• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

I have a small piece of yard to work with. Most of the time it sits under a couple inches of water. Oh... and all the soil is tough clay mix.... not much fun to turn. So, I've started some seeds inside, and am going to keep them in containers and move them outside as I run out of grow cabinet space. So far I have Tomatoes (mixed types), California Wonder peppers, tendergreen beens, Detroit Beets, and Streamliner Hybrid cucumbers. All are started from $.99 seed packs from the grow store. Ice cube trays for peppers and tomatoes to start, the rest are sown in 6"x6" 1lt or 3 gal bags. Soil is a mix of FFOF, recycled soil, coir, perlite, castings, couple guanos, some compost.... been working it for a couple months. I'll update more as things sprout up and I get working with some starter plants from the market tomorrow. I know I started these seeds late.... So we'll see what I can pull off.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_3514.jpg
  • DSC_3515.jpg
  • DSC_3516.jpg
  • DSC_3511.jpg
  • DSC_3512.jpg

#2 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:52 PM

Not container grown, but I do plan to take cuttings in the next couple days. This is my blackberry bush. I love her. She popped up wild, and I've trained her and fed her to take up most of my tiny yard. Blossoms just started opening today, so the next few days are going to be beautiful. Tons of fruit sites this year compared to last!

Also, my two little T. peruvianus. Just started taking them out to enjoy the best sun of the day. They're tiny, but I think they'll take off soon now ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_3428.jpg
  • DSC_3427.jpg
  • DSC_3458.jpg
  • DSC_3442.jpg
  • DSC_3430.jpg
  • DSC_3432.jpg
  • DSC_3434.jpg
  • DSC_3436.jpg
  • DSC_3426.jpg
  • DSC_3422.jpg

#3 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,013 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

Best of luck w/ your gardening Psoul.
I can't wait to move to a location w/ better light and and enough room to put out some veggies.
I've enjoyed growing my own herb and such so much that I think I would enjoy veggies that I had grown myself just as much.
As for Blackberries, they are more of a pest plant here in Seattle. :lol: people are always fighting them and cutting them back. But it is cool as you can walk around the neighborhood when BBerries are in season and pick all you could ever want for free w/o worrying about bothering anyone.
Once again, Best of Luck w/ your project! And good vibes to your little Peruvianus' as well! :cacti:

#4 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

Everyone is looking great. Keeping them outside as much as possible. Transplanting a lot... started some beets in bags.... been a lot of work. It's a lot easier to spread a pile of dirt around than to make all these little containers. I'll keep bringing in everyone on cold nights and anytime there is a bad storm, but they're in a good spot.

The tomatoes are the only ones that I have had issues with. The few that popped up are doing great, but a couple sprouted just stems... don't think they'll make it, and about half just didn't. I'll pick some starter plants up this week along with some hot peppers from the farmers market.

#5 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

pictures:

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_3670.jpg

#6 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

more

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_3668.jpg
  • DSC_3669.jpg
  • DSC_3670.jpg
  • DSC_3665.jpg
  • DSC_3666.jpg
  • DSC_3667.jpg

• Shadowlord likes this

#7 Twister

Twister

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:40 PM

Cool Psoul! Veg gardens are a great hobby! Very rewarding. Nice practice too. I have a nice sized garden that Im slacking on big time, still need to till it, but shit man, first I popped back to your Lipa Yai Monotubs thread, and thats got me pumped and ready for another round of the little 'fun guys':greenboun:greenboun:greenboun, now seeing your garden set-up, I want to go till and plant!!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!