• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 MurCurY

MurCurY

I.Know.All

• OG VIP
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:54 PM

making spore water.....i have a print on cardstock. I made these jars with enough water for 20 syringes...approximately. Would i put the whole print in the jar and shake it...or scrape them off with a scalpel...or....what?

Attached Thumbnails

• mushroom_ 287.jpg
  • mushroom_ 291.jpg

#2 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:59 PM

Just scrape the spores in to it. I've tried to just toss in the paper and shake when making up a syringe, but they never completely come off and the paper makes a mess too. It falls to pieces. PM'd ya as well...

#3 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:01 PM

Do you have a glove box?

You can drop the whole thing in but I'd cut off any excess paper that does not contain spores. It may take a little work with a rod or somethings to get them off the paper as well. That can be done after you drop the print in. Prints on paper can be a real pain in the ass. A nice PF jar has always worked best for me.
  • doobydoobydoo likes this

#4 MurCurY

MurCurY

I.Know.All

• OG VIP
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:03 PM

no glove box...i have a scalpel i can flame and dip in sterile water...scrape into the jar....thinking that might be better now.

#5 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:13 PM

yes mur, scrape it off is what works for me. less chance of anything else from the card.
peace
siam

#6 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 09:27 AM

Why don't more people print on glass slides? Large size slides are perfect or just put two regular size slides side by side. I leave the slide in the ziplock and inject sterile water into the bag, stir it around with the needle, scrape some spores off the slide if needed and slurp it all back into the syringe. The only problem with this method is you only get one very dark syringe per print. If you use two slides you can get two syringes per print. I know most people get ten or more syringes from a print but I like to use spore overkill :) I have very few contam problems doing it this way. I only had a few PF jars contam with this method and my environment is less than sterile (greasy, dirty and dusty garage) Another thing I do that works is to leave about one cc of spore water in the syringe and stab it into a new bottle of spring water and refill the syringe. It works very well if the syringe has a heavy load of spores in it to begin with. Does anyone know if there is a "Pigpen" tek out there or maybe I should write one?

#7 blackout

blackout

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 09:48 AM

If you have no glovebox you can use the baggie as a glove box, get a syringe full of sterile water, stick it in, squirt a little out and mix the spores in the with needle, then suck up, repeat this a few times, then inject into your big jars. This also helps break up clumps. Inject very quickly into the big jar to help disperse too.

#8 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:28 AM

Here's an easy method for making your own spore syringes..

http://www.sporelab.com/winotek.htm

#9 InfectedMushroom420

InfectedMushroom420

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 01:22 PM

Hi all!

This is about a way I tried making spore solution. but NOT an instructional post.

This probably has already been done but I've not seen it yet.

What did spark my thoughts was a post where someone said to glue a tack inside the cap of your jar to squir or stick the mushy cap to and that it made a nice swirl print in the glass on the bottom without touching it. I'm sorry, I'll find who said it and post it hehe.

Anyway along with that thought, I'm looking at my jar I previously made by putting a cap directly into the jar on the bottom then retrieving it a day later and adding water.

Well my jar had this big print on the bottom, and after adding water and shaking the hell out of it, half the print still remains on the bottom and I have various size chunks or spots of spores in my solution. I shake this every day by the way, lol nothing changes. Well its fine and it works and nocking up jars but I wanted it like really nice, perfect, no chunks or various size spots of spores, just a perfect like fine mist of spores in my solution.

So with these two thoughts, I figured, well why not suspend the cap above the solution so it can't blot or dry on the glass bottom.

I nailed a 3D 1-1/4" finish nail through the top of my lid of a 1/2 pint jar.

Then I used Silicon Adhesive over the top of the nail head and around where the nail come out of the bottom of the lid just to hold the nail steady. Let it dry. I did 6 of these for a trial run.

Then I took my jars, added maybe an inch of spring water to each. Put the lids on and pc'd for 20 min.

So you see the picture? Gosh I need a camera lol

Anyway last night I did up 2 jars, placing a cap in the nail in each. Today I had this really nice black layer/print laying on the suface of the water. I was hoping it wouldn't clump when mixed.

Excited, I took the caps out, filled with pre-steralized water (by the way, all this in a glove box and sterile procedures used) closed and shook the jars.

I canot believe I got exactely what I was looking for. The spore solution looks so perfect, so rich with a mist of spores, no clumps or various sizes that the eye can see. Just like suspended there hehe.

