• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#1 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

My life seems crazy right now. I got married a year ago, just purchased my first home (woot!), am currently working three jobs, while trying to keep up with my favorite hobbies in between. A couple years back I did some deep voyaging via strong doses of wavy caps and syrian rue; multiple times I was put into that familiar fetal position where ego dissolved and I rocketed through the dark tunnel of space and time, with colorful geometric patterns bursting around me. :teeth: As terrifying and rewarding as pushing the "reset" button is, for me the psychedelic experience is all about gaining insight into one's own character. I believe the best thing any of us can do for the world is to make ourselves better people.

Inspired by my fellow Topians journeys and reports, I've decided to kick it up a notch in my personal voyage. I'm really itching to try spice, but first want to make an ayahuasca brew. I plan to try cactus for my first time, and if I can muster up the courage take a heavy amanita trip too. Call me crazy, but I hope/plan to trip on or around every full moon for the remainder of this calender year. There's Nine Moons to go, starting tomorrow and culminating on New Years Eve. Wish me luck and send me love Topiates! :heart:

Saturday, May 9th - Mushrooms

Sunday, June 7th - Cactus

Tuesday, July 7th - Ayahuasca

Thursday, August 6th - Mushrooms

Friday, September 4th - Salvia

Sunday, October 4th - DMT

Monday, November 2nd - Mushrooms

Wednesday, December 2nd - Amanita

Thursday, December 31st - Ayahuasca

^^^
That's the plan at least. :amazed: Dosages to be determined, I'll be posting some prep questions and pics, nine reports to follow. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Much love to you all. :bow:
  • eastwood, nightflyer, Calaquendi and 1 other like this

#2 Oblivion

Oblivion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

Damn seeker, that's an impressive line-up. Not too aggressive either. I like to trip once a month myself. Have a save voyage tomorrow. I will be driving while you're tripping so I'll have plenty of time to think of you and send some positive energy your way.

#3 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:26 PM

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts, Oblivion. Blast off time is late tomorrow evening. You have fun camping this weekend!

#4 nodnarb1978

nodnarb1978

Former master of my mind

• Expired Member
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

Awesome map to follow. The wife and myself had an unbelievable trip on Golden teachers Sunday. We both ate 13g's! It hit us in 15 minutes. Talking about colors chasing colors holy [email protected]! I ended up stepping outside for a few and had a conversation with nature. Have you ever heard what a tree has to say? I learned to never leave your partner alone on that kind of dose! Found her balled up in the fetal position on the bed with a terrified look on her face! Poor thing. Hey seek put out some knowledge of your trips on those dates.
  • shroom_seeker likes this

#5 EmmisonJ

EmmisonJ

halcyon & on & on

• Expired Member
  • 958 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:55 PM

multiple times I was put into that familiar fetal position where ego dissolved and I rocketed through the dark tunnel of space and time, with colorful geometric patterns bursting around me.

you too? that's lsd ego death is like for me every single time.

congrats on all your latest accomplishments and enjoy your ventures... or "tour de universe" :)

#6 Calaquendi

Calaquendi

Reflection

• OG VIP
  • 820 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

nice, man.
are aminitas dangerous? dont know many personally that are into it. like to hear about yer experience..

#7 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:53 AM

Awesome map to follow. The wife and myself had an unbelievable trip on Golden teachers Sunday. We both ate 13g's! It hit us in 15 minutes. Talking about colors chasing colors holy [email protected]!

13 grams each - Wow! :amazed: Hats off to you for even having the guts to ingest that much, that must have been one hell of a time. Can you share anything that you and your wife took away from the experience?

Hey seek put out some knowledge of your trips on those dates.

Man, I'll be honored if I can share any knowledge with you all. I expect these upcoming trips to be a bit intense for me. So actually, I'll be all ears for your folks responses. Lots of experienced trippers around these parts, and I could use the help!
Funny you mentioned the tree, Nodnarb, I made a special connection with one on my very first trip. Probably not on your level tho, and dude I'm just glad the ufos didn't take you away on that dose. :lol: j/k

#8 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:20 AM

that's lsd ego death is like for me every single time.

