harvest date: 5/20/09

here are the pics:
1flash.jpg
1noflash.jpg
2flash.jpg
2noflash.jpg

total wet weight: 103.901g
wet weight.jpg

this is a bag out of 10 or so bags.. others are still growing approximately the same age as well + or - a month..
I harvested a couple of bags a month ago and got about the same amount..
the first bag gave me large, medium, and small sized stones..
the second one gave me lots and lots of small ones which was a bitch to harvest and clean..
pic:
old harvest.jpg

and this ones the third.. lotsa huge stones! tried my best to clean it with out breaking them up..

tried them out for the first time a few weeks back and its been a very long time since i have taken any mushrooms.. loved the colors.. fun trip.. not much mind fuck but faintly colorful with lots of trails and stuff..
me likey

#2 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:28 AM

Excellent job Vinz! glad you got to experience your own fruits.:bow: :heart:

#3 seedlessstinky1

seedlessstinky1

Stinks

• Expired Member
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:28 AM

:bow:Thats a long time to get some shrooms....

Patience obviously is not an issue for a majician.....lol....

Totally badass dude...Just may have to break out that print i got....lol...:headbang:

#4 vinz

vinz

mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

thanks ;) had some from long time ago.. just ended up giving out to friends to try and test.. they all said it was awesome.. i was just not in the mood at that time to eat them coz they looked and felt funky lol
but i actually find them easier to eat than cubies or pans.. definitely tastes "better"
i dont even try to chew coz it still makes me gag lol so i just break them up in to tiny pieces and swallow them down with some juice.. works nicely ;)
harvesting is the hard part here.. specially if it comes out to tiny stones.. the big ones are easy to wash with running water and a toothbrush but it still takes some time to dig in through a brick of grass seed..

#5 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:24 AM

:headbang:

Lookin good bro! Now that you've separated the stones from the spawn, what are your plans for the spawn?

When I've done this, the sclerotia too tiny to bother with I just left with the spawn, and fruited it in trays. After a few flushes of mushrooms I went back through the substrate and all those tiny stones had at least doubled in size, if not more. This is a robust species, one harvest of stones is only the beginning!

I've found that chopping the mushrooms or stones up and cooking them with a little olive oil some green beans and a little chicken makes for a nice start to the evening! (and also makes eating the things much less of a chore - just be sure not to use too much regular food so that you don't get full before the end of your 'meal').

#6 vinz

vinz

mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

awesome tip beast! i've always wanted to fruit them the way you did! just that i have not had the chance to.. had to toss out the spawn :( cant go fruiting at the moment thats why im kinda sticking to stones.. more stealthy :P
here are some pics to show the stones in size and weight on their own :)
P1030172 (Large).JPG

P1030173 (Large).JPG

P1030174 (Large).JPG
p.s. im loving my new scale hehehe

#7 mr. pink

mr. pink

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

Hey Beastmaster, How easy where these to fruit? Did you just use poo or coir or did you use potting soil. And did you do any thing to provide extra FAE? I ask because I just moved some rgs colonized by alt#7 into a monotub.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!