I was so happy I had to share it. This looks way better then my first sryinge/solution I purchased to start which was clumpy.

So now I'm thinking, can this be better? I think so. Also what are the posssibilities of making the solution so rich in spores its almost dark by replacing the spent cap with another. I think its very achievable but:

Will it be any better for nocking things up?

Not sure but I'm going to find out real soon! :)

#10 Phungivore

Phungivore

ɹǝuoɟ ƃuıʞɔnʇs

• OG VIP
  • 746 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:26 PM

wow had this idead about 6 years ago but never did it , cool to se another mycophile try it. couple this with the ultra sonic sink tek and you got on well distributed spore syringe. that is rich in spores.

i think i will try this next time. but think i would go for a pint jar or maybe a quart because most peeps say to use a small part of a print, if that is tha case it seems logical that with a full print a person could make a full quart size spore soultion, and still be more spores then most vendors syringes

#11 SporeAddik1

SporeAddik1

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:26 PM

I'm assuming none of your caps fell in the water. but is that a factor? did the caps loosen up a bit as they dried?

#12 motograter

motograter

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 603 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:13 PM

I found something similar, not sure who to give credit too either.....
you put some thin wire like speaker wire on the mouth of the jar to kinda make a + shape, add enough water to make a few syringes. cover with foil, PC, cool, bring it to a glove box, rest the cap on the wire, cover again, and a day or 2 later, you have spore water... Im gunna look this one up again, want to credit the right person for this.

#13 mayakujoshrooom

mayakujoshrooom

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:32 PM

Nice idea, how hard do you have to shake/swirl the water to make the spores break through the surface? If it's easy you could use an airport lid with a nail, you would only have to open the lid once to impale the cap. Swirl the jar a little so the cap stays undisturbed and start to fill the syringes.

Do the caps shrink onto the nail and stick to it or do they tend to get loose?

Phungivore, what's the ultra sonic sink tek? had a quick search but i couldn't find anything.

#14 InfectedMushroom420

InfectedMushroom420

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

but think i would go for a pint jar or maybe a quart because most peeps say to use a small part of a print, if that is tha case it seems logical that with a full print a person could make a full quart size spore soultion, and still be more spores then most vendors syringes

I was thinking the same thing. Why not more or bigger jars. Then on the other hand, why not smaller jars of higher concentration to either use as a strong dose OR to keep it small till you need more then say draw up 60cc of highly concentrated spore solution and inject into another container and add more water. Keeping the storage containers small at the same time.

I'm assuming none of your caps fell in the water. but is that a factor? did the caps loosen up a bit as they dried?

No they didn't. I was also careful not to jar it as I didn't know if it would be loose or not after 24 hrs.

how hard do you have to shake/swirl the water to make the spores break through the surface?

Not hard at all as the idea was if the spores landed on the water they would always be moist instead of partially drying on the bottom of an empty jar so it made sense that they would mix well and easily. That tested positive :)

Do the caps shrink onto the nail and stick to it or do they tend to get loose?

From the 2 I tried today, when I pulled them off the nail, they seemed to be about the same as when I stuck them on. Not ready ot fall off and not hard to pull off.

And Phungivore, I would really be interested in reading this tek on ultra sonic sink. Please share a link with us :)

#15 Stenciler

Stenciler

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:20 AM

normal spore prints, though in closed areas lack any atmospheric water other than that in the mushie. By sporing over water, you may have inadvertently found a way to raise the atmos. H20 to a point that the cap won't shrivel and fall off. Kudos!

#16 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:37 AM

I like pints. I just leave the jar dry until I'm ready to use and then inject water for syringes or dex/LME/karo to go straight to LC.

If you do the spore drop on a layer of marbles, you can shake a lot more of them into the water when it comes time.

#17 Elf Salvation

Elf Salvation

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:15 PM

nice i did something simmila by sterilizing a quart of distiled water with air port lid, took off lid in gb and scraped spored into jars and replaced lid. Also added some karo to water but the jar has been kept in fridge.

#18 OZ

OZ

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:48 PM

i think this is called the 9er tek.... correct me if im wrong

#19 bluecat

bluecat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:15 PM

sometimes the caps can fall off. you can use a large fish hook to prevent it.make 2 holes in the lid and use a piece of wire to hold the hook.

#20 InfectedMushroom420

InfectedMushroom420

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:23 PM

i think this is called the 9er tek.... correct me if im wrong

I wouldnt know but if it is, cudoos to him lol

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!