For sure, classic ego death experiences for me. Interesting to hear that LSD gives a very similar effect for you. I hope to try acid someday. I know it's not the same, but I really enjoyed the electric times I've spent with HBW seeds. :o

A quick story about the black ego death tunnel.. on most occasions I've exploded forward through the tunnel at a tremendous pace, but the last time I found myself in that space I radiated/pulsed backwards (to my body). I had taken Golden Teachers with my wife, and was stuck in quite a painfully thought of my grandfather, whom I love very much and had recently been diagnosed with alzheimers. Well anyways, I had told some stories about going fishing and spending times in the woods with my gramps, childhood stories, and I cried and closed my eyes. Although my grandfather is still alive and I see him regularly, I dealt with his death that night. When I was able to "let it go", tears rushed and the universe rained love on me. With my eyes closed I had the most exquisite ride, slowly back, pulsing and coherent to my body. It's very hard for me to articulate that experience, but it was just so damn lovely. We do like the GTs. :)

congrats on all your latest accomplishments and enjoy your ventures... or "tour de universe" :)

Thank you for your kind wishes. :bow:

#9 nodnarb1978

nodnarb1978

Former master of my mind

• Expired Member
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:33 AM

[QUOTE=shroom_seeker;706008 Can you share anything that you and your wife took away from the experience?

[/QUOTE]

To be honest seek there wasn't much talking. The only conversation I remember was "I think we ate too much!" I did see colors chasing other colors around showing me how they mix. I really enjoy the hell out of the Mood Doculators. Thanks for the free music player, I am going to get a cd soon. I went on a kind of time journey, which was great. I was in a total trance with surges of energy. Wifey said I was non responsive to her for awhile. I was flying thru horizons seein man and other things evolving growing and the crumbling. Ended up staring at a place with sand, not a desert or beach, just a "wasteland" We also had a little one wake up and we had to tend to him. Kids are amazingly intense and he really touched my heart observing him.

#10 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:46 AM

nice, man.
are aminitas dangerous? dont know many personally that are into it. like to hear about yer experience..

Well you probably know this already, but some amanitas are deadly poisonous (a.phalloides & a.virosa aka a.bisporigera). They are definitely a different trip altogether than psilocybin containing mushrooms.

My experiences to this point with amanitas have been low doses (2-4 grams) of the red-topped mushroom, Amanita muscaria. At those levels I've experienced euphoria, a drunken/buzzed feeling, sweating, dissociation, blurring of vision, and the alice and wonderland effect of seeing objects in front of me much larger than they really are. I've yet to take the plunge into a heavy amanita dose, which might be somewhere in the range of 5-10 grams(or more), although I'm really no expert on them. Not too long ago a friend roasted fresh a.muscaria var. formosa over a fire before consuming, ate them and fell asleep, and reported to have the strangest dreams of his life. To me the amanita seems more masculine and much less forgiving then psilocybin mushrooms.. proceed with caution if you try them. I know of a couple folks that have formed a strong alliance with the amanitas.

#11 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:55 AM

To be honest seek there wasn't much talking. The only conversation I remember was "I think we ate too much!" I did see colors chasing other colors around showing me how they mix.

Thought it might have gone like that, sounds like a great trip nonetheless. It must have been beautiful looking down on your child with clear eyes. Thank you so much for sharing that. :hippie:

#12 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:09 AM

This is what I have planned for tomorrow:
http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1241852710
I've developed some sensitivity to cubes, it only takes 2-3 grams to get me off, so these 5 dried grams of texans should knock me into hyperspace. :space:
It's my first time taking this large of a dose, so wish me luck and keep the good vibes coming!

