Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

The Vertical Screen, now with Hempy Power!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:03 PM

I've been working this vertical thing for a while with a shallow cabinet, and I'm having fun. But I think I'm limiting my yields. My bud is killer.... I got a good routine.... I just don't get that canopy.......

I've finally found a strain that will kick some donkey dicks, and I thought it was time to take it to the max. I'm going to be going with my favorite phenotype of my Purple Kush x Lady G. She can really produce some dense donkey dicks.
This is the first half of the cabinet. This girl is going to be the biggest.... have her own half the cabinet and own screen. She's potted in a 28qt/7gal garbage can. I did one hole about 2.5" up from the bottom, about 1" diameter. I put a piece of black foam to keep substrate from washing away. God bless Gorilla Tape!
Perlite to 1" above the hole, and then 1/2" of just coir. Rest is filled with a mix of:
ProMix BX
Perlite
Coir
Castings
Epsoma Garden Lime

Ratios are by eye, but I put them in order of usage.

Initial transplant of a clone at a 30 degree angle.
Initial watering with organic tea: Pretty darn weak dilution.
Mexican Bat Guano
Jamaican Bat Guano
Indonesian Bat Guano
Mighty Myco
Nitrozyme
Earth Juice Meta-K
Cal-Mag
Touch of lemon squeeze

Watered until drip from hole, moved back to the lights.

I'm hoping to go 12/12 in a couple weeks.

I'll be adding 2 plants to the other side in 3 gallon bags... unless...... we'll see....... Probably two other PKxLady clones..

Need some input:
Should I rotate the bulb 90 degrees with the shallow cab I have? I feel I'm losing half my light w/ vertical.

Oh, what are people opinions on CMH? My temps are ok, but I could use a free few degrees if I can get enough light out of it. I have a Lumatek electronic 400w, that runs 50-60hz, and was told it'd rock it. It's about time for a new HPS, i have two 12 hr flowers on it, and a pretty lame agrosomething cheap from htg as a backup..... Think I can grab a Phillips CMH local for about $50. Should I go for it?

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_3675.jpg
  • DSC_3676.jpg
  • DSC_3671.jpg
  • DSC_3672.jpg
  • DSC_3674.jpg

• Dan Dare and curenado like this

#2 Indonesia

Indonesia

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:30 PM

foaf has considered the cmh for the uvb. maybe the cmh will help produce more potent buds. foaf did some homework for you and got some information from the ceramic metal halide (cmh) thread at ICmag bc foaf isn't sure you can run that bulb with the digi ballast:

Some basic info:

Ceramic Metal Halide lamps are currently not available in sizes over 400 watts. Philips is working on it, however there is no ETA.

The CMH lamps 150w and lower should work with digital ballasts.

250w and 400w CMH lamps will NOT work with ANY digital ballast EXCEPT the ones SPECIFICALLY made to fire CMH lamps.

250w and 400w CMH lamps will work with most good quality 250w (ANSI S50) and 400w (ANSI S51) HPS ballasts.

Also found this written by Simba(super knowledgable about CMH and sells them too on his website) at ICMag.

someone here used a 400 CMH on a Lumetek, and the bulb is still good..
Apparently it atemted to fire it up but couldn't reach 50% power and Faild in few minutes

this post was 2007 so lumatek ballasts may be different now
but then foaf read this:

However, in a nut shell - The arc tube and gas charge of the CMH has a limit to the frequency that it can tolerate. The core and coil classics run at around 60hz. This is good for the CMH's arc tube. There are specially tuned e-ballasts that run at about 200-400hz and have a very specific square wave output. (wave form). If you run outside of these parameters like the 80khz - 200khz non-square wave form output that the lumatek and others use, the arc tube may rupture, color shift will be present and in some cases the arc tube will develop a resonance that can be heard and cause emi/rf interfearance with electronic devices in your home and the neighboors.

If your e-ballast is running at 50-60 Hertz then maybe its ok, but I don't want to hear that you got hurt or ruined any equiptment. Check out this ongoing thread to learn more about CMH. http://www.icmag.com...ead.php?t=72215 Ask simba from icmag if it ok to use that ballast with that bulb, he would know for sure what would happen.

:rasta:Peace

#3 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

Transplanted 2 other clones into 3 gallon bags and set up a screen. Started some training today. I'm geeked!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_3726.jpg

#4 alounacara

alounacara

Picktish Texas Style...

• OG VIP
  • 2,782 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

Correction you are a geek:laser:
Looks like a pretty good start to me :pirate:
  • warriorsoul likes this

#5 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

:cool: Hempys is the shhhtttt!!!
  • Shadowlord likes this

#6 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

:loveeyes: I really like all the vertical screening that's going on here on the boards... Gives me some serious inspiration!

#7 Toadstool

Toadstool

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 279 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:34 AM

Very nice Soul! Love the Vert. stuff. You could run just a MH instead of the HPS have seen a very very nice Vert. by Northern Farmer at IcMag.
  • warriorsoul likes this

#8 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:07 AM

The girls are about 1 week into 12/12, and I think they're rocking. Especially the girl in the hempy tub.... I like this screen thing so far :)

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_4035.jpg
  • DSC_4032.jpg
  • DSC_4033.jpg
  • DSC_4034.jpg
  • DSC_4030.jpg
  • DSC_4031.jpg

• warriorsoul likes this

#9 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

2 week mark? really? I mean.... Shit.... this is scary.... I've had to trim a lot of fan leaves for some air flow, but this shit is just so thick still....
I think this may just work!

Had a little heat damage on the left, but nothing major... screen strap broke for a few days... they got a little too close... but she'll be fine I'm sure.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_4039.jpg
  • DSC_4040.jpg
  • DSC_4041.jpg
  • DSC_4038.jpg

#10 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:42 PM

Things are stinky here. Some spotting from a little pH issue a couple weeks back... but the buds are out of control.
Really moving quickly now.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_4069.jpg
  • DSC_4070.jpg
  • DSC_4071.jpg
  • DSC_4068.jpg

#11 wendal

wendal

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 431 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

Wow! Looks great :D

To clarify, what that is a CMH light? Or?

#12 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

Dude How did I miss this!! I love the Verticalness!! You could add 2 plants and have a Vert Square around that one Light!! So sick!! Loving the Hempys too... Ima make the switch eventually... I love soil tho.. So easy...

This looks like Archive material to me already!! Cant wait to see the buds!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

#13 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

Nope, just 400w HPS

#14 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:09 PM

Those are filling in very nicely! A coliseum grow would be a pretty natural progression after this.

#15 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:20 PM

Nice Psoul!:eusa_clap I love the ingenuity of topiates. Looks tasty man, enjoy.

#16 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Free Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:25 PM

Down the home stretch they come!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_4143.jpg
  • DSC_4142.jpg
  • DSC_4140.jpg
  • DSC_4141.jpg

• eastwood and kcmoxtractor like this

#17 Toadstool

Toadstool

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

Looking great!!!
  • Shadowlord likes this

#18 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

Hell yeah dude, those are gorgeous! I would definitely say this experiment is a success! Yield is gonna be great on that per watt I bet.

#19 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:18 PM

Wow!! Very inspiring!:weedpoke:

#20 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:33 PM

:heartbeat
That's one of the prettiest sets of buds I've seen! Like a picture in a seed catalog.
Just curious, how big were they when you put them on 12/12? How tall are they now?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!