Hypsizygus tessulatus (Buna Shimeji) Mycobag
Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:49 PM
- Isolate culture (cloned from supermarket fruitbody)
- rye grain spawn (14days)
- Sterilized (2,5hrs.) Beech mix (sawdust, small pieces, etc. with 10% wheat bran (14 days), 30days rest.
- No casing , misted daily.
- Temperatures: spawn 27°-28° Celsius, fruiting 15° Celsius
- Pins 20days after culture was brought to fruiting temps. Pins to Mature fruits: another 20days
VERY strange primordia. All over the culture (even inside the bag walls) the culture brought up pins like spines (see pics). These stayed for a few days until some of them (only few compared to their count) began to grow into these mature fruitbodies. Mycelium & fruitbodies have a near unpleasant (but fresh) odor- I will try them in a few days, will see how they taste when cooked.
Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:03 PM
Great shots. Making me hungry.
Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:23 PM
Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:07 PM
Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:28 AM
Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:53 AM