Attached Thumbnails

• five_dried_grams.JPG

#13 Calaquendi

Calaquendi

Reflection

• OG VIP
  • 820 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:47 AM

To me the amanita seems more masculine and much less forgiving then psilocybin mushrooms.. proceed with caution if you try them. I know of a couple folks that have formed a strong alliance with the amanitas.

great observation, seeker. i like that alot. astute.

#14 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

Thank you Calaquendi. :bow:
I have a few moments of clarity mixed with the chaos.

#15 datsun

datsun

Vroom

• OG VIP
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:39 AM

the reason I haven't been really enthused about trying amanitas is the possibility of OD, I understand the want/need to try different things but I guess Ive steered clear of those because of that. wikipedia snippet follows.

Anyone had fun with amanitas?

Toxicity

Amanita muscaria contains a number of biologically active agents, at least two of which, muscimol and ibotenic acid, are known to be psychoactive. A toxic dose in adults is approximately 6 mg muscimol or 30 to 60 mg ibotenic acid,[56][57] this is typically about the amount found in one cap of Amanita muscaria.[58] However, the amount and ratio of chemical compounds per mushroom varies widely from region to region and season to season, which further confuses the issue. Spring and summer mushrooms have been reported to contain up to 10 times as much ibotenic acid and muscimol compared to autumn fruitings.

#16 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:06 AM

I don't know, there are a lot of contradictions about the mushrooms toxicity within that same wiki article: http://en.wikipedia....manita_muscaria
Although generally considered poisonous, deaths are extremely rare, and it has been consumed as a food in parts of Europe, Asia, and North America after parboiling in plentiful water. However, Amanita muscaria is now primarily famed for its hallucinogenic properties with its main psychoactive constituent being the compound muscimol. It was used as an intoxicant and entheogen by the peoples of Siberia and has a religious significance in these cultures.

Because chemical content can vary greatly from one mushroom to another, it's been recommended that one powder and mix the mushrooms for a most uniform experience. Heating the mushroom in an oven, on a grill, or drying in a dehydrater is also recommended as it converts the chemicals in the mushroom, allowing your body to better process them.

Many of you know BuckarooBanzai, he is our house expert on amanita consumption and has some great thoughts on the subject: http://mycotopia.net...504-post59.htmlBuckaroo says, Most mushroom field guides qualify Amanita Muscaria as poisonous. Amanita Muscaria is NOT a poison in doses of less than a couple hundred grams – in 300+ years there is only one “suspected” death (a small child who ate quite a few of them) and one coma/death (but he ate over a hundred of them for dinner). If you start to fixate on the “poison shroom” myths, you WILL start to feel poisoned. JUST REMEMBER: going to the emergency room can turn a bad trip into a hellish one. Especially when the only thing they can do for you is shoot you up with sedatives and atropine (there is no treatment for acute Amanita poisoning more than 4 hours after ingestion and you won’t even get the atropine “come down” until they are CERTAIN what kind of mushroom you ate). As a final note on this “poison” myth please remember that acute Amanita poisoning doesn’t manifest for 12-16 hours (then it comes as nausea, vomiting and severe diarrhea). If you experience ANY of these symptoms the next day, see a doctor immediately as you may have eaten a toxic mushroom. SOME diarrhea is normal, especially if you drink alcohol with them. Severe/uncontrollable diarrhea should be evaluated by a medical professional immediately. Dehydration can kill you pretty quickly.

Edited by shroom_seeker, 07 February 2010 - 07:13 PM.

#17 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

5 dried grams, ground up, mixed with orange juice and down the hatch.

Time to go lay down. Much love to you all. :heartbeat

#18 weed4all

weed4all

Cosmic Traveler

• Free Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

have a good trip friend ;)

#19 Saint Stephen

Saint Stephen

Freelance Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:03 PM

I like your style. :thumbup:

#20 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

put your bullets down
flowers explode through everything

Edited by shroom_seeker, 10 May 2009 - 07:25 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!