this

#137 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,102 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

Good save, Mikey! Thanks for being on the ball my brother! That, and making the effort to fix it once you found it. It benefits us all, and thank you :)I love this thread, it is an epic. Thank you, Hypha. All the research and work you put in here, as well as the time and effort to write it all up to share it with us. If you think about it, there are phenomenal amount of hours invested in this single thread. I'm glad to see it where it can help and teach some new folks.So is it (this thread), in the Archives now? (it very much should be, if not)

This topic was on the way to the archives and I pulled it out here to give it life again, also as a reminder to restore it. Any of you that know Hyph knows that he has contributed a lot of good info. Which means for me, chasing down a number of other threads that also have broken links to restore this topic alone. For those of you that don't know Hyph, just look at his post count to get an idea of his contributions. It is much like a giant jigsaw puzzle looking for all the pieces to put together for just this one topic. Links to other great threads that Hyph has posted that also need fixing due to the upgrades and migrations we've been through. It's been a larger project than I anticipated, but I am happy to see others appreciate it as much as I do. @hyphaenation if you still have your photos saved somewhere, please let me know!

He continues to inspire and motivate along with a whole host of others living and passed on to the Summerlands.........................recorded for posterity and continued education. This thread and methodology is friggin awesome! Thanks to all of you! 

• MLBjammer likes this

#138 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,693 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:37 PM

Cool, nice to see this TEK getting back in the spotlight.

Seems like it would be a good method to incorporate soil-block presses into for mass-production of the pucks; the smallest size would act as the spawn for each larger size for a Puck-to-Puck (or P2P) expansion.

Something like this:

post-102948-0-09840800-1484353932.jpg

So we can do this, but with fungi:

post-102948-0-60637400-1484353940.jpg

The images above came from http://www.leevalley...2,47236&p=69004but there are many DIY designs or other retail versions that are larger posted online as well.

I didn't review the entire thread so my apologies if this was mentioned previously.

Attached Thumbnails

• xk904s01.jpg
  • xk904s02.jpg

• MLBjammer and coorsmikey like this

#139 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,360 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

TV, this should be your next grow, man.  I really have wanted to try it since I read the thread years ago.  

• TVCasualty likes this

#140 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,102 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:55 PM

Ovoid ate a sheet of particle board and that really dense packing material made from recycled paper.........not to mention real logs. Surely the Puck Tek made with woodlover slurry, if I remember this correctly, has a chance.  :cool:  

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!