Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

How to improve the quality of the high from a low quality bud - the magic of Terpenes

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 director of sound

director of sound

every thing is exactally the way it was aways suppose to be!

• OG VIP
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

i wonder of one was to aquire some of these terpenes if it would benefit the bud if added to your soil or nute mix. i could see imparting quite a orangy flavor and smell to your bud by adding limolene (sp?) to your soil or just orange peels in your soil.

#22 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,998 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

i wonder of one was to aquire some of these terpenes if it would benefit the bud if added to your soil or nute mix. i could see imparting quite a orangy flavor and smell to your bud by adding limolene (sp?) to your soil or just orange peels in your soil.

That's what I was wondering/ thinking.
is there any way to get these terpenes to add to the soil and will the plant pick it up and assimilate it?
It's not that hard to eat a mango b/4 smoking but it would be easier to get the plant to eat the mango ( terpenes that is LOL ) and then just smoke the herb as normal. Or vape, what have you.

#23 Guest_TaterBoard_*

Guest_TaterBoard_*

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:39 PM

I've been saying to friends for years that Cannabis is good enough now to be smelled for aromatherapy.

I picture aromatherapy lounges with comfy couches where the finest buds are broken up under your nose , while you get a massage , wearing a night-mask and listen to your favorite music.

you just described the business i'll own as soon as this stupid "war on drugs" is finished. and don't worry, there'll be a "friend of topias" discount!!

oh, and about the mangos... yah, me n a mexican friend tried it and i can't tell you if we got higher or not (kush/hash in the vap) but that was one goddam delicious mango!

#24 Coughing_Anon

Coughing_Anon

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:32 AM

I like to drink hoppy-ass beers (IPAs and such) with my smoke. No wonder they go so well together, eh?
  • Psoulocybe likes this

#25 arigold

arigold

rastafarey

• Expired Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:17 AM

This is awesome , mangoes are my favorite fruit so now I have yet another reason to eat them all the time:D :headbang:

#26 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,977 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:10 AM

That's what I was wondering/ thinking.
is there any way to get these terpenes to add to the soil and will the plant pick it up and assimilate it?
It's not that hard to eat a mango b/4 smoking but it would be easier to get the plant to eat the mango ( terpenes that is LOL ) and then just smoke the herb as normal. Or vape, what have you.

Foliar feeding?

#27 director of sound

director of sound

• OG VIP
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

i was thinking more along the lines (semi-organic grow) adding around 50ml D-limolene (extracted by steam distilation from orange peels) to 1000ml of fish emulsion for part of your nutes, the addition of gibberellic acid (a potent growth promoter that gives heartier plants and cuts theveg state in half) would possably allow you (using a medi strain) to make a freek weed around 23-25% with a killer flavor and high that could stand the terpenes/oils in the soil..... just think of what could come of this :eusa_eh::weedpoke:....

#28 StheNC

StheNC

Filthy Creep

• Expired Member
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:34 AM

Did you know that the mango is the most consumed fruit worldwide? Not as Popular in the US as I like them to be, but people the world over vote with their taste buds and stomachs every day. The Mango is number one.

I too would like to know if I can get my plants to eat a mango, or maybe some dried hops mixed into the soil...hmmmm

How big are terpene molecules? If they are indeed water soluble then the roots should be able to pick them up, maybe, I don't know.

I love mangoes.

#29 StheNC

StheNC

Filthy Creep

• Expired Member
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:35 AM

Go have a meal at a Thai restaurant and order the "Mangoes and Sticky Rice" for desert. Anyone had this? One of my all time faves.

#30 director of sound

director of sound

• OG VIP
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:55 AM

How big are terpene molecules? If they are indeed water soluble then the roots should be able to pick them up, maybe, I don't know.

I love mangoes.

i love mangos too... but terpine/terpene molecules are not water soluable. but plants can break them down or just absorbe them as is. look at the research on doping mescaline producing cacti with tyrosine, tryptophan and dopamine to increace potancy. it should work adding small amounts of terpenes to the soil with out it becoming toxic to the plant. i suggest D-limolene because it is one of the most accesable terpenes. and can be derived from a natural source.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#31 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:47 AM

There is starting to be evidence that Cannabis terpenes themselves might be psychoactive.

More soon